Epilogue

Dancing In The Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And so, with no warnings or precautions whatsoever, she found herself landed in Jeju with Choi Seunghyun.

"Yah!" She yelled at him as he nonchalantly walked ahead of her in the hotel corridor leading to their room. He looked like he prepared everything beforehand as he took out the reservation keys and opened the doors to the grand room. "What do you think you're doing?!" 

He didn't bother to answer her as he stepped inside the room. She scowled before entering after him, determined to make him give a decent explanation as to why he suddenly kidnapped her yesterday and drove her all the way to Jeju. She didn't even get any sleep on the way here, and he wasn't even fazed in the least at her constant yelling and questioning. What exactly did he have in mind? Did he kidnap her here so he could just kill her with no one noticing?

"What..." She started, but stopped halfway when she saw the interior of the hotel room. The shiny marble floor, the modern-looking furnitures, the luxurious ornaments, the antique design,...There was even a jacuzzi in the next room! Last, but not least, there was a ginormous window that allowed the inhabitants inside to see the whole view of the resort and the beach not far away. dropped, and she felt like her breath got as she approached the window and gazed outside at the breathtaking view. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" He stood next to her, chuckling at how surprised she was. "I prepared everything for you."

She turned to him, flustered at the serious way he was looking at her. He sounded sincere, and somehow all her reservations and questions were slowly fading away. What good was it to pester him when she was already here? What good was it in wasting a trip to this dreamlike place by stubbornly holding onto her reasonings and rationales? Maybe, for once, she should go with the flow. 

She swallowed and turned back to the view laid out before her. She wanted to go walking in the streets lined with local vendors down below. She wanted to see those lush green hills in the distance. She wanted to feel the crisp blue waters of the beach, even though she had always been against going the beach because she thought the water was dirty. She wanted to...relax.

"Look, Bom," He put his hands around her shoulders from behind, his breath tickling her ears as they gazed out the window together. "It's fine if you can't accept my feelings; I didn't prepare all this to impress you. I did it so you can....experience. So you can see and appreciate the various wonders in life." 

His whisper filled her ears and resounded within her heart. For so long she held so tight to her principles and reservations as if her life depended on it, and ever since she met him nothing was the same. She wasn't the woman she used to be. She laughed. She smiled. She didn't obsess over every details. She didn't put up a fight against the natural order of things anymore. She yearned to let go. She yearned to be free. What he said appealed to her, and she decided then and there that she was going to have fun (such a foreign word).

With that mentality in mind, she was still uncertain when Seunghyun motioned for her to get on the couple bicycle. He decided to take her out biking on the beautiful resort trail, where she could see the sceneried laid out on both sides of the road. She haven't rode a bicycle ever since she was a child, and even the bicycle itself looked too foreign to her. She was afraid she would embarrass herself, and make both of them fall along the way with her clumsy biking. 

"Get on." He motioned with a smile, his hair falling over his eyes and glinting in the sunlight. "Don't worry. We won't fall."

With his assurance, she hesitantly got on the couple bicycle behind him. With a smile, he started biking, which naturally caused the pedals in the back to start rolling. She put her feet on the rolling pedals as the bike slowly rolled into motion, feeling that carefree feeling visiting her once again after all these years. As the bike continued to move, and as the pedals under her feet spun in sync with the pedals in the front, she slowly broke into a smile. It wasn't bad at all, and she widened her eyes in delight at how the wind tickled her hair. Before, she disliked it when the wind played with her hair. But now, she didn't really care anymore and reveled in the refreshing sensation as she and Seunghyun biked together. The bicycle took them up and up the resort trail, passing by lush green trees and colorful flower bushes along the way. As they got higher she felt as if the ground below them was rising, and she thought they were flying.

"How is it?" He asked her, smiling as he turned and saw her smiling face in the back. 

"Not bad." She answered, her feet kept on pedaling. The sunlight above shone through the tangled branches of the trees, and a sense of freedom flowed through her whole being. 

At one point the bicycle ran over a small bump on the road, causing her to jolt forward and wrap her arms around his waist. She blushed as she retrieved her arms from his torso, and Seunghyun smirked at the bashful female. 

They biked together up the hill, and he suddenly stopped once they were near the top of the hill.

"Why did you stop?" She asked as he got off the bicycle. She felt a little disappointed. She was really enjoying the feeling of riding the bicycle. He smiled at her, and extended a hand for her to get off the bike. 

"You'll see." He said, and he suddenly put his hands over her eyes. 

"Yah!" She whined at the sudden darkness that filled her vision. She heard chuckling as he directed her towards the top of the hills with his hands covering her eyes. "Where are we going?" Was he going to push her off a cliff?

"Almost there." She got goosebumps on her skin, partly from the breeze and partly from his whisper. When he finally stopped she hurriedly pried his hands off her eyes, and she gasped at what greeted her.

Standing on the top of the hill, she could see everything spread across the land in front of her. She could see the resort, the trail, the forest, the beach, the pool,...Even the houses lining up next to each other from afar looked marvelous to her, and she marveled at the view as the wind ruffled her hair. She had never seen anything more beautiful. Not even a row of neatly arranged shoes could satisfy her as much as something that was so...disorganized. There was no symmetry, no order at all in the way everything laid out in front of her eyes. But, in the morning sunlight, nothing had ever looked more breathtaking.

"It's...amazing." She opened in wonder. He smiled, putting his hands in his pockets as he appreciated the view next to her. Sneaking an opportunity, he put his arm around her shoulders. She didn't resist. She was too amazed.

-------------------------------------------

It was the little things. That was what she learned as she strolled through the small street lined with vendors with Seunghyun in tow. She had an ice cream on her hand, and it never tasted better as she it and observed the noisy surroundings around her.

She had always hated crowded and noisy places, but there was something endearing in the way the people in the local bazaar and vendors shouted to each other and at the potenti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter