First Day

Dancing In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

aShe stood in front of Choi Seunghyun's mansion, with her sunglasses and scarf and hat covering her face like some sort of spy. She could see the paparazzi milling out front with the bodyguards holding them back from spilling into the front yard.

She swallowed, suddenly feeling very dry at the thought of having to face the bane of her life. She silently snuck into the crowd of tabloids and wiggled her way through scrambling legs and sweaty bodies.

What a great idea this was. Thanks a lot Sunmi. Remind me to give you a raise if I ever make it alive.

She almost fell when someone suddenly pushed forward from behind, but regained her balance and successfully went past the guards into the front yard. She haven't gone a few feet before hearing the garage doors lifting up.

Approaching the front of the garage, she peered inside to see an expensive sports car-presumably his-and various other transportations including a bike and a scooter.

How old is he? 10?

The door inside the garage opened, and she flattened herself against the wall. She heard footsteps and keys jiggling and engine roaring, and thought that if she wanted to confront him she had to do it now. Or else she would never attempt this ever again.

One, two, three.

She jumped in front of the car as it made it way to the front gate. In a split second she could see Choi Seunghyun's shocked expression as he slammed brake and hit his forehead on the steering wheel.

Bonus points for that one. 

She opened the car door without being invited and got in, putting on her seatbelt and settling in comfortably before turning to deal with Choi Seunghyun looking at her like she was a lunatic.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!! I could have run you over!" He said, mortified.

"Well you didn't. So let's go. We have a lot to do today." She dug in her purse and took out her folder.

"What's going on? Why are you here?" He inquired. "What are you doing?"

"Going over your schedule." She said, as if that explained everything. "You have an interview at nine, 2 consecutive photoshoots at 1, and a recording at 5." 

She then put the folder back and turned to him with a fake cheery smile.

"Let's go." She pointed to the steering wheel. 

"Not until you explain why you are here." He said adamantly, not at all pleased nor amused.

She sighed, and in one long breath told him about CEO-licious Management Project. He was quiet when she finished.

"That's dumb."

"I don't like this anymore than you do. So let's finish the day so you can fill out the client survey for me and put the check mark at 'horrible' where it says 'attitude'. Now drive."

He looked like he wanted to say something, his brow twitching and his hand raising up like he was about to clock her in the head. But he just started the engine and sped out of his front yard past the paparazzi taking pictures. He obviously had other things in mind than fulfilling the work of a celebrity with her today. Maybe something along the lines of stepping closer to impregnating all of the women in Korea.

Except her, that was.

She looked around his car, and thanked god that it wasn't as messy as his house. He must be one of those people who were extreme OCDs when it came to their cars. That was good. That meant she didn't need to sprawl all over the dashboard scrubbing with her sanitizer as he drove.

He seemed irritated, judging by his frown. Something told her today was going to be very long with this uncooperative man. 

"Take a left." She pointed, but he returned with a glare.

"I'll turn wherever I want."

But he did turn left, and soon they reached a small cafe where the interview was scheduled. 

Minutes later, Choi Seunghyun was already seated at the glass table opposite from the reporter. The reporter sent her strange looks when she didn't take off her glasses, but didn't say anything when Bom introduced herself as his manager. The filming crew was not far from them, recording and giving the signal to start. The makeup people dusted Choi Seunghyun's forehead to try and cover the small bump he got, and Bom thought the man sent her looks as if to say "I have you to thank for this."

The cameraman gave the signal to begin.

"Hello, netizens of South Korea. Today Showbiz Latest is here with a very special guest; a man whose popularity is soaring to the sky recently. Please welcome Mr. Choi Seunghyun." The reporter opened, turning to Seunghyun. "Hello, Mr, Choi. Thank you for taking your time out of your busy schedule to do this interview."

Yeah right. He was going to spend the whole day unproductively if she wasn't here.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter