Chapter 4

Reaching you

Her side of the story

"You're back already, Ju-mie?" I just smiled at Mrs. Choi as I gave her the things she asked me awhile ago. "Did you rode the bus?" I smiled and nod my head.

I don't like buses. I told you that before, right? but Mrs. Choi has been so nice to me since I started working here. Free dinner every night and a free ride going home. Of course I have to repay the kindness she's showing.

I was about to put my things in the staff room when she called me, "Ju-mie, can you give me a minute?"

"What is it, Mrs. Choi?

"Can you ask the young man over there-" she points at the guy seating on the very corner of the room wearing a black cap and a leather jacket that covers half of his face "if he wanted something? Our staff aint here yet. Can you?" Because she's Mrs. Choi, I couldn't refuse her. I walked towards the man with a suspicious look.

"Do you want anything, sir?"

"N-no. I-im g-good"

I nodded and was about turning my back on him when he called my name.

"Ju-mie w-wait!" My eyes widen and looked at him. How come he knows my name? I wiped my palms as I could feel sweat between them. My heart is beating so fast. I don't know what to do.

I was awakened in my thoughts when I heard him, "I-i heard that the lady called your name, that's why"

I sighed in relief. I went back to the counter and took a glance of him one last time. I've never seen him before.

There's something fishy about that guy. I can smell it.

* * * * *

"Oppa!"

"Hey kid, how ya doing?"

Its been a week since my brother left and I already miss him. Our home is so quiet without him. I sighed in disbelief.

I moved in with my brother when I went to college until I graduated. I wanted to pursue my music career first and that's why we are performing on different bars or restaurants before.

"I'm good. You?"

"Still the same. How's your job?"

"I'm getting hang of it. Mrs. Choi is so nice, I have free dinner every weekdays and a free ride after work. How cool is that?"

"You're really enjoying yourself there, eh? Hey kid! No boys first, you got that?" He chuckled.

"What are you talking about? Of course not!" And that reminds me what happened this afternoon.

"Oppa! Something weird happened to me,"

"What is it?"

* * * * *

Our call ended after that.

Stupid brother.

I shook my head erasing the thought

"There's nothing wrong with that. You should stop reading books and socialize with other people. Your imaginations are getting worse" then he ended the call.

It feels so weird.

I need sleep that's what I need to do.

* * * * *

"Thank you for listening!" I stood up and bowed to the audience, then taking a glance to the figure that's been very familiar to me.

A week has passed and the suspicious guy I've encountered before was still there every afternoon until I've finished performing.

Its so strange.

Its not that he's actually there because of me. its just that I can't say that it was all coincidence. One time when Mrs. Choi drove me home, I saw him following us but as I dropped off I saw his car pass by us. Its so creepy you know why? Because I saw him looked at me.

Then I asked my brother

"Look sis, if he approached you do this. If he invites you into something, you say no. When he's about to say something, say no. Say no and no. If he insist. Hit him on the spot. Got that?"

Tomorrow came and I know he would be there on the very corner of the room.

When I opened the front door, he's not there but my eyes fixed on a person I didn't expect to see

 

A/N: Yasssssshhhh! who do you think is the person she saw? hmmmm. I love you guys <33