Fourty - End

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


After Kris had left Mei went straight to her room. She didn't want anyone to see her cry and think she is weak. Mei quickly crawled back into bed as she then cried into her pillow. She thought about how life is so unfair. Mei questioned why important people always seem to be taken away from her.  Maids tried to help her, but she told them that she did not want to be disturbed. It wasn't until Kyungsoo came and gave her a scroll. Mei notices the seal; it was from Kris empire. She instantly opened the scroll and read the contents.

My Love,

We may be apart for years and until I can finally see you and hear your lovely voice. I don't want to lose any contact with you. I want to know how your days go. I want you to write to me when you have the good and the bads days. I will write every moment I can; I want to share my experience with you. But I also want you to know that I am a hundred percent faithful to you.  I love you, and I hope to hear from you soon

From Your Good looking Emperor,

Kris


At the end of the day, Mei decided she couldn't cry and be all depressed all the time. She had to move on and live and protect what is important to her. With the letter, she received from Kris she started to write her letter. She wrote how much pain and tears she cried over him. She as wrote what she should do differently by accepting his marriage proposal. After writing the letter and making sure, it was sent off right away she then decided to take a walk around the garden and see Suho's grave.

Mei went through a lot of healing as she was starting to get over that Kris won't be around anymore. She would spend all her time in her work, ruling the Empire was her priority. From time to time, Mei would send letters as she would also receive letters and gifts from Kris. The only time Mei spent not working was to be with her children. When Yuri came back home, Mei would devote more time to her children than working.

Mei showed her sick feelings for a split moment when Yuri will come back without Kris.  Even with all the exchanging of letters to one another Mei wished that she could see Kris one more time. The maids and councilmen knew Mei was affected with the loss of Kris. She would tend to lose herself as the little things will remind her Kris. 

Kris, on the other hand, was looking forward to the future. He married Yoona as a promise to keep war from uprising. He got to spend more time with Yuri as he taught her politics and how her mother taught her how to defend herself. Kris showed Yuri everything he and her mom did together. He told her the truth of what happen to them. Yuri called Kris an idiot. However, Kris promised Yuri that he would only love Mei despite marrying Yoona. 

Kris kept his promise as he never kissed or touch Yoona. The councilmen continued setting dates to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter