Thirty-Six

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei POV

It was early morning when the maids had woken me up. I got up and sat in front of the mirror as the maids braided my hair. I look myself in the mirror and notice my red swollen eyes. I could help but think if I cried all night long? Looking back at myself in the mirror, I could see and feel how exhausted I look. "It's only morning" I shook my head. Once the maids were done with me, I had dismissed them.

Once they were gone, I look at my kids who were still sleeping on the bed. I smiled but felt pain in my heart. I didn't want them to experience such a devastating event. Looking at Yuri, she resembles Kris so much, and Sehun resembles Suho. I started to cry I could lose Yuri. Kris can take her away from my arms. If I decide to stay and rule the kingdom, I may never see Yuri again.

Before I woke up the children, I change my night attire to a black hanbok gown. First I woke up Yuri and told her about the funeral that the palace will be doing for Suho. Yuri instantly rejected going to the event. I had to convince her it was they way we can say goodbye. After that, I called the maid to help Yuri get dress while I wake up and dress Sehun.

When it was time for the funeral, I held Sehun in my arm and held Yuri hand with my free hand. We walk down a pathway; servants stood along the trail as they bow down as the three of us walked down. We walk all the way to the garden. There stood Kris, and the councilmen were there. Suho was going to be buried in the rose garden; it was the one place where Suho and I could have peace. I took a white rose from a basket and gave one to Sehun and Yuri. The three of us then put it on Suho grave, Yuri pulled my, arm and I look down at her “I miss Suho appa” Yuri said.

I bent down to Yuri's level and gave her a kiss on the top of her head “I miss Suho appa too” I said. I look at Kris and see that his face, looking like as if he was in pain. Everyone was quiet while the shaman did her work. The ceremony continues as I finish off with a simple word of great Suho was.  There was then to be a small gathering of influential people from the kingdom. It was nice seeing Kris talk to Yuri, I was surprised to see her smile. The gather lasted hours with small chat, food and drinks. As I said goodbye to the guest, the councilmen started to gather up. 

I turn around and see Yuri holding Kris' hand. Kris look so happy with Yuri; I hated to pull them apart. “Kris we should get are business straighten out, so you can go home rule your empire,” I said making Kris frown.

Kris pat Yuri head “Yuri why don’t you go with Tao and play near the pond. I think the fish and you both need some fun” Kris said making Yuri laugh. Tao held her hand, and I gave Sehun to the maid, as they headed off to the pond to have morning breakfast. Kris and I went to the hall and sat in our seats while breakfast was served “I hope what happen to Suho won't ruin are peace treaty” Kris said making me look up at him. “Even though you choose him I wouldn’t war to come upon are Empire’s, I wouldn’t want Yuri growing up in a war zone because of me. Imagine who the people in are city would feel” Kris said making me smile and feel warm.

I remember how I taught him always to think about his peo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter