Caught in the act

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t want to see you talking to Chanhee again.”

 

The man didn’t waste any time in laying down the law.

 

His girlfriend paused midway unwrapping her burger to give Seunghyun a quizzical look. Craving for something deep fried, the intern had convinced him to have dinner at a nearby fast food restaurant. Previously, he had psyched himself to not think about Eunyoung’s popularity with the opposite - out of sight, out of mind worked well in this case.

 

But Seunghyun couldn’t pretend to be oblivious to the junior photographer getting close to the intern. The day’s earlier shoot still gnawed at the advertising manager.

 

Not sensing the severity of the situation, Eunyoung shrugged, “Why? Chanhee’s really fun.”

 

“I don’t like how close both of you are.”

 

Her boyfriend’s intention finally sinking in, Eunyoung furrowed her brows, “He is my friend and nothing else.”

 

“How are you sure that he thinks the same way?”

 

Firmly putting down the burger, Eunyoung’s eyes now flashed with anger, “Are you telling me who I can be friends with?”

 

Realising he had to adopt another approach, the man now nervously fiddled his fingers.

 

“No. Of course not. It’s just that Eunyoungie, you are still so young and the world is full of people who may not be who they seem.”

 

Eunyoung’s challenge came swiftly, “You think I am a child? Who can’t tell good from bad?”

 

“I know you never liked all my guy friends.”

 

She did? But she never gave any indication of awareness that Seunghyun hated the guts of her male pals.

 

“They are my friends and as much as I like them, I care about you more. So I tried my best to spend as little time with them.”

 

Then why was she acting out about Chanhee? She was barely acquainted with the junior photographer.

 

“I don’t know many people in Seoul. Do you want me to lose the only friend I have in the city besides Elin?”

 

From the beginning, Eunyoung had always been easy going and never questioned whatever Seunghyun said or did when he was around her. He did see her still as the adoring child who looked up to her oppa and could never remember how she was blossoming into a woman with a mind of her own.

 

And beautiful.

 

Despite the boyish style, nothing could hide her feminine features and Eunyoung had grown into a striking individual. That was one reason why he was so worried someone would steal her away from him.

 

Taken aback by Eunyoung’s fierce response, the man was weak in his retaliation, “No. That’s not what I want. I just can’t stand the idea of some other guy being near you.”

 

That wasn’t the way he planned for the conversation to go, actually he had no idea what to expect now because Eunyoung stood up amidst the busy fast food restaurant and said before leaving, “Then you have to start getting used to me having friends who are boys.”

 

His girlfriend had never walked out on him - until now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter