Chances

Roommates

Joongki's POV

Finally I have confessed to her. Is it right? I mean last night Myungsoo told me he likes her or maybe love her. There's this sincerity in his eyes, that it made me believe that he really does have feelings for her.

But he encouraged me, so I guess it's okay. I still can't believe that I confessed to her. But there is something in the wag she looked at me when she turned around to look, there is this disappointment in her eyes. I kept on thinking that maybe she was expecting Myungsoo? I mean we're the only two who called her name.

Never mind, I like her and it's my decision to say that. It's better late than never, right?

As I turned around I saw Myungsoo and Jihyo hugging. Suddenly I felt my heart ache, why are they hugging? I moved closer and hid my self behind the bushes. "I'm here to congratulate you, stupid. Why would you runaway?" I heard Myungsoo. The next thing he do shocked me the most. Why would he kiss her! I mean maybe not in the lips, but why?

 

 

I can feel my heart break once more. You told her that you were happy that I confessed, you said that your congratulating her. But why would you kiss her forehead? I mean if you think of her as your sister. I looked at Jihyo once more and she still looked shocked, she haven't said a word ever since.


She just started running once again, and I never saw her again that day.

 




Months have passed yet there is no response from her. Every time I would pass by her, I always hesitate to greet her first. I can feel the awkwardness between us. The only words she has said to me for the past year is 'Hi Joongki!' Nothing more and nothing less. Our relationship suddenly changed on the day that I confessed.

I regretted it I shouldn't have confessed, now she doesn't even talk to me like how she used to. She would invite me to hang out sometimes and we would always have our food trips. We would talk all day and just be with each other. Now we're just like strangers again.

I looked at her as she passed by me. I held her wrist and pulled her into a more private place for us to talk. "Jihyo..." I said softly. "Why?" She looked shocked. "Do we need to talk?" With that question it hurts my heart. "Yes, we need to talk!" I said frustrated. "I confessed to you." I calmed myself down and looked her in the eyes.

"Jihyo~ahhh, It's been months since I have confessed. I'm still waiting for your answer." She looked at me sadly. "Jongki..." She sighed. "I'm still confused, I don't know what to say." I looked at her. "I want to understand you more, but..." I hesitated. "I think there is someone in your heart right now. And obviously it's not me."

 

 

I know it will hurt me to say those words, but I need to. To understand her and know what she is thinking. "Joongki~ahhh, mianhae." I hugged her tight. "It's okay, now I know what your answer is and I don't want to force you." I broke the hug. "I'm going to let you go now. And I hope your going to be happy with him." I kissed her in the forehead and left the room.


It still hurts me to let her go, but it will take time for me to fully let her go. I hope your happy with him, I hope your happy with Myungsoo.

Jihyo's POV

I looked at him as he closed the door  of the empty classroom we're in. What just happened? I sat down at the chair beside me. "Jihyo, what have you done." I placed my face onto my palms and closed my eyes. I'm glad that he confronted me about this. I can't seem to bring myself up to him and say 'I'm sorry.' I don't want to break his heart.

Especially that this is our last year here in high school, we will move on with our lives and go into our own chosen universities. There are only 2 months left before we graduate. Time do pass by quickly, and now I feel sad that I won't see Myungsoo anymore.

Now he and I are staying at are dorm and yet we feel awkward with each other so he decided to sleep in Joongki's dorm and Hyori will sleep with me. In this short time I can't even say that I liked him. I don't want to be his slave before we graduate.

But it's better to say it than regret it forever don't we?

Myungsoo's POV

There are only 2 months left before we graduate, yet I'm still arguing with myself wether I will confess pr not. The scene kept on playing on my mind ever since. I still wonder what her answer will be. Now I'm in Joongki's room lying on the floor looking at the ceiling.

I heard the door open. "You're here?" I got up and went to the kitchen. "Yeah." I opened the fridge. "You know what, I talked to Jihyo today." I froze. "W-what did you talk about?" I went back to my senses and got ice cream and closed the fridge. "You know about my confession." I continued on eating and he sat in front of me. "And?" I looked at him excitedly, so I can hide my feelings.

"She said no." He said sadly. "Ohhh..." I said with a frown, but deep inside I feel happy. So I have a chance? "It's okay, It'll just take me sometime to forget her." But I feel kinda guilty about encouraging him. Because of me his heart is broken.  But why would Jihyo, reject him?

I guess she likes someone else or she doesn't want to be in a relationship right now. So that means I still don't have a chance?

"Myungsoo..." He said. "Hmmm..." I looked at him as I eat my ice cream. "You now have a chance with her." With those words I almost choke. "What?"


I'm sorry it's so short but I hope you still like it ~(^_^~) I've been busy lately due to school works.

FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST OR COMMENT ANYTHING. THANK YOU <3