31st December 2012: Part 1

Remembrance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31st December 2012 

Part 1

She can’t believe her own eyes right now. The man that was always on her mind for the past 5 days is just in front of her. She thought she has already forgotten about him after having fun at Wild Rose two days ago, and having a major hangover the day after. She’s supposed to meet Krystal to have lunch and shopping together, but Krystal has some last minute issues with her mother. Well, she told her that her mother needs her to attend a meeting as her designs were picked up, so Victoria was left alone. She decided to have her lunch and shop on her own before meeting the guys at Wild Rose tonight.

When she spots him sitting just a few tables in front of her, she knows he’s still on her mind.

She wanted to approach him, ask him whether she can join him for lunch. They can get to know each other, she thought. Before she could act, someone – or rather a beautiful lady – stands in front of him, and he immediately stood up and pulls the chair for the lady to sit.

“A glass of Mimosa, Miss.” The waiter puts her drink down on her table. She looks at the waiter and nods at him, thanking him. Her eyes went back to the man that was on her mind and the beautiful lady.

Kris’s words two days ago came to her mind when she saw the two of them talking and laughing happily. That beautiful lady must be his girlfriend. She thought. She feels like her heart was sinking when she thought of that, but anger came to her right after. She feels she’s really being played by him. If he’s got a girlfriend, why would he get her number and leave her hanging, waiting for his phone call all day.

Having her appetite gone seeing the couple in front of her, she paid for her bill and leave the restaurant.

***

She can’t believe what luck she has today. Her hands were now tired and painful after carrying a lot of shopping bags in her hands. She bought 3 pairs of shoes, 4 dresses, few tops and blouses, some shorts and skirts, and a few accessories. She didn’t realise that she has bought a lot until she feels all the heaviness from the bags that she is carrying. She decided to stop shopping and return back home to prepare herself for the New Year’s celebration later at night.

Well, that’s what she wanted to do.

She’s now standing in front of the door of her car, shopping bags all over the floor beside her, both hands spreading her stuffs on the roof of her car that she has just poured out from her handbag few seconds ago.

She put her hands on her forehead when she realise that her car key is not among the stuffs. She has lost her car key.

She knows standing here, looking blankly at her stuffs doesn't solve her problem, so she decided to call for help. She took her phone and dials Kris's number.

"Hello?"

"Kris! I need your help! I lost my car key and I can't go back home!"

"Where are you? I'll pick-"

"Hello? Kris!" She said urgently when Kris's words were cut off. She removes her phone from her ear. She panicked when she realised that her phone have ran out of battery. "God damn phone! Why must you run out of battery at a time like this?!" She scolds her phone and keeps on pressing the on switch button, but it just won't switch on.

"Miss? Are you alright?" She heard someone from behind, and she turns around immediately. The moment she sees him, she turns back, having her back facing him.

"Qian?" His voice managed to stop her from doing anything, causing her to just stare blankly in front. The way he calls her, she feels a sense of familiarity, a sense of comfort, but she doesn't know why she felt that way.

But she's happy that he still remembers her name.

"I'm fine." She says as she keeps her stuffs back into her handbag.

He knows she’s not fine as she said. He can see by the way she acts. If she’s fine, her stuffs would not be so messy on the roof of her car, shopping bags all over the floor. She must have dropped her car key. He thought. He walks towards her, and bends down to grab her shopping bags t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter