Eighteen

Choosing the Right One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei POV


I was by the lake where I first met Kris when I came back after 15 years. I look into the water and thought how great it would be to jump and never come back. But then someone grabs my shoulder and turns me around so I could face them. It was Tao, and he quickly wipe my tears away and hugs me tightly "Why the tears?" Tao said.

Before I could say anything else, two guards came by."There is an attack" One of the guards said. All of a sudden I was no longer this pregnant, hormonal girl, but a fierce warrior. "Captain Mei you're back!" The guard said. I walk right pass them storming into the fight without thinking about my health or my child.

"Tao get my sword from my room and meet me at Kris's location," I said and we split up. I found Kris discussing with the councilmen in the hall, not only that, but there were about nine men with swords present. Kris and the councilmen were surrounded by the men with swords, none of the guards were able to get into the room without starting a panic. This was the time where I used my stealth mood to sneak in. I then used the curtain to choke one of the intruders.

Everyone turned and looked at me, their faces shown a shock expression as the saw me. "Hello boys" I said and quickly turned around. I whip the curtain again making me chock another intruder. Two intruders came at me with their sword. I was able to dodge and grab onto one of the intruder's arm making him stab the other intruder. I quickly snapped the head of the intruder who I'd grabbed.

I saw Kris face who looked surprised and happy to see me. There were six intruders left, and they all ganged up on me, I was able to dodge their swords but not their kicks. "Mei" Kris shouted and tried to come to me but was held back the council members. It was too late when I felt the sharp blade on my side; I was cut, but luckily it wasn't a deep wound.

Tao burst in with my sword and throws it to me. Tao and I got into our defense position like we used to when we were little. With both of us fighting with swords, we were able to slaughter every single one of those men. I look at Kris and see his concern face. However, I quickly look away as I remember Jun being pregnant. I lower my sword and put it back in its sheath. Just when I was distracted for a second, I felt a cold metal piercing to the side of my body.

Soon I felt the sharp pain on my side but it also hurt in my chest. I fell on the ground and started panting due to the unbearable pain in my side.  "Mei!!!!" Kris shouted and came running towards me "Your bleeding!" Kris said and put p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter