4th March 2013

Remembrance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
4th March 2013

She can’t believe what she had saw, what she had heard. She’s still trying to process everything.

Earlier…

“Today’s meeting is about our halted marketing project. Based on our quarterly reports, our sales have dropped quite a number. Based on our research, our competitors have done better marketing campaigns than us. For example, this.” She said as she points at the screen. “Prestige Air had been working with some celebrities and provides them with services like hosting parties on their planes, which other airlines didn’t do before. This gains people’s attention as celebrities posted photos on their social media and also provide details about their experience with Prestige Air while they were on television shows.”

“Didn’t our marketing department done some things about this?” One of the Board members asked.

“Our marketing department have been providing some great ideas that we could have proceed with. But the funds that we have weren’t enough. As our company’s funds are controlled by our CFO, we were not able to get more funds.”

“What are you suggesting here, Chairman?” Another Board member raised the question.

“Currently, as all of you know, that our CFO had a major accident last year and needed time to recuperate, which results in her not able to get back to work. And 3 months ago, she went missing. Previously we were able to get her to approve some funds while she was recuperating, but these 3 months have been tough for us as we were unable to get funds without her approval. I suggest handing over our CFO position to Kim Tae Yeon.”

“Kim Tae Yeon? Is she fit for this position?”

“After reviewing everyone’s performances at the Finance Department, she was the most suitable person to take over the position. Take a look at her performance report.” She said and signals her assistant to hand out the report to the Board members.

“She seems fit for the position.” A Board member stated. She nods after hearing the comment, “Today I need everyone’s decision, whether to go through with my suggestion. This can make changes to our company and our profits.” She said as she emphasise the word ‘profit’.

She looked at all the members as they were discussing with themselves. She knows she can get most of their approval as most people wanted to earn more money. If the company’s sales keep dropping, they won’t be able to make more profits and thus the Board members will not be able to earn more.

“We will begin with the vot-” Her words were cut short as the door to the meeting room was open. She was surprised to see the person who walked in.

“Miss Song! You’re back!” “Miss Song! Good to see you again!” Some members of the Board greeted Victoria as she walked towards her sister.

“Hey Tiffany, sorry for being missing for so long.” Victoria said as she smiles at Tiffany.

Tiffany was so surprised that she doesn’t know what to say. Victoria’s sudden appearance had ruined all of her plans. She was so close! She was about to kick Victoria out of the company and out of her life! “I… I’m glad you’re back.” She managed to say out those words.

“I have something to say to everyone.” Victoria said as she faced all of the Board members. She bowed to everyone in apology, “I’m sorry to cause so much trouble to the company. I know I have been neglecting my position as a CFO since my accident, but now I have fully recovered and am able return to work immediately.”

“You have recovered?” “That’s great!” “We’re happy to have you back, Miss Song!”

“Yes. Thank you. I have another announcement to make as well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter