Different side?

Loving the Opposite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Three

 

 

Eunji was startled awake by her phone alarm that she had set to prevent her sleeping into class time. She groaned in disappointment at how fast time flew by. She was leaning against a wall at the far back of one of the aisles in the school's library. She heaved her body up grumpily from the carpeted library floor and began making her way back to class. She bowed politely to the librarian before making her way out. 

For Eunji, the 30 minute sleeping break still left her more tired than ever. In fact, there was rarely ever a time that she wasn't tired. As she walked through the corridors, she noticed it was louder and much more busier than usual.   "I knew that EXO would favor that new kid!"   "I know! Luhan, isn't it! He is so adorable! He is from a wealthy family too! He is so perfect~"   Eunji heard several of these types of comments as she passed by the gossiping girls on the way to class. She had understood that Luhan had become part of exo, those rich bunch of boys that were fancied by all the girls in the school. Well, except for her that is. Eunji didn't need love in her life, though she never really knew how it felt like to be in love. How could it pay her bills, keep her family alive? Eunji had concluded long ago that it was useless. Work, school, sleep; thats how life goes.    As Eunji neared the classroom, she saw the noticeably larger crowd huddled in front of her classroom. Filled with the voices of excited girls and a few hints of manly voices, it was obvious what was there —EXO.   Eunji slumped her shoulders and huffed in annoyance, knowing it wasn't going to be an easy task to get through the huge mass of people. She gloomily began her journey as she pried her way into the gaps between the bodies, earning a few displeased looks. She got bumped a few times but it didnt matter as long as she could get past and survive. She didnt even spare a glance at EXO. Luhan noticed her though, in fact, even most of exo noticed considering their heights were taller than the usual—except for Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Baekhyun. She resembled a singular car driving in the wrong direction of a one way road as she pushed her way through the still crowd. Her messy hair, slumped shoulders and eyes that were barely kept open intrigued Luhan, although he couldn't pinpoint why. She was unique, the girl who didn't give a single about 'the top 11 -now 12- handsomest and richest boys in the school.'    Luhan smiled.        When Eunji had finally arrived to her classroom with much effort, she noticed how her table was still out of place from when she pushed it earlier. She dragged it back to align with the other tables and took a seat. She —of course— did her signature position of placing her arms in front of her and resting her head. Class was in 5 minutes, meaning she had 5 minutes longer to take a nap. Eunji was in the middle of deep relaxation until she felt a presence beside her. She waited for it to go away, but it didnt. Her eyes fluttered open as she peered up into the curious eyes of Luhan.    "What do you want?" she asked, not in the mood to talk. Well, she never was.   "Nothing," the boy muttered with a shrug although there was a michievous grin spreading on his face.   Eunji stared at him skeptically before closing her eyes again, feeling extremely self concious.    "Hey, why are you always so sleepy?" Luhan asked with a hint of playfulness.   "And why don't you just mind your own business?" the girl hissed, her eyes still closed. She was definitely not enjoying his company.   Luhan puffed his cheeks and admited defeat when he took his seat behind her, though it was quite obvious he wasn't finished.

 

"I'm just curious," he continued, smiling as he drummed his fingers on the table.

 

"Well, don't be," she replied, frustrated at how the boy wouldn't stop talking. She had noticed the presence of other girls watching them too, and you know how scary girls can be when they're jealous.   "Are you sick? Is that why you're so tired?" Luhan asked, now with concern flooding his eyes.   Eunji decided to ignore him if thats what it took to shut him up.   "Are you asleep? Hello? Are you ignoring me?"   "Give up Lulu," one of the boys from the morning said. "She's always in a bad mood so she snaps at you no matter what you say. Everyone already knows not to talk to her. She sleeps as if theres no tomorrow, like seriously. Our entire class is almost definite that she's nocturnal. You know, sleep during the day, awake during the night, like a vampire. He said the last three words in a hushed and creepy voice while wiggling his eyebrows.   Eunji wanted to smash the table as the boy couldn't seem to put away his lame joke. She also hated how
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter