Bet

[One Shot] Yunri Fanfics

 

Hello again readers. I was browsing my folders and found this fiction. Here goes another yunri fanfic for you all Yunri shippers. Hehehe. And thank you for commenting. Those comments make me want to write more. hehehe. Thank you again readers. Sorry if most of my fanfics have the same plot but continue reading and commenting. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He treated her like a queen. He never raised his voice at her. He loved her. She thought he changed for her. She thought he was perfect despite his past but that was not the case. He betrayed her. He told her lies just to get her for a bet. She felt like killing herself when she knew he was lying. She wanted to jump off a cliff because of him. She just wanted to get out and start a new life elsewhere.

Yuri was in the toilet at her college when she heard some girls talking.

“Yunho won the bet with his friends. That Yuri girl is very vulnerable. She really thought he would be like that for her.”The girl said while laughing.

“Let’s go congratulate him.”The other girl said as they left.

Yuri stood in the cubicle speechless and unknowingly tears fell. She tried to control her tears but it just can’t stop. When she got out of the toilet, she quickly went towards her car and drove back home. On her way home, she cried continuously. She felt like her heart shattered.

“Jung Yunho, why? Why?? Why did you make me fall in love with you??”She shouted and cried.

As soon as she arrived at home, she went towards her room and cried softly under her blanket.

“Why are men so heartless? They break your heart all the time.”Yuri said as she cried again.

She doesn’t want to see him ever again. She doesn’t want him near her nor talk to her. She just wanted him out of her life but the only thing for that to happen is if she change college or better go to Japan and lives with her parents since her mom is Japanese.

"I let you in after my heart break thinking you’re the one and yet you still break my heart.”Yuri said as she wipes her tears.

She stopped crying and tried to calm herself.

“I need to stop crying. I don’t cry for jerks.”Yuri said as she wipes her tears.

“Jung Yunho, don’t ever cross my path again.”She said as she stood up and started packing her things.

Fortunately, her parents have always wanted her to go to Japan and live with them. It was easy for her to go there and apply for college there.

“Hello Omma.”Yuri said trying to sound strong.

“Yes honey.”Her mom said.

“I’ve decided to go live with you guys in Japan.”Yuri said.

“Finally!!!!”Her mom squeals excitedly.

“Can I go there tomorrow??”Yuri asked.

“You can come today if you want.”Her mom said.

“It’s okay. I need to pack my things anyway and I need to buy the ticket.”Yuri said.

“See you tomorrow love.”She said and hung up.

She switched her phone off so that no one would disturb her especially HIM. Yuri calmed herself down and started packing her things. She brought her necessities and left the rest in the apartment. That night, she has lost her appetite and wasn’t in the mood to do anything. She lay on her bed doing nothing, staring at the wall above her.

“This is it Kwon Yuri. Start new in Japan and don’t fall for guys easily. They are not trustworthy.”She said to herself and finally fell asleep.

The next morning, she got herself ready and printed the email to take her boarding pass at the airport. She took her luggage out and waited for a taxi that she called earlier. Her taxi finally arrived but as she looked behind, she saw a familiar car. She left her luggage for the taxi driver to take and went inside the taxi to avoid him. She can’t see him because she’s afraid that she will look so weak in front of him.

“Yuri-ah!!!”She heard him call her but she locked the door.

He got off his car and went towards the taxi.

“Where are you going Yuri-ah??”Yunho asked worriedly.

Yuri ignored him and unlocked the driver’s door for the driver to get in. She wasn’t in the mood to talk to Yunho. Not after what he has done.

“Yuri-ah… Please talk to me.”He pleaded but Yuri is not going to fall for it.

“Should I go?”The taxi driver asked.

“Yes. Just go.”Yuri said.

“And could you please avoid him if he’s following us.”Yuri added.

“I’ll try my best.”He said.

A tear fell out from her eyes and she just wiped it off and stares outside.

“Don’t cry for him Yuri… He’s not worth your time.”She thought.

After 30 minutes drive, Yuri finally arrived at the airport and quickly checked her luggage so that she could go in quickly. Luckily, there was no queue since she was early and she quickly checked in her luggage and takes her boarding pass. As she was about to walk towards the check in area, someone pulls her and she landed in an embrace. She looks up to find Yunho looking at her with worried eyes.

“Where are you going?”He asked.

Yuri was in the verge of tears but held it in. She slapped him in the face and quickly checks in. She doesn’t want to see him ever again.

“That slap is for betting on me.”Yuri said and walks off.

Yunho wanted to catch after her but the security held him down.

“Yuri-ah…”He called out but she didn’t even turn once.

Her tears fell as she walks into the departure area. She quickly went towards the toilet to wash her face.

“Yuri-ah… You need to stop crying for him. He’s a waste of time.”Yuri said as she walks back to the departure area.

After 1hr wandering around the airport, she sat near her gate and read a book she brought with an ice blended coffee.

“Flight to Japan at 10.00am is now ready to board.”

Yuri got her bag and walk towards the entrance desk. She bow to the woman checking her tickets and went into the plane.

“This is it Kwon Yuri. New place, new life, new adventure.”She said as she sat down in her seats in business class. She watched people enter the plane and finally doze off to sleep after a few minutes.

She woke up when it was time to land. As she turns to her left, she saw Jung Yunho looking at her. Yuri was surprised to see him. She pretends to sleep again and turns the other way.

“Yuri-ah…”She heard.

The voice that could melt her heart. The only voice that could calm her down whenever trouble comes. She ignored him and continued closing her eyes. She closed her eyes and stayed that way until the plane land. She waited for all the passengers to go out and she finally stands up to find him standing next to her seat. She still ignores him, got her things and went out.

“Yuri-ah…”He said and pulls her hand.

Yuri wasn’t in the mood to talk to him.

“Please talk to me. Why are you doing this?”He asked.

“Why am I doing this?”Yuri asked annoyed still walking.

“Please let me explain.”He said holding onto her hand.

She stopped walking and turns towards him. He pulls her hand and brought her somewhere private.

“I’m sorry.”He said looking at her but she wasn’t even looking at him.

“I’m really sorry but I cancelled the bet because I love you.”He said.

“So, it was true after all. It was just a bet.”Yuri said.

“But I didn’t continue because I’ve fallen for you.”He said.

“But the truth is it started with a bet. If it wasn’t for the bet, you won’t even give me time.”Yuri said angrily and break out of his grasp.

“Yuri-ah… Please… I need you in my life.”He said.

“I thought I needed you in mine but I don’t now.”Yuri said and he could see tears forming around her eyes before walking away from him.

4 yearshave passed since they met. Yuri has finished her financial management course and is now waiting for job replies. She has matured into a beautiful lady with men wooing her but she never gave them time probably because she has build walls to her heart.

“Yul!!!! A letter for you.”Her mom calls and she quickly ran towards her mum.

She opens the envelope and it was an acceptance letter from a Korean company.

“I got a job!!!!”Yuri screamed in joy and hugs her mum.

“But it’s in Korea.”Yuri said.

“It’s okay. We could fly there or you fly here to visit each other. Japan and Korea is not really that far.”Her mum said hugging Yuri.

“Yay!!!! I’m excited.”Yuri said.

“It says I’m going to start next week.”Yuri said.

“Go pack your things. You need to clean your apartment before you live there again.”Her mum said.

 

It was the first day of work; Yuri picked a formal outfit to wear on her first day to impress. She looked at the building and it was filled with office workers. As she went to her designed floor, she was greeted by a woman older than her.

“Hello. Call me Mrs.Kim, the boss has been waiting for you.”She said.

“The boss??”Yuri asked.

“The big boss.”She replied.

“The big boss?”Yuri asked surprised.

“Why??? Are you scared?”Mrs.Kim asked.

“It’s not that. It’s just that why does the big boss wants to see me.”She said.

“I don’t know.”She replied and leads her to the big boss’s room which was 4 floors higher.

As they reached the top floor, Mrs.Kim pointed towards the left which was the big boss’s office.

“Are you going to leave me?”Yuri asked.

“I’m afraid so. I have work to do.”She replied.

Yuri took a big breath and knocks on the door. She was really nervous because it is the big boss. She tried looking for his name on the door or somewhere but could not find a name tag anywhere.

“Come in.”She heard.

She walks in quietly closing the door behind her carefully. The big boss wasn’t facing her so she could not really see his face.

“What should I call him? Boss??”Yuri thought.

“Good morning boss.”Yuri said nervously.

“Good morning Kwon Yuri. I’ve been waiting for you forever.”He said.

“I’m sorry for being late.”Yuri said.

“You were really late and I almost stopped waiting for you.”He said.

“Please don’t fire me. I’m really sorry for being late.”She said.

She was still standing and he was still facing away from her.

“Why did you come so late?”He asked.

She looks at her watch and it was 9am.

“Isn’t 9am the time we should be by the office?”Yuri asked.

“Next time be punctual.”He said and turns to face Yuri.

Yuri was shocked to see him in front of her looking so neat and handsome.

“What’s wrong Ms.Yuri-shi?”He asked.

“He doesn’t remember me.”She thought and just kept quiet.

“Nothing. Can I go now?”She asked.

“Wait…”He said and Yuri hoped he would remember her.

“Give this to your boss.”He said handing her the folders.

Yuri gladly took it avoiding his eyes and went out of his office as soon as she can. She sighed quietly a bit disappointed but it’s the past.

“You can do this Kwon Yuri. It’s your first job. Concentrate on your work. Besides he has forgotten about you.”She thought as she went down to her office.

She was given a hell load of work. After an hour, it piles up to her head.

“Are they trying to kill me with work?”Yuri asked quietly as she finished checking the 5th folder and it was already lunch.

She heard her office mates talk about their boss; on how cold he is to his employees.

“Yuri-shi… Aren’t you going to lunch?”Her office mate Sooyoung asked.

“It’s okay. You go ahead.”Yuri said.

“Okay. I’ll let it go but tomorrow, you’re going with me to lunch.”She said eyeing her.

“I will. I’m just trying to even this work out.”Yuri said as she hits the pile of folders.

“You’ll get use to it.”Sooyoung replied.

Yuri took a sandwich she brought from home and ate while working on the work. As she was about to take another file from the pile, it was stuck. She looked up to find her big boss looking at her. Yuri pretends like they don’t know each other.

“What can I do for you, boss?”She asked as she stands up.

“Aren’t you going to eat lunch?”He asked.

“I am.”She said pointing towards her half eaten sandwich.

“That is not lunch. Here you go.”He said giving her a paper bag.

“It’s okay.”Yuri said rejecting his offer but he kept giving it to her.

“I said it’s fine.”Yuri said shoving it back to him.

“Yuri-ah…”He calls and made her heart beat really fast.

“Accept my lunch.”He said looking down.

Yuri hesitates at first but decided to take his offer.

“Thanks.”She said and places the paper bag on her desk.

He was still standing near her desk. Yuri doesn’t know what to say.

“Uhmmm… Can I help you?”She asked.

Yunho look at her in the eyes.

“Yes.”He said.

“What can I do?”She asked.

“Can you fix the heart that you broke 4 years ago?”He asked looking at her intently.

Yuri was in shocked when he said that. Their eyes locked on each other.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re talking about.”She said and continued doing her work.

“Please…”He pleads looking at her.

Yuri knows if she looks at him, she’ll go weak which is why she decided to avoid him.

“I have a lot of work to do.”She said and ignore him.

He has had enough. He grabbed her hand and pulls her to his office.

He pushes her to the wall with his hands on both sides of her head; his eyes looking at her intensely. Yuri tried to not look into his eyes but she can’t help it.

“I’m currently working.”She stutters.

“But I’m your boss.”He said.

“Please let me go.”She said in aegyo.

She knew he is weak towards her aegyo. When he heard her aegyo, he smiles brightly and let her go. She quickly ran towards the door and went out to her desk.

“I will get you later Kwon Yuri.”He said with a smirk.

Yuri quickly sat down and checked the lunch brought by Yunho. It was her all time favourite. She can’t help but smile a little. As she was eating while doing her work, people started entering the office.

“Tomorrow lunch with me.”Sooyoung said.

“Sure.”Yuri replied with a smile.

“Can I join too??”A guy sitting next to Yuri asked.

“Sure… The more the merrier.”Sooyoung replied.

“I’m Park Yoochun. Call me Micky.”He said.

“Yuri.”She replied and gave a smile.

“I heard you met with the big boss just now.”Sooyoung suddenly said.

“Yea.”Yuri merely replied.

“What did he talk about?”She asked.

“He just told me to work hard and gave a lot of work.”Yuri said.

“He’s known as the cold hearted boss.”Sooyoung said.

Yuri just kept quiet as they talk about him.

“But he’s one fine man.”Sooyoung added.

“So… Where are you from?”She asked.

“I was born in seoul but live in Japan.”She said.

“Ohhh…”She said and started speaking Japanese to Yuri.

All Yuri could do is laugh.

“Hey Soo… You need to stop talking. My Yuri needs to do her work.”Micky said.

“My Yuri???”Sooyoung asked.

“She’s not yours.”She added.

“She’s damn right. Yuri is not yours.”Someone said which cause the 3 of them to look back.

It was their big boss. Sooyoung and Micky suddenly gave a bow to their boss.

“She’s mine.”He said pulling her towards him making the people working looked at them in shocked.

Yuri was as red as a tomato. She hid her face with her hands and bow to her new office mate.

“Yah!!!”She said hitting his arm as she was pulled into his office.

Sooyoung and Micky looked at each other bewildered.

“There’s something going on with those two.”Micky said.

“And I’m going to figure it out.”Sooyoung said still eyeing the two.

As Yunho closes his door, Yuri started talking.

“Yah!!!! People will think differently.”Yuri said.

“Let them be. I AM not going to let you go. I AM not going to give you away to some guy other than me. ”He said as he stands in front of her.

“Not going to let you go like that ever again.”He said sighing.

Yuri doesn’t know what to say.

“Say that you still love me. Say that you miss me. Say that you forgive me. Say anything to me.”He said as he pulls Yuri into a hug.

“I hate you…”She said and causes Yunho to break the hug.

He was speechless. His eyes became watery as he heard her say that.

“I hate you for making me love you so much. I hate you for making me think of you all the time. I hate that I can’t hate you when I’m supposed to.”She said as tears run down her cheeks.

He sighed in relief and pulls her chin up to face him.

“Then don’t hate me, love me.”He said and finally kisses her lips after waiting for 4 years.