Time out

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Unlike the night before, the man chased after her.

 

“Eunyoung, I can explain,” Seunghyun was now wearing a wifebeater, along with his boxers. Quite a sight for an early Saturday morning.

 

The girl kept her distance when he came close. She may have temporarily lost all power of speech but her defensive stance meant she was prepared to run away if he fed her any bull.

 

“I got so drunk because I was so unhappy that you were mad at me. I thought she was you.”

 

Her boyfriend mistook a high-heel-wearing woman for her? Could a person really be that drunk?

 

It was obvious she wasn’t buying his story. Her roommate had tumbled home after a night of debauchery so often that the university student could pick out someone familiar’s post-coital aura easily.

 

Panic led to Seunghyun talking faster and louder, “I was wrong. There’s no excuse for this. It was just a one night stand. And a huge mistake. I swear that it's not going to happen again.”

 

Was there any truth in his words? Eunyoung had never seen her boyfriend lose control due to alcohol, or in fact, lose control over anything.

 

“You have to trust me. I love you so much that when you walked out, I couldn’t deal. You had never done that before.”

 

He was upset over her because of Chanhee and he vent his frustration by having with some other girl? Was having a one night stand Seunghyun’s idea of acting out of character?

 

Compared to the man, Eunyoung was outwardly and eerily calm.

 

After all these years, she would have thought she knew this person inside out. Since the beginning, he had always been the one who loved her more – at least from his actions – and she had believed he would never do anything bad to her.

 

So who was this Choi Seunghyun before her?  

 

“Please give me a second chance. I promise this is not going to happen again.” Short of getting down on his knees, the man was literally begging.

 

She was hurting so bad inside yet it struck her how much she loved this person. Seunghyun always had a way to show her how much he cared, on the converse, the girl had been less demonstrative in her affections. So why these intense feeling surface in such an unlikely situation when her faith in him was being shaken?

 

Despite the little traffic in the early morning, Eunyoung still didn’t want to make a scene. She wasn’t the type to cry and scream. So confused she was that her head began to hurt really bad especially when Seunghyun watched her anxiously.

 

Putting her hand on her forehead, she held out her other hand to stop the man from coming near, “I can’t think now. I really need to think about this. Don’t follow me.”

 

***

It was ridiculous how every time she tried to focus on the situation, her heart managed to lead her mind to centre on how much she loved the man.

 

Eunyoung was rational by nature and it never crossed her mind that deciding what to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter