Seventeen

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris POV

I was looking for Mei everywhere, but I couldn't seem to find her at all. I went to ask my father if he knew where Mei was. "Father" I called, but he glared back at me. I swallowed hard as I stepped into his chambers. "Have you seen Mei?" I asked him, but he chuckled.

"Why son, so you can defile her and take any pride she has left?" My father said I guess he knew what happened to Mei and I last night. I didn't say anything; I look down to the ground. My father sighs and doesn't even look at me "Mei left for the mountains, but she will be back soon" Father said making my heart drop. I fell on my and hunched over, I felt so defeated once again because Mei left me... again. Having Mei back made my world so much more brighter. Last night I had showed how much I loved Mei.

"Father I love her, and I only want to marry her. I want to cherish her as I did last night, she is the one father, she always has been!" I said as I wept some tears. Knowing that Mei was gone hurt a lot but what felt worse was not knowing when she will come back. Mei is the only one who can make me smile again; she is the only one who can make me be a better person. Mei is the one who can make me the best Emperor. I can't picture anyone but her by my side.

My father smiles back at me and nods "Tell the councilmen to bring her in. We have finally made a decision on the new Empress" My father said. I quickly went out and got the councilmen together. My father stepped out of his room to help convince the councilmen to see Mei is the only person who could be my Empress. When the councilmen heard the news of our decision, they were shocked. They refused the captain of the army to be my wife, to be the Empress of this great country. "What do you mean she is not worthy? Do not forget who her mother was and that she was raised within these walls. Her mentor was the captain of this country army. She traveled all over the world learning every skill possible. She is this nation's ultimate spy" My father said making me, and the councilmen shocked almost to death.

I heard of this spy when growing up, who helped my father in winning wars and disputes around his country, little did I know that it was Mei. "I heard Mei is not even in the palace at the moment, how can we rely on a woman like her?" The councilmen question.

"She went to the mountain to purify herself, before when we get married" I interrupted and smirked at the councilmen. After a couple minutes, they finally agreed to my marriage with Mei. When Mei comes back, I will marry her. There will be a huge ceremony for us becoming the new Emperor and Empress. I just hope I will be able to convince Mei to be with me.

Later that day I found Tao and the girl who I was supposed to be with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter