Never let her go

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are worth it.”

 

Insisted Seungri again, after he was finally coaxed to go back to the car and drive to somewhere legal to park.

 

Staring out of the window into the dark, Eunyoung was at her wits’ end – breaking up could be so exhausting. She had underestimated the man’s seriousness about her. Albeit reluctantly, Eunyoung revealed the true mainreason why she wanted to call it quits. 

 

“You dated hyung?”

 

If only she had drank more at the bar earlier, doing this sober . Her companion’s eyes had grown twice its size, incredulous. Eunyoung avoided his line of vision, as if ashamed. Would Seungri think she was one of those deluded flings that thought they were Choi Seunghyun’s love of his life after one night? Those times Seunghyun had declared his love for her were now hazy – they could have passed off as hallucinations.

 

The woman refused to elaborate about that relationship, being defensive was the first sign to being deluded. Her ego wouldn’t let this man, the crazy one who had ran out of his car earlier, to mistake her for such a woman.

 

“Top been acting so touchy lately. No wonder he volunteered to help me pass the CD to you the other day. The never helps.”

 

Seungri was casual about his new revelation.

 

“But why didn’t you let on that you two knew each other? In fact, why didn’t he tell me too?” 

 

The idea of having slept with the same woman as his friend didn’t gross Seungri out – it was bound to happen sooner or later. What perturbed him was he had never heard about any woman that the older Seunghyun truly cared for – Seungri had always assumed he had come out of the womb swinging.

 

What concerned him was Eunyoung – his first girlfriend in years – had withheld information from the start.

 

She honestly couldn’t give Seungri a good reason why she didn’t go “Oh by the way, me and Seunghyun? We dated a long time ago”. Perhaps she didn’t want to be seen as one of those insane stalkers? Or not talking about would seem like nothing of the sort had ever happened.

 

“Amber, do you still love him?”

 

The question was earnest. Too earnest. Why wasn’tSeungri as flippant as previously – when they first met?

 

Finally looking straight in the man’s eyes, Eunyoung was truthful, “No. I don’t love him now. The person I loved was the Seunghyun when we were kids.”

 

“Then why aren’t you giving us a chance?”

 

“Because I don’t want to see you miserable. It was never my intention to tie you down. As much as I have no feelings for Top, we never had any proper closure. It wasn’t the smartest thing to do but it’s getting impossible to pretend that I don’t know him when he is around.”

 

With a huff from his mouth, the man pouted, the devil in him slowly returning. Closing the gap between them, his seatbelt off, Seungri’s face was millimetres away, “I did said I would let you go whenever you want but I don’t accept this reason. I’m a much better lover than Top hyung.”

 

“Says who?” Before the woman could dish out the full retort, his lips were already on hers, the start of asteamy kiss. 

 

When they finally came up for air, Seungri murmured, “Says me. And I’m going to prove it.”

 

This idiot truly had a way with women – Eunyoung’s lashes fluttered as his lips moved on to her neck, the serious talk all but forgotten. What kind of hold did this man have on her? His hands reached over the gear shaft only to have her smack them away with her last ounce of self-control. “We are not having in the car. And I’m famished.”

 

Obediently, Seungri retracted his hands, the rest of the body in close proximity and murmured, “Amber, let’s stay together. I promise you I will keep hyung away.”

 

How did this man keep making her fall in love with him even more?

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter