You’re the devil in disguise

Hello Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in the small town, Choi Seunghyun had to be the most eligible bachelor.

 

In fact, he was the perfect son-in-law mothers dreamt of. Hearts were shattered when news broke that the university freshman was dating the rough-and-tumble Eunyoung.

 

Seunghyun had chose to visit home that very weekend as part of his deliberate plan. His new life in Seoul may have proved to be more exciting than his then-19 years of existence put together but Eunyoung’s nonchalance nagged at the back of his mind. Never before had he been so eager in pursuing someone or something. This was an individual who charmed the off females with the same ease as coming in top of the class.

 

Except this time he was on the receiving end of radio silence, like he expressed in one text message - Seunghyun wasn’t used to this.

 

Liu Eunyoung was proving to be a challenge and her aloofness fueled his determination to break down the walls and get through to her. It was by no coincidence that he crashed Lee Taemin’s party - he overheard his young brother telling a friend on the phone that the girl was attending too.

 

Funny how his heart rebelliously skipped a beat when he saw her furtively running away from him.

 

It was as though he lost all senses with Eunyoung around and he couldn’t control what he said or did. Thankfully, on the surface, his composure didn’t disappear, salvaging some pride.

 

The first time he properly hugged the girl, something inexplicable materialised inside of Seunghyun. When he inhaled that once-familiar scent - Eunyoung had not changed the soap she used as a child - the urge to protect this person was overwhelming.

 

Seunghyun would do everything in his power not to hurt this girl who he believed he loved. Except he couldn’t stop himself from hurting Eunyoung.

 

2006

 

Away from home, he was another person - Choi Seunghyun was the big man on campus.

 

Drawing the curtains, he squinted as sunlight flooded into the small room. The sudden brightness prompted the sleeping girl to stir.

 

Even as a freshman, he won over fellow students with a click of his fingers. Joining forces with a talented music major Jiyong, the best friends quickly commanded an entourage and rose up the university social ladder in no time.

 

“It’s too early,” protested Yura, pulling the covers over her eyes to block the light out.

 

Nothing had changed since high school. Females flocked to the high profile junior, on and off campus.

 

Not caring about Yura’s protests, he slipped a singlet over his head and opened the window. Before lighting a cigarette, he told the girl lying on the single bed, “You have to go soon. I have to catch the train home at 11.”

 

Like the pied piper, this innate ability to attract females worked to his advantage - he was constantly on the prowl. With minimal effort, he usually managed to bring back the hottest girls to his dorm room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter