Seven

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei's POV


I was watching over Kris at night to make sure everything was alright and that he was fine. I saw Kris sleeping peacefully but then he started talking in his sleep. I quickly went out the window and jumped on top the roof and waited, "..Mei, wherever you are I hope you are happy." I heard Kris say. I wanted to cry; I do, but I can't. Now that I have to protect him and get him a wife, I can't let my feelings get in the way.

I raised my hand, and two of my men were by my side on the roof. "Make sure Kris is safe for the rest of the night," I said, and the both nodded. I quickly went off the roof and headed for the guards' dormitory to speak with Tao. There I saw Tao working out a new floor plan for tomorrow's event "Hey I already have everything planned." I said and pulled out a piece of paper out of my sleeve.

Tao read it and smiled "Mei you sure are Master Chang's disciple." He said, and I smiled. We added extra protection on the protection plan for tomorrow's event that the Crown Prince will be holding. "Mei I got the info you asked for," Tao said and handed me a bundle of papers. I took a set and started to read and separated the papers, "Have you figured them out?" Tao asked, and I laughed.

"Tao I'm not that good. I'm just doing this based on the family background history." I said and then held only three pieces of paper "These three are the only ones I can say I trust with good backgrounds. But I have to make sure their intentions are good as well" I said and handed Tao the three pieces of paper. "Do you think that Xiumin can come and help me?" I asked Tao, and it seem he was a bit nervous me asking about his older brother.

"Umm well he is busy," Tao said and I sighed. "How about I asked one of my friends to help us out?" Tao said, and I raised my eyebrow. "He is the Minister of Finance, and we grew up with Kris," Tao said, and then it hit me, Kris was able to have great friends after I left.  "His name is Luhan," Tao said and I laughed.

"You mean pretty Luhan, the one who was always attached to his father's leg?" I said and giggled. Tao glared at me, "Fine if he gets the right research on these girls for me that would be great. I will do the rest of the girls. Hopefully, the apple does not fall from the tree" I said and walked away.


Kris's POV


It was the next morn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter