Prologue

Remembrance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

13th April 2013

She wakes up, and finds herself lying on the ground. She is in a dark alley. She stands up, brushes off the dirt on her dress and her body. She looks around, finding for an exit. Just on her left, she sees a bright light and people passing by. That must be the exit of the alley.

She walks out of the alley. She’s now in some streets. She doesn’t know where she is, but she can feel that this place is familiar, eerily familiar. She wanted to know where she was, so she tries asking people that are walking by. She asks a couple that walks pass her, but they walk pass her, ignoring her question. She tries again, asking a woman pushing a baby stroller. Again, she’s being ignored. She tries and tries again, but the same thing happens over and over again.

She knows standing here and asking people doesn’t get her anywhere, since she’s been ignored all the time. She walks along the streets, hoping that she could walk to somewhere that she knows.

While she’s walking, she sees something – or rather someone – familiar, sitting by the glass window of the café. She looks closely, and she realise that it is her! Or it might be someone that looks so much like her. She thought it was some tricks that are playing in her eyes, seeing someone that looks so much like her right in front of her. She knocks on the glass window, wanting the woman that looks so much like her to turn her gaze around, to look at her. The woman turns to her, but through her gaze, she knows that the woman is not looking at her, but looking through her. Can’t she see her?

She walks into the café, walking straight to that woman. She tries talking to her, but the woman looks like she didn’t hear her. She takes a seat beside the woman, trying to talk to her again, but it’s still the same. She wants to get the woman’s attention, so she tried grabbing her arms. The next thing she knew, her hands just went through that woman’s arm! She’s shocked. She can’t believe what she had just seen. She looks at her hands. Does she even exist?

She heard the chair moves beside her. A woman sits beside her, looking at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter