A part of him died

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kwon Jiyong was the creative force of GD&Top and his artistic influence on the company was countered by Seunghyun, the numbers man. Without a doubt, GDragon’s comeback had been extremely successful but what the CEO wanted to know was how many albums were sold; how many covers, radio and television shows did the singer appear on and more. The next week saw Seungri presenting the figures – he was more than a mere manager – to the bosses of GD&Top.

 

Since he had their full attention, Seungri launched into what he had prepared for the singer’s upcoming tour. Although midway, he could tell he was losing his audience from Jiyong’s glazed over eyes and interestingly enough, the oldest’s eyebags – Seunghyun was normally on top of business.

 

“Let’s discuss the rest at a later date.” Seungri exchanged high fives with Jiyong.

 

“Good job, Jiyong,” affirmed Seunghyun.

 

Seungri, who also wanted some praise, pointed to himself, “Hyung, how about me?”

 

“Yes, maknae, you did very well.” The CEO left his chair to ruffle the youngest’s hair – it would be unreasonable to bear a grudge against Seungri for something the latter had no knowledge of. Having gone through fire and water together, they had forged a bond that shouldn’t be broken easily over a female – by right.

 

What the world didn’t know about Kwon Jiyong was that he was the reincarnation of the village gossip. Lounging on the sofa with his legs up, the singer drawled, “Enough about work, guys. So tell us about Amber, Lee Seunghyun. I still can’t believe you are serious about her.”

 

“What do you mean, I am very serious! I’ve been revising hard on boyfriend duties. I’ve sent her flowers only to find out that she didn’t care for them …” Seungri was defensive as he counted off his fingers the things he had done.

 

There it was again, that ache in his heart whenever Eunyoung or her new name was mentioned – Seunghyun really had to adapt to this new situation. He didn’t want to hear anything Seungri said but he was also curious about whether Eunyoung would tell the maknae about their relationship.

 

Jiyong guffawed, strangling Seungri with an arm, “Seunghyunnie, I told you I need a new manager who can focus 100 percent on me! And not on some floozy.”

 

Breaking the headlock with ease, the manager whined, “Amber’s not a floozy and you know that. I thought you liked her.”

 

All pretense of professionalism forgotten, the two friends got into a scuffle with girly flinging of arms. The silent CEO could feel his stomach churn.

 

“I do! I just never seen you this serious about a woman. It’s freaky, to be honest!” Jiyong surrendered when overpowered by the other.

 

Was it too early to break out some gin, thought Seunghyun, looking in the direction of the drink cabinet in his office. Trying to appear as nonchalant as he could, the CEO asked, “Yes, how did you get to know Eun – I mean Amber?”

 

The maknae’s cheeky grin was never far away. “I stalked her,” came the quip.

 

All thoughts of alcohol tossed aside, the thought of Eunyoung being followed by this crazy man cited the CEO to shoot up to his feet at this claim, “You what?”

 

Pushing his sunglasses onto his head, Jiyong shot Seunghyun a look, “You’re touchy today, TOP.”

 

Seungri didn’t seem to have heard Jiyong and continued rambling, like a lovelorn fool if the other two didn’t know him better, “The first person I saw after Seulgi, that crazy woman, slapped me in public, was Amber. I took her iced coffee. Then bought her wine the next time. What’s amazing about her is she doesn’t have any reservations …”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter