Misunderstanding

Loving the Opposite
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nineteen

 

 

"W-what are you talking about?" Eunji managed to say, her eyes widened in fear. She had never felt so fearful near Luhan. He wasn't his usual self.

"I thought you were different..." Luhan muttered, his gaze still locked on her, his jaw still clenched as if trying to hold back his tears. His head slumped down in defeat and he closed his eyes.   "Luhan, please tell me what's wrong first," Eunji said desperately, a shaking hand carefully making its way to his cheek. Her hand had barely grazed his cheek before he slapped it away, his body overwhelmed with anger.
Eunji's arm hovered in the air, her body frozen as she stared at Luhan who glared at her so menacingly it scared her.   "What's wrong? I'll tell you whats wrong. I found out that you...you're only dating me for my money," Luhan growled. "You don't fcking love me. Everything was an act. Everything..."  Luhan was close to breaking into tears, so extremely close.   "What are you talking about Luhan? I love you, you know that. Please just tell me clearly," Eunji pleaded, her heart already breaking as she watched the broken boy in front of her.   Luhan gave an exaggerated scoff. "I can't believe you. You're still acting innocent. Yuri and Yoona have already given me proof." Without any further words, Luhan tapped the start button on Yoona's phone.   "You really think I love him? Please. It's nothing but the opposite. I'm only going out with him for the money." "Why would you do that?" "I don't care. I'm poor, he's rich. Why else would I date him?"   Eunji's jaw fell. Those girls never wanted her help after all. That script really did seem dodgy, but she didn't dare say anything. No one knew about their relationship after all, or so she thought.Those two only wanted to tear their love apart- of course, why else would they even talk to her.   "Luhan, don't listen to that. I was tricked into saying that! I didn't mean those words! You know I wouldnt--"   "I don't know if I can trust you anymore. Stop trying to make excuses. You were TRICKED into saying that? Don't make me laugh."   Eunji shook her head in disbelief. "Luhan. Please believe me."   "You know what, it does make sense. You're poor and I'm rich. Would you really date me for me? You were going for the money all along weren't you?"   "Luhan JUST LISTEN TO ME!!" Eunji yelled, her eyes on the brink of tears.    "SHUT UP!!" Luhan shouted back. He didn't know what was going on inside of him, but he felt like every fragment of anger and disappointment he had gathered up in the past years were about to let loose.   Eunji's lips snapped shut at Luhan's sudden outburst. He looked angry, so angry to the point it felt as if he was going to hit her at any moment.   "My friends told me that dating you wasn't a good idea. But you know what I did? I told them that you were different, that you wouldn't date me for my money. But only now do I realize what an idiot i was." Luhan shook his head in disbelief. "I can't believe what is happening right now."   Luhan placed a hand on his forehead and took deep breaths. A moment of silence passed between the two, with Eunji's mouth opening and closing yet no words were said.   "We're over," Luhan's voice interrupted the cold silence.    "Luhan please--"   "Stop it. Please." Luhan's voice was pained. "Please..."   "Don't you trust me?"   "I used to...Just, leave me alone?"   Luhan  took a step back and gazed at Eunji for a few moments. He looked down at his feet before slowly walked away.   Eunji watched each step Luhan made, each step that bought them further apart. It can't end like this. I have to try.   Eunji gathered her courage and ran up to Luhan, grasping his wrist and tugging him to face her.    "Luhan."   "LET GO OF ME!" Luhan roared, rashly pushing the small girl away. 
Eunji fell to the ground and groaned in pain, tears involuntarily cascading down her cheeks. Luhan's expression faltered and he had almost offered her a hand until he remembered their situation. Compared to what she's done to me, this is nothing.   "Don't come near me ever again. Don't ever talk to me or touch me. Just get out of my life. You're...you're disgusting."   Luhan's glare emitted pure disgust before he looked away and began to walk. His heart ached and he bent his head down, hoping the passer-by's wouldn't see his tears threatening to fall. He wanted to get out of the school and away from everything. He had been humiliated, used, his feelings treated as a toy to be played with and thrown away. He had loved her so sincerely, so adoringly, it hurt to think about  her thoughts during their kisses and hugs. She must've been mocking me from the inside, eager for the money whilst acting all innocent. She must've thought acting as if she didn't want my money would make me trust her more. I can't lie though, it worked.     Eunji remained on the ground, tears flowing down her cheeks in an endless supply. She cradled her knees and wept, attracting the attention of many other students. She hea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter