Surprise!

Loving the Opposite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seventeen

 

 

Eunji tiredly began to work on the second cup of coffee that day, pouring the milk with a sullen expression. Voices that seemed to belong to a crowd of school boys approached the cafeteria and she groaned inwardly, hoping that they weren't anyone she knew. No one had really noticed her at school so she doubted anyone would recognize her.

  The bell on top of the door rang and Eunji could see from her peripheral vision that their group was huge. She made sure to keep her head down and focus on the drink she was making.    "Oh! Eunji! There you are!" Eunji snapped her attention to them after hearing her name. She sighed in relief after realizing the voice had come from Baekhyun. Gathered around him were the entire group of EXO, including Luhan of course. 
Eunji looked at Luhan to seek an explanation but he only grinned in reply. Returning back to Baekhyun, she smiled.
"Ah, Baekhyun-ssi, annyeong!" Eunji greeted as they began to walk towards the counter. "What are you guys doing here?"   "Luhan-ge suggested the idea and we thought it would be a fun surprise," Xiumin said happily, leaning onto the counter. "What are you making? I've always been interested in being a barista." The boy peered curiously behind the machine.   "Just a regular cappuccino," Eunji said as she finished it off and placed it on a small plate. "You should all go find a seat, make sure not to disturb the customers, okay?"    The boys nodded and went to find a place somewhere to the side of the cafe. They began to drag chairs and tables together, causing Eunji to laugh at the 12 seated table they managed to make. She wouldn't be surprised if there were no more vacant seats for the future customers. Eunji carefully picked her creation up and walked towards table number 6, a table right next to EXO. She noticed their distressed and frustrated expressions and held back a giggle.    "Here is your regular cappuccino," Eunji said in a professional tone as she placed the cup on the table.   The man looked up at her and looked hesitant, as if he wanted to say something. Eunji smiled and tilted her head as if waiting for the man to say something.   "Can i please...move tables?" the man asked, his eyes gesturing to the group of boys behind him.    Eunji looked at his wife who sat opposite him and she nodded shyly.   "Oh I'm very sorry. That is no problem at all. Would you like to move to table 17?" Eunji offered kindly, looking at a table on the very opposite side of the disturbance.    "Yes that would be great," the man laughed. Eunji quickly picked up the coffee and lead them to another table.    "Enjoy your drink," Eunji said with a bow.   Blowing a strand of hair out of her face, she walked to EXO. 
"Geez you guys, you're chasing the customers away," Eunji pouted tiredly.    EXO stopped talking and looked up at Eunji. "Ahh...mianae," Luhan apologized on behalf of the group. "Should we leave then?"   Eunji frowned. She didn't want to make them leave after they took the effort to get here to give her a 'surprise.' In fact, they were practically customers too- in a way.    "No no, what would you like to drink?" she asked the boys, whipping out a pen and notepad from the pocket of her apron. They peered at the menu on the table for a long moment.   "Caramel Mocha! Four of them!"   "Americano!"   "Three latte's!"   "and four milkshakes! Two chocolate and two banana!"   Eunji hurriedly scribbled their orders onto her notepad with messy writing.    "But, is this free service for us?" Kris asked shamelessly as he leaned his head against the wall with his arms crossed.    Almost instantly, EXO members began to whack and scold him.    "Buo! BUO! What did I do?" Kris yelled as he defended himself from s, oblivious to his mistake.   Eunji looked conflicted. Luhan noticed and tugged on her wrist, catching her attention.    "Don't worry about it. He was just joking. We'll pay of course," he assured, giving a gentle smile.   Eunji nodded slowly but still looked deep in thought. "Mm...okay." Eunji quickly went back to the counter to work on their orders.     "Hey, who are they?" her boss asked as he eyed them carefully.    "Luhan's friends," Eunji answered as she scooped some ice cream for the milkshake.    "You're getting popular huh?" Mr Kim grinned as he leaned back on a wall.   Eunji peered up at him. "Sorry but can you help me with the orders?" she asked with a hint of playfulness.   Mr Kim raised his eyebrows. "Oh sorry, didn't know we had some." He went and studied the sticky note stuck on the coffee machine. "Who in the world orders this much?" he muttered as he began working on the machine. "Ah! It's those guys isn't it?"   "Yeah."   "Ohh chincha? Don't tell me...you want to give it to them for free?"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter