Confession

Loving the Opposite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eleven

 

 

Today was the day Luhan was going to confess. He was going crazy from the nervousness but he knew that he couldn't back out after thinking about it all night. His plan was to get Eunji to a place where they could be alone, and that place was the library.

Well, that place wasn't exactly empty all the time, but it was the only meaningful place he could think of.   Luhan hesitantly tapped Eunji's back after the bell signaling break rang.    Eunji turned around. "Hm?"   "Can you come with me to the library?" Luhan asked, fidgeting with his sleeve.   "Yah, you know I need to get my beauty sleep right?" Eunji joked. "Why do you want to go to the library? We've already finished our project."   That was what Luhan had regretted. He should've take the chance when it was normal to go to the library by themselves, but now that the project was finished, it just seemed plain weird.   "I need to talk to you," Luhan said, hoping that she would stop asking questions.   Eunji pretended to think hard about it, although she already knew she would accept the offer. It was hard to turn down the little lamb.   "Ok," Eunji said after a moment of thought. She smiled, wondering why Luhan would still ask to hang around her even after the project. It made her so unbelievably happy, though she tried hard to hide it.   A wide smile burst onto Luhan's face. He got up hurriedly from his seat and took a step to stand beside Eunji's desk. "Lets go," he said excitedly, before quickly leaving the classroom in embarrassment. Eunji watched him leave and laughed quietly to herself. She quickly got  up from her chair and followed him outside.   "Yah, is it just me or is that girl still clinging to Luhan?" Yuri, one of the girls muttered quietly to her friend that had pulled her chair up to her desk.    "I know! They already finished the project and they're still together. I mean, SHE literally just followed him out the door!" Yoona said in reply. "Is she clingy or what?"
"She is so desperate. She doesn't deserve Luhan." Yuri stared at the classroom door which the two had left through. Yoona nodded in agreement.   --   Luhan hurriedly walked to the library, trying to organize his thoughts and what to say when the time came. Eunji came stumbling behind him, trying to catch up to his long legs. His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to remember part of the speech he had memorized the night before. Will you...   "Luhan!" Eunji yelled from behind him.    He turned around in surprise, acting almost as if he didn't expect Eunji to be behind him.    "Can you please explain why we're going to the library first?! What the hell do you need to talk about and WHY do we need to go to the library for it!?" Eunji gasped in exhaustion. "And slow the heck down! Not everyone has legs as long as yours!"   "Oh...sorry," Luhan said without really thinking. Will you, do you... What was it?!    Eunji stared at Luhan, even squinting as if that would help her find out why he was acting strange.   "Yah...you're acting weird. You've been like this since yesterday..." Eunji sighed.    Luhan's face fell. "I-I'm sorry," he stuttered. "Just come with me."   He quickly walked towards Eunji and with a rush of courage, grabbed her hand. Eunji looked up at him in surprise   but he looked away and was already tugging Eunji to the library. Eunji watched the back of Luhan's head as she was pulled along. She quickly snapped from her trance though and quickly pulled away from the boy's grasp. She stopped and stood with her arms on her hips.   "Don't..." she took a deep breath. "Don't think you can drag me anywhere you want. If you have something to say, just say it here." Eunji wasn't the least bit angry, but she knew she had to maintain her image of not being an easy girl.   Luhan looked at her helplessly before he looked at his feet. This was not how it was supposed to go. He noticed how this corridor was empty and decided to just go with it. What's the worse that could happen?   "Sorry," Luhan said apologetically.   "You've said that twice already," Eunji grumbled. Her fatigue was coming back and she didn't have the energy to remain angry.   She stared blankly at the floor, blinking slowly. Luhan noticed and realised he should get a move on. He couldn't remember any of his speech but he knew it was now or never.   "I like you," Luhan blurted.   It took a few seconds for Eunji to register the words. Her head snapped up to look at him in shock.   "I know we haven't known each other for long, but I really like you. I know.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter