31st December 2012: Part 2

Remembrance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31st December 2012
Part 2

Kris hangs up the phone and looks at his two best friends who are giving him questioning looks. He knew what they want to know, “She’s not coming.”

“What!?” Both of them said in sync. “Then what about all these?” Luhan continues and gestures to the surroundings. “Yeah! I lied to her because of these, you know.” Krystal says.

Kris looks at the place around him. He can see the effort that all of them have put in, and he’s grateful for their help in these. He slumps down on the couch and reaches for the glass in front of him. “She said she has a date tonight with the guy that she fell for at first sight.”

“Aww shucks!” Luhan sits down beside him and pats on his shoulder, “On the day when you’re confessing your love. It’s okay, Kris, there are plenty of girls out there.”

“Yah!” Krystal hits him on his arm. “Is that how you comfort your best friend?!”

“Hey!” Luhan rubs his arms to ease the pain, “Then what do you expect me to do? Encourage him to not give up? Encourage him to continue and pursue her? You know he had tried to pursue her for a long time now, in fact, his whole life! It’s time for him to give up!”

“Do-You-Have-To-Be-So-Direct-In-Front-Of-Him!?” She hits him again, hitting him after she finishes a word. “Yah!”

“Enough!” Kris says, and both of them stop what they are doing and look at him, “I need some quiet time, please.”

“Okay.” Both of them say, and leave him alone. He pours himself another glass and drinks it.

He thought of what Luhan had said earlier during his and Krystal’s argument. Yes, he has always love her since young, and that love never changed, but every time he wanted to tell her about his feelings, there will always be a guy that beats him to it. Not only that, Victoria has good impressions and feelings on those – to be specific, currently two – guys. Is this the time for him to give up?

***

“Why is this so hard?!” Victoria said as she takes out most of her dresses from her walk-in wardrobe. She has tried on many different dresses but there isn’t one that she thinks looks right on her. Sulli looks at her and was reminded of the past. She remembered this is exactly what happened when Nichkhun asked Victoria out on their first date.

“Young lady, all looks great on you.”

“We’re alone, Sulli.”

“Sorry Young la- I mean Victoria.”

“The dresses look great and beautiful, but I can’t seem to look right wearing them.” Victoria said as she took another dress off her wardrobe. “What time is it, Sulli?”

“7:40PM, Victoria.”

“Oh my gosh! I only have 20 minutes left! I haven’t done my hair, I haven’t done my make-up! Is my last day of 2012 end up being like this?” Victoria said as she hurriedly rummages through her wardrobe for the “perfect” dress.

Sulli looks at her helplessly. She doesn’t know how she can help Victoria. “What if…” She says to herself, “Victoria, I’ll come back in a while.” She walks back to her maid quarters and took out a box from her cupboard. She went back to Victoria’s room with it, “Victoria, maybe you should wear this.”

“What is it?” Victoria asks as she took the box out of her hands. She opens it and found a lovely pastel blue cocktail dress. Victoria saw it and her face lightens up. She knows this is the right dress for today.

“This is the perfect dress! Thanks Sulli! But… where did you get this?” She asks, as she knows Sulli would not be able to afford a dress like this, and she doesn’t remember gifting it to her.

“You gave it to me before you lost your memories.” Sulli says, as she tries to hide her uncomfortable expression.

“Oh! Then I’ll return to you after tonight! Thanks!” Victoria says as she went to change and get ready.

“I’m glad to help, Young Lady Victoria.” Sulli whispers to herself softly.

***

Nichkhun waited in his car few metres away from the mansion. He wanted to wait for Victoria outside the gate, but before he could, he saw a familiar car driving in through the gate. He knew who the car belongs to. He didn’t want any people who know him to spot him, so he waited few metres away from the mansion, but he still can see a clear view of the gate of the mansion.

When he saw Victoria walked out of the gate, he drives nearer to her and stops in front of her. Victoria knew it was his car so she unlocks the door and gets in without having him to open the door for her. When she got in, Nichkhun stares at her – particularly, her dress. Victoria saw Nichkhun staring at her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter