I need you

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A note: I know my formatting has been absolutely s and inconsistent. One because I've been posting some chapters on my phone at work (I know #sorryboss). And also, I know stories without a cover picture is boring but I can never figure out how to do it!

__

One flip of a page and a scan of the contents. A list of errors that turned up in the draft sat next to the mock ups, each entry slowly ticked off as the editor scanned through the book. The December issue was in the final stage of production and Eunyoung couldn’t be happier to send it off to the printers after this final check. She had already sketched great plans for the coming year that would include a revamp of the layouts. In fact, she had already scouted out a photographer for the covers for a different look to the magazine. Chanhee was definitely been excited about working with Entertainment Plus - Eunyoung had reconnected with her old friend just a week ago. A smile played on the lips when she recalled their chance reunion.

Another magazine in the company was shooting in the next studio and the crew was making such a ruckus that Eunyoung had gone over to request them to tone down. And what would you know, the man behind the lens was a familiar face. Chanhee was doing so well that he had started his own photography studio and was one of the most sought after profile photographers in Seoul.

His fees - even though he quoted editorial rates that were lower than commercial rates – were still a little out of budget. The editor reckoned she could squeeze some extra by saving on another section of the magazine. Chanhee’s eye would give new life to the covers, she hoped.

Speaking of budget, she would probably have to dig into her own pocket for the team’s year-end party. Publications worked way in advance – though it was only mid October, Eunyoung decided to organise a get-together for the editorial and art staff of Entertainment Plus as the year-end issues were normally horrors to produce. When the closing of the December issue, this was the right time for everyone to let their hair down before another year of work began again. Eunyoung remembered all those times the booze ran out at office gigs and no one from management stepped up to buy more drinks – what a bunch of cheapskates. She swore to never be tight fisted with colleagues who have gone through thick and thin with her.

Thoroughly engrossed in checking the mock ups, the editor lost track of time. Only when Hani and Yongguk rapped on her door, did it occur to her that it was already seven PM.

“You guys go first, I’ll come really quick.”

Half an hour later, Eunyoung ran out of the building, debating with herself the best route to the bar that Hani had booked for the party. Traffic was going to be insane on a Friday night. Pulling her jacket tight around her – the weather was turning chilly – some movement nearby caught her attention.

Choi Seunghyun stood a few metres away, smoking.

Taking a sharp inhale, Eunyoung her heel to walk in the opposite direction. It had not been her intention for Seungri to confront Top about their past but the former did. When Seungri wanted to relate to her about their conversation, Eunyoung stopped him – whatever was said, wouldn’t matter to her. Although she was relieved when Seunghyun seemed to have gotten the idea and disappeared. Obviously now she wasn’t in the clear.

“Eunyoung. Eunyoung!” Steps behind her got louder and she regretted her shoe choice of heeled boots that morning. “Amber, stop!”

“Can this wait? I am late.” Speaking over the shoulder, the woman refused to slow down.

“Come on, let me walk with you.” Damn those longer legs that had finally kept up with her.

Without a word, she stormed ahead, deciding to take the subway, not wishing to stop to flag a cab with Seunghyun following so tightly. In silence, he kept pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter