But I love you, girl

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disappearing was unfortunately out of the question.

 

Yet after that fateful day, Eunyoung couldn’t face Seunghyun. The next best option was to keep him at bay by citing exhaustion. Once she had uncovered her boyfriend’s other hidden side, there was no way she could feign ignorance. One friend she knew in university had such an open relationship. Or rather Hyoni pretended her boyfriend wasn’t cheating on her with every other girl in town. When it came to the end of the day, he loved Hyoni the most and would always return to her. Or that’s what Hyoni believed.

 

Her relationship with Seunghyun was very precious to the girl but Eunyoung couldn’t convince herself that she could be like Hyoni.

 

The next few days, Eunyoung depended on sheer will power to drag herself through work. Whether it was draft articles or assisting at shoots, she managed to function on auto-pilot. Since she had pulled that miracle by getting Leo for that almost doomed shoot, Minah had gone easy on the intern. Even after Eunyoung had refused to tell the senior writer how she gained contact to the famous makeup artist.

 

A gust of wind passed Eunyoung. Surprised, the intern looked up from the computer to see the managing editor storm off. Gyuri’s secretary quickly followed and was ambushed by Minah as the Pop Flick area erupted into activity.

 

“Gyuri found out that Seunghyun was seeing one of the stylists. Now if you could excuse me, I need to make sure she doesn’t trash her office,” explaining the situation as succinctly as she could, Young Mi quickly ran after the big boss.

“Oh my god, is this really happening?” Minah and the other writers gossiped as they watched for more drama. “This Seunghyun really needs to keep his affairs outside the office.”

Feeling more and more uneasy, Eunyoung wondered whether the whole company knew of the advertising manager’s dalliances.

“Here he comes!”

Coming to an abrupt halt before the intern’s desk, Seunghyun spoke straight to her, “Eunyoungie, I need to talk to you.”

There was no mistaking the collective gasp from her colleagues.

“No, I have work to do.”

The man was serious and gripped the top of the partition wall, slightly shaking the flimsy board, “Please, just for 15 minutes.”

Averting her gaze from Minah and the others, Eunyoung reluctantly stood up, wishing the ground would open up and swallow her whole.

Through the building and out to the main road, the advertising manager led her.

“Where are you bringing me?”

“Somewhere where we can talk in peace.” Seunghyun turned to coax the girl to go further but she wasn’t going to move anymore. Spotting a tiny garden nearby, the man took her hand and walked towards it.

“Seunghyun, I need to go back to work.” Eunyoung shook him off forcefully.

“You heard about Gyuri?” Anxiety showed in the man’s eyes and actions when he cut to the chase.

As inopportune the moment was, Eunyoung recognised that there was no better time than the present, “I know everything.”

Taking the girl by her shoulders, Seunghyun’s grip was tight, “When did you found out? How did you know?”

“Does it matter?” Sadness overcame her and a quiver crept into her voi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter