Peculiar Antics

Dancing In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"At 10 you got a commercial shoot. At 1 there's an appearance on a show. At 5 there's the fan signing event. At 7..."

"I have the recording for my new single." He finished her statement, to which she frowned. She flipped his schedule closed, and settled into the passenger seat next to him. "Breakfast?"

The question caught her by surprise. She only had coffee when she woke up. She was about to refuse, but her stomach protested.

"Sure." They had time anyway. As the car started moving, both of them were silent. He stared straight at the road while she distractedly gazed out the windows. 

"Maybe...in another life."

Her statement replayed in his mind, and he smirked as he thought about it. She obviously had no recollection of babbling away while she was drunk, and he thought about reminding her. He refrained himself, just to have something as leverage against her.

He discreetly glanced at her. Her hair was covering her shoulders, and her hands folded on her lap as she looked at the streets passing by in the windows. From here he could smell her scent, and fought himself from stopping the car just to lean over and sniff it. For a few moments he returned to looking straight at the road, until she suddenly turned her head from the window.

"Didn't you miss that recording last week when you were sick?" She questioned.

"Yeah." He answered, turning to look at her. She suddenly started biting her lower lip as her brows furrowed. He found the gesture incredibly distracting, and quickly turned back to the road with a cough. "I did let them know I wasn't well."

She stopped biting her lip and nodded. To his relief she turned to the window again.

Why was he jumpy around her today? Did it have to do with the fact that he found himself thinking about her? Did it have to do with the fact that he thought about...?

He unlocked her house with her keys, and carried the wasted woman inside. He dragged her upstairs and put her on the bed with a thud. She rolled over lazily and hugged the nearest pillow. He sat down tiredly on the floor and stared at the sleeping female, who was obviously all the way to la la land. 

He observed as she soundly slept, her breathing steady as her chest rose and fell. From this angle she looked like a baby, and from this perspective she looked like the type who would swoon at his feet when he smiled. 

He scooted closer to the edge of the bed where her face was. Her hair was scattered, and his eyes wandered down to her plump lips.

He found himself swallowing as he stared at them, which were colored with the lightest shade of lipstick. He slowly leaned in close, to the point where her breathing fanned his face. Her lips parted suddenly, as if inviting him to do what he was about to do. His heart was hammering in his cage, and he wondered why he was acting so strange. He was nervous. He was on edge like he was about to bungee jump for the first time. 

He pulled back, shaking his head. The alcohol must have got to him. He quickly stood up and exited her house, his heart still a mile a second.

"What do you want?" Her voice broke Seunghyun from his trance. He blinked to find the waiter and her staring at him expectantly.

"I...uh...I'll have the breakfast combo." He cleared his throat. The waiter disappeared, and Seunghyun turned to Bom. She was wiping the table with napkin, bending over the booth as she cleaned the surface. Her face was inches before his, and when she looked up he had to pressed himself against the chair. 

"Give me your fork and spoon." She said, and he gulped as he handed them to her. She settled back down in her chair much to his relief and started wiping the utensils with napkin too. He put a hand on his heart to stop it from bursting out his chest.

"Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." At that moment, the waiter appeared and put their orders on the table. He was never so grateful to use food as a distraction. It was probably the hangover, he thought. It must have clouded his sense of wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter