Daily Life (In A Nutshell)

Dancing In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What?" She stated incredulously. She stared at Choi Seunghyun carefully, as if to ascertain that he wasn't about to foam at the mouth and bit her in the neck. Surely the man must not be thinking clearly if he suggested such a thing. "What did you say?"

He scratched his neck, not looking at his archnemesis of a manager. He knew he was making a pact with the devil as he spoke. "I said I'm going to have to stay with you for a few days."

She didn't say anything, and instead just gazed at him with narrowed eyes and mouth agape. After a few moments, it was starting to creep Seunghyun out. 

"You mean..." She started slowly. "You'll stay...here...with me?" She accompanied the question with hand motions, as if she was speaking to a slow child.

Seeing how disoriented she looked at the suggestion, he smirked and assumed his confidence. 

"Yeah." He put his hands in his pockets and smiled at her; a smile that could have dazzle anybody else but her.

She suddenly started smiling too, and soon bursted into laughter as if the man just told her the funniest joke ever.

"Good one, Choi." She dramatically wiped her eyes. "Now get your booty out of my house."

She kicked his luggage in the direction of the door with a stern look, and Seunghyun raked his brain for something that would change her mind. Normally people would beg him on their knees, and yet this female wasn't even blinking when she commanded him to get his a$$ out of her house 

There was no way he was going out there. At least not for the moment.

"Come on, Park." He said amably, punching her arm lightly as if they were best friends. "You're my manager. I can count on you to help me at times like this right?" He pleaded, even using his puppy eyes. If she didn't fall for that, she certainly did not have a drop of estrogen in her body.

"Nope." She said flatly. "Get out." 

Why did he even think of her as a woman for the slightest moment? She was a brick. A dull, hard brick.

"Please?" He put his hands together in a praying gesture. She shook her head firmly and walked away to her living room. "I'll pay for the food."

At that, she whipped around so fast he thought she was going to have whiplash. Her face turned contemplative as she stood there and pondered the bargain. Seriously? He thought. She would give up her personal comfort and privacy for food? What a pig.

Was food worth the trouble she was sure this egotistical man would bring to her life? She asked herself. She pictured the various possibilities and scenarios where he would completely wreck her perfect house and disorganize everything. But then food took over and she started floating among the various delicacies she could eat out of this man's ginormous pockets. 

Give one get one, right? 

She turned to look at him, with his ruffled hair and jeans and white T-shirt. As much as she tried to deny it, she pitied him. Being an idol wasn't easy, especially so with overreacting fans that stalked your every move. Besides, she had been torturing him this past week, and work would get easier if he was under one roof where she could supervise.

Furthermore, she could hold this and wag it in front of his face everytime he decided to ridicule her. That was the best upper-hand. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

"Fine." She finally answered after what seemed like forever. "You can sleep on the couch. And don't mess up my house."

He cheered silently, pumping his fists as she turned her back. But suddenly she whipped around again

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter