Try a little tenderness

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2008

Even after sleeping with countless women, Seunghyun would never be able to forget the first time he made love to Eunyoung.

Ever cautious not to push the girl into anything she was uncomfortable with, the now 23 year old was constantly reminded how fast his girlfriend was growing up in his regular absences.

Despite Seunghyun dropping hints about how great a university Ewha Womans was, the girl had a mind of her own and applied to study journalism in Busan. Eunyoung going to one of Seoul’s universities would seriously cramp his lifestyle but he somehow could rest easy if her classmates were only females. Too many guys were her friends back home, at least they knew not to mess with Choi Seunghyun’s girlfriend. However, the big city would have been another story and the thought of her meeting new men was distressing. After all, guys were all scum.

Of course he was relieved yet at the same time, couldn’t hide his genuine disappointment. Noticing his pout, Eunyoung reached over to tickle him under the chin as though he was a child, “Don’t be upset, oppa! Imagine all the fun we will have exploring Busan.”

This was one young woman who knew exactly what she wanted to do in life. Seunghyun recalled how she had called him one day when he was in his third year at Seoul U – the sound of her crying through the line chilled him to the bones. Though he was supposed to be cramming for the exams the next week, the then-student rushed home on a night train to find that Eunyoung had broken her ankle and dashed all hopes of ever playing professional basketball. That had been the only time he had seen her shed tears. It had taken her some months to come to terms with her injury. Then out of the blue, she set her sights on being a reporter.

Turning his head away in mock anger, Seunghyun hid a smile, liking the attention that his girlfriend was giving him. Outside, raindrops started falling. It was a good thing they decided to stay in that Saturday night.

Seoul was now where Seunghyun lived permanently. Job opportunities had easily come his way, by virtue of his first class honours, and he could cherry pick through the offers. Accepting a job at one of the biggest publishing firms in South Korea meant that he had to plant his roots for the near future in the city, although he continued to commute every other weekend back to the small town. Many of his peers had gone into banks but the finance major decided that he could make as good money in sales and advertising – the commissions were hefty and he relished the challenge of selling what seemed to be a dying industry.

“Aww, don’t be a baby!” Her arms s around him and Eunyoung rocked him from behind. Closing his eyes, he relaxed and basked in her embrace.

Until Seunghyun’s body stiffened when he felt her lips press against the back of his neck.

Gently swiveling around so he faced her now, Seunghyun lifted one eyebrow quizzically – what were those kisses about?

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter