Thirty-Five

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I close my eyes and slowly inhale and exhale. When I finally calm down, I look up to the sky to see clouds forming making the sky turn dark. I start to wander around the palace as I wait to hear from the councilmen.  I look at the flowers that Suho ordered the staff to garden for me. Everything he did was to make me happy. Everything that happen weighed heavily on my chest. I have to be strong for my children and my kingdom. 

On the way back to my room the wind starts to pick up. Loose strands of my hair covered my eyes. I fix my hair and stop my dress from the wind. When I wind finally calmed down, I felt a soft fabric on my shoulders. I turn to see Kris there “Here, you need to keep warm,” He said. I still couldn't make eye contact with him. Both of silently walk each other side. When I reach my room is when Kris finally broke the silence "I hate how we can never be by each other side for a long time. It seems like something is wanting to keep us apart" I look up at Kris and notice how sad he looks. Kris hands slowly reach up to my face. His thumbs wipe away my tears. I look back down to the ground feeling a rush of guilt. "I love you Mei" Kris whispered before his kissed the top of my head. I couldn't look at him at the moment; I just stood there until he walked away.
 
“Thank you for saving Sehun” I blurted as I remember Kris risking his life for Sehun. I see the smile on his face which brings back memories of our childhood. He nods his head before turning his back on me. Slowly I watch him walk away before I go back to my room. 

I spent the rest of the afternoon in my room with Sehun on my lap and Yuri on my side. I had to explain to Yuri why Suho won't be back to give her a bedtime story for tonight or ever. It was hard, she started to cry and so did I. After I told her it would be okay and that Suho will always watch over her. Once the tears were gone, she started yelling, "Father" It was heartbreaking but it had to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter