Four

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei's POV

It has been three days since the attack on the palace. Since then Kris hasn't left his mom's side or even talked to me. My father brought me to one his colleagues named Sungmin, so he could train me and be prepared to be Kris's personal bodyguard. I met a boy named Tao while training, he's Sungmin's youngest son, next to Xiumin. All three of us are training hard; we practice every day until the sun sets.

I was in the middle of stretching with Tao when my dad passed by to see how I was doing. "Mei, why don't you go look for Kris and bring him here?" My father asked. I started to walk away from training, "And bring Tao along with you, maybe the two of them could be friends." My father said.

I nodded and smiled, Tao came running towards me. "Do you know the Crown Prince?" He asked me and I hummed in response. I held his hand while I pulled him to Kris's room. The maids bowed to me, "Wow." Tao said he looked amused of how well known I am in the palace walls.

I opened the doors to Kris's room and found him reading his book. "Kris, do you want to come and see me train?" I asked Kris and gave him my puppy eyes. Kris looked up and glanced at me then at Tao then started laughing "Kris, I'm serious here." I said.

I went close to Kris only to be the push away and fall to the ground "Don't you dare come close to me, you filthy child. I guess you got yourself a friend, why don't you play with him? I have books to read and learn, I'm going to be Emperor one day and if you haven't noticed, I don't need weak people around me." Kris said.

I stood up and sighed. I guess he was still mad at me that I couldn't protect his mother and his supposed-to-be sibling. "Okay, we'll be in the field if you want to come and learn how to fight," I said and turned around. I saw Tao glaring at Kris with his fists clenched; I grabbed one of his hand. "Let’s go, Tao," I said and we headed back.

"Why is he so mean to you?" Tao sulked.

"Well apparently, he's mad at me because I couldn't protect his mom and his younger sibling," I replied.

"But you lost your mom," Tao said and I shook my head.

"Tao you have to understand,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter