Call

Loving the Opposite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Twenty Six

 

The class sat in an eery silence as the teacher's chalk scratched against the board, quickly forming a long algebraic equation. No one seemed to be interested in the woman's talk as they had learnt the same thing for the past hundred classes. Eunji's head was as usual, slumped against her desk but this time she had a book opened in front of her in an attempt to hide herself. It was pointless since every teacher would be able to realize she was sleeping without a second glance.


Zzz.


Eunji felt a small vibration against her cheek and her eyes sprung open. She wasn't the type to use her phone in class, heck, why use it when you can get some sleep. But she kept it there on silent just in case, and for the first time that year it seemed she had received a text. But from who?  Her mind swam in curiosity and she looked around the classroom. Could it have been Jungkook fooling around with her? However Jungkook actually seemed to be writing down notes in his notebook, and seemed rather focused on the task unlike the rest. It couldn't have been him. 


Zzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzzzzzzzzz


Her phone began to rang and all eyes turned to her. In a hurry she slammed the book in front of her down and reached into her desk, pulling out her phone. Without even looking at the number, she hung up and sighed in relief when her phone's screen became black.
"Eunji."


Her teacher's voice was loud and clear. Arms cross and head tilted, she obviously didn't seem pleased. "What do you think you're doing with your phone in class? Do you not understand the school rules? That phone should be in your bag, not in your desk. Put it away now," she ordered.
Eunji sunk down into her chair and quietly placed her phone back into her desk. "I'm sorry," she mumbled.


The teacher nodded before turning back to the board and the student's interest instantly disipated. Eunji took a deep breath and stared down at her lap. Who would call her? The only person she really contacts on her phone is her mum. Her mum. Her eyes widened and her heart suddenly began to beat rapidly as worries filled her head. It can't be, she kept repeating to herself. Perhaps it was one of her bosses who called to say her shift was off. Perhaps it was just a prank call. She thought of everything but the one possibility remained. She took a glance up at her teacher who was focused on filling up the entire board with equations that nobody would bother working out in the end. Slowly, her hand reached into her desk and quietly pulled the phone out. She kept it down onto her lap to keep it out of sight and pressed the power button. She tapped into missed calls.


Missed Calls
(1) Kangneung hospital

Eunji's breath hitched and she felt the world crash down on her. Her phone recognised that number because they had visited the hospital for her mum's depression. All Eunji could do was stare, frozen and rigid at her phone's bright screen.


"Excuse me!" Jonghyun shouted, raising his hand up with a smirk plastered on his face. "Eunji is looking at her phone!" 


The class turned to look at the girl again and became inte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter