Chapter 2

Reaching you

Her side of the story

"Are you ready?" I smiled at my brother as I take his hand, leading our way in front of the crowd. I'm nervous. This will be the last time we will be performing together.

A week ago

"What's this?" I held the envelope on top of the kitchen counter. "Wedding invitation?" My brother nodded without looking at me. "Who's getting married?" I examined the envelope and started sniffing it. "What on earth are you doing?!" He took it out of my hands and began wiping it with his apron. "You're so weird y'know that? No wonder you don't have friends"  He sighed and shook his head placing the dinner he's cooking on my plate. "Wow! Looks delicious~" I clapped my hands and thanked for the meal. "You should get some friends, Ju-mie"

"As long as you here, oppa. I don't need friends" I smiled at him and continued eating. "Exactly! What if I won't be here anymore?" I knew my brother for the rest of my life and I knew what exactly this conversation will lead.

"I have to help dad with business."

I stood up on my chair and brought my plate to the sink "well, isn't it great? I won't be seeing your ugly face anymore" he approached me and wiped my tears with his thumb.

I was crying

"I will miss you," I hugged him as he placed a kiss on my head "I will call you everyday"

* * * * *

"Mic test. Mic test. Uh- it’s a great day for this couple here, huh?" I smiled at them and faced my brother then he starts strumming his guitar.

Everyone cheered in the room that made the butterflies on my stomach fade away.

I was looking at the crowd when my eyes spotted a girl, wait no, a guy? I don't know. He looks like a girl wearing man's tux. How could I tell? He, no, she looks very pretty tonight. I shook my head and avoid my gaze as my self-esteem are getting low.

Who wouldn't be? HOW CAN A GUY BE PRETTIER THAN A GIRL?

* * * * *

"I'm not drunk. Who told you I'm drunk! Psh. Nonsense!" I looked at the direction of the commotion when I saw her, no, him. Aish!

His friend tries to help him up but he pushed him away. He looked around and his eyes spotted me. OMG! She's so pretty. Wait. What am I talking about?

Pull yourself together, Lee Ju-mie!

I saw him making his way to the bride and he hugged her. I can see her eyes widen not knowing what to do. He now let go and hug the... Groom? And did he just tightened his hug? Woah! This is interesting. I was about to take a step closer when my brother pulled me, "it’s rude to interfere with other people's business" I rolled my eyes as he pinched my nose. "Let's go home" I took a glance once more seeing the girl-slash-guy...

Cried?

* * * * *

It’s already tuesday and I am here once again to the coffee shop where my brother suggests me to work. My workplace ain't far from my house so I prefer walking than riding the bus or being with some stranger beside me. That's why I don't have friends.

The audience cheered as we finished the song. Yes, we. Nope not my brother but some guy the owner know. What's his name again? K-kyungsoo? I can't remember. I was about to bow when my head hits the microphone. "Ow!" I touched my forehead feeling a bump forming

"Are you alright?" I nodded and smiled in the crowd bowing again, this time in apology.

 

oh yeah. I forgot to tell you. I was a little bit clumsy.

 

A/N: Aside from being heart-broken, our Lulu was also mistaken as a girl! Tsk tsk. What a life he had. Bad author, bad (im sorry im sorry). Hey our kyungsoo is also there! CAMEO APPEARANCE ALERT! Dont forget to comment below. If you love my story subscribe or upvote. Thank youuu. <333 I love you guys! 

P.S. Author-nim is hungryyyy