He Wants To Sleep With You

Dancing In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sajangnim? Park Sajangnim?" 

I like you.

"Sajangnim?"

Sunmi's voice broke through her trance, and she blinked to find that she wasn't standing under the rain but sitting in the conference room with other directors. She cleared in embarrassment as they all stared at her.

"Sorry. Please go on."

Throughout the meeting, she tried her best to focus and failed. No matter how she tried to steer her mind towards work, she couldn't stop thinking about it. It was there, like an annoying fly. It was there mocking her and daring her to erase it permanently from her mind. It was laughing, an irritating laugh that made her want to wring its neck with her bare hands.

'It' was Choi Seunghyun.

The nerve. She crossed her arms defiantly. That good-for-nothing idiot actually had the nerve to kiss her! Of all the women parading around Seoul begging for his attention, he picked her to mess with. Of all the women he could jam his revolting tongue down their throats, he picked her.

"Are you sure?!" She asked into her phone, her fingers wiping her lips back and forth repeatedly. She was on the verge of breakdown. She felt like she was going to burst into a million pieces.

"Yes, Miss Park, I'm sure." Her personal psychiatrist assured her. "Kissing is a normal act, and while it does transfer germs, no one dies from it. It's so common that it's a part of everyday life."

Okay, so maybe she was overreacting. She stopped wiping at her lips, and carefully put a hand to her chest.

"What about my heart?" She said fretfully. "It was beating very fast. I think something's wrong."

The psychiatrist chuckled, and Bom wondered how he could find amusement in a situation as life-threatening as this. For all she knew that was a sign that she had heart disease.

"Miss Park your heart was beating fast due to ual excitement." Bom frowned. "Your heart was beating fast because you're excited from the kiss. It's completely normal."

What? Was she speaking to her psychiatrist right now, or was she conversing with a teenage girl who didn't know squat? 

"If you don't have any more questions, Miss Park, I'll see you later." Then her psychiatrist hung up, and she stared at the phone dumbfoundedly. 

She really needed to find a new psychiatrist, because her current one didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about. Excited? Her? From kissing that piece of work? If she wasn't in a meeting right now she would have laugh. 

"That's everything for today." Sunmi announced at the end of her presentation and report. 

"Meeting adjourned." She smiled and bowed to the directors before walking back to her office. Sunmi walked quickly to catch up with her. 

"Are you okay?" Bom turned to the female. "I mean, you seemed distracted back there."

"I'm totally fine." After I murder someone, she thought. 

"How are things with Seunghyun?" Sunmi shyly added. Bom rolled her eyes, and tried not to snap back at the female. 

"Fine, fine." She replied, deliberately walking fast to leave Sunmi behind. When she reached her office Dara stood up from her desk with a look on her face.

"What is it?" Bom inquired the snug petite woman.

"A bouquet arrived for you." Dara said, pulling out the flowers from underneath her table. It was a pretty cluster of lilies and orchids, and Bom took a whiff of the light fragrance when Dara handed it to her. 

"Who is it from?" 

"Dunno. There's a card though." Dara was smiling slyly now. "I didn't want to read it in case it's too private." The woman wiggled her eyebrows up and down suggestively, 

"Shut up." She opened the doors to her office and took a seat with the bouquet in hand. She stared at it for a few moments before taking the card tucked between the colored papers and read it.

"I was being serious.-C. S." Was what it said. She cocked her head in confusion for a second before realizing who it was from. She frowned before lifting the bouquet up and was about to tell Dara to throw it away. 

But then, chucking it in the trash seemed like a waste. It looked expensive, and it was pretty. So she just pretended like it came from someone else and put the card in the drawer. She sat straight in her seat and started her computer to work. 

But, again, it wouldn't leave her alone. She had a spreadsheet in front of her but she found herself constantly drifting to some other dimension where Choi Seunghyun was. She thought about the sentence in the card, and pondered over it like a scientist pondering about a theory.

Serious? About what? About liking her? At the possibility, she scoffed at how dumb it was. Him, the surrogate father of half of Seoul and her, the extremely conservative businesswoman? Whatever. He could say all he wanted, but him being serious about a female like her was too ludicrous.

Although that was what she told herself, there was still this tiny glimpse of happiness. That tiny ray of expectation that fervently hoped what he was saying was true, and that she wasn't just another conquest. It was tiny though, because she knew she would be doomed if it took over her heart. 

She glanced at the bouquet, observing it as if it fell straight from Mars. After a while she was starting to see things, so she blinked and focused on her computer screen again. The spreadsheet remained blank, staring back at her as if to say shame on you. 

She ran a hand through her combed locks in frustration as she laid her head down on the table. Then she remembered that the table had germs and sat up. She turned to the computer again and closed the spreadsheet to open up google.

"What does it mean..." She started typing in the search box. "when a guy gives you flowers...."

Numerous results came up, which sort of surprised her. She clicked on the first link, which had a list of possibilities about a man's intentions when he gave a woman flowers. 

"He likes you." She read the first reason. Not helpful, she thought as she lowered down to the next one.

"He loves you." Nope.

"He wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter