The past

[One Shot] Yunri Fanfics

Hellloooooo. Another fic that i've found in my folder that i havent posted. This story is fan fiction. It's not real. hehehe.

 

They had something going on between them when they first entered sm entertainment but a relationship between them never really happened because one debuted earlier than the other. When she heard he was about to debut, she knew it will be hard for them and therefore decided to avoid him from then on. They were back to strangers in each other’s life. However, it was all because of her. He wanted to be friends with her but she was always ignoring his presence and it lead to an awkward atmosphere between both of them whenever they meet. Now, both of them have debuted with their respective group with him debuting earlier by 3 years.

“Yul!!!! We’ve got to practice.”Sooyoung calls her as she was stuffing with some rice cakes.

“Coming!!!!”Yuri shouted.

They have just finished their schedule from music bank and had just won their 8th award for gee. The other 8 members are waiting for Yuri to come back from the cafeteria at sm.

“Coming!!!”She shouted as she ran with full.

She was running towards their practice room and saw someone in front of her. Fortunately, she avoided the person and yelled a sorry. She was panting as she arrived at the practice room.

“Sorry!!! I was hungry.”She said still chewing her food and made the other laugh.

“You should rest a bit.”Hyoyeon said while chuckling.

Yuri sat down on the floor while the others start practicing.

After practicing for 3 hours, all of them were exhausted. Yuri was lying on the floor with her eyes closed. All she wanted to do was take a cold shower and go to bed. She was about to doze off until she heard some of her members greet a sunbae which made her to stand up and bows.

“Annyeonghaseyo sunbaenim.”She followed what the others said while bowing.

When she stands back up, she saw Yunho looking at her while the other tvxq members were talking with her members. She gave a smile and nods her head as she got her things to go home.

“Oppa!!! How are you?”Yuri heard Sooyoung say.

“We’re fine. We’re just about to practice the dance for our Japan album.”He replied.

Yuri was busy packing her things that she didn’t notice him standing next to her.

“Hey.”He said which surprises her.

“Hye sunbaenim.”She said as she places her bag on her shoulder.

“Drop the formalities.”He said as he lean on the table.

“Yuri!!!”Hyoyeon calls and she quickly left him after bowing.

“Pheww….”She thought as she walks towards Hyoyeon.

The two were still awkward with each other. Yunho tried to get close to her but she has built a wall that made it hard for him to approach her. All her members knew of her past with Yunho and of course notice the awkward aura between them. Even fans who watch them like hawk eyes will notice it.

2009 was a great year for snsd. They won multiple awards ever since the black ocean they dealt back in 2008. However, it was not a great year for tvxq. Tvxq are splitting with Yunho and Changmin staying with sm while JYJ wanted out.

It was mid July of 2009 when Yuri heard the news, she felt bad for tvxq especially Yunho. She knew how hard he work to get on top and now, they’re breaking up.

“I hope he’s okay.”Yuri said.

“Who??? Yunho Oppa???”Yoona asked.

“Yea…”She replied.

The two of them were at the practice room practicing for their upcoming concert.

“I need to pee… I’ll be back.”She replied as she went out of the room.

As she was about to pass a staircase at the back, she saw someone sitting down with his head down looking at his feet. Yuri doesn’t want to disturb the person and quietly walk passes him. The person heard quiet footsteps and looks up to find Yuri leaning on the wall trying to walk as slow and quiet as she could. Her actions made him chuckle.

“Sunbaenim… Sorry to disturb you.”Yuri said and quickly went to the toilet.

She hoped he was gone from the staircase and spent an extra 5 minutes in the restroom just in case. She opens the door quietly and saw him still sitting on the stairs looking at her. His eyes were red and she felt bad. She doesn’t want to disturb him and plans on to just avoid him but her plan didn’t work when he grabbed her hand and pulls her which causes her to fall back on his lap.

“Sunbaenim…”She said trying to get up.

“Drop the formalities.”He said sternly and Yuri followed because she knew he was serious and was not in the mood to joke.

“Oppa…”She said and it was music to his ears.

It has been how many years since he heard her call him oppa. He didn’t let her go and place his arms around her waist.

“Oppa… You need to let me go.”She said.

“You’re just going to leave me like them.”He said and it hurts Yuri to see him like this.

“I won’t. I just want to sit comfortable next to you.”She finally gives in.

He finally let go and let her sit next to him; His head looking down at the floor with tears around his eyes.

“Oppa… You’re strong. You were always strong. You can get through this.”She comforts him.

“I thought that we’ll be together…”He said as tears fell down his cheeks.

Yuri got up but was stopped by Yunho.

“Where are you going?”He asked.

“I’m just going to the restroom to get some tissues for you.”She replied and gave him an assuring smile.

She went back and sat next to him.

“Here…”She said as she gave him the tissue.

He took it but didn’t wipe his tears. Yuri can’t stand looking at his tears and took the tissue. She wiped his tears and gave him a smile that he had always wanted to see for a long time. He was looking at her intently and it made Yuri awkward.

“Oppa… Stop looking at me.”Yuri said as she stopped wiping his tears.

“Is this the only way for you to finally talk to me?”He asked.

“Yah!!! Be thankful I’m even talking to you.”She said as she hit his arm lightly.

“I guess I’ll have to cry in front of you every time I want to talk to you.”He said with a smile.

“I’m going.”She said and went back to her practice room before he stops her.

Her face was feeling warm from meeting him. As she enters the practice room, Yoona saw the shade of red on Yuri’s face.

“What happened?”Yoona asked.

“Is my face red?”She asked.

“Yea…”Yoona replied while chuckling.

“I met Yunho sunbaenim.”Yuri replied while fanning herself.

“Oooooooooo…. Someone’s in love.”Yoona said while chuckling.

“Yah!!! You want me to hit you.”Yuri said as she glares at Yoona.

“Fine unnie… Let’s practice.”Yoona said and both of them went back to practice.

Both of them were sweating after 2 hours of practice the dance.

“I’m tired…”Yuri said as she lies on the floor.

“I’m hungry. Let’s get food.”Yoona suggests.

“I’m so lazy to walk.”Yuri said as she tried to get up.

“Want to just call them?”Yoona asked.

“Yes!!!”Yuri said instantly as she get her phone from her pocket.

They ordered food from their usual take outs and ordered like they have been starving. When the foods arrive, Yuri and Yoona looked at each other and laugh loudly.

“Thank you.”They said to the delivery man and brought it to their practice room.

Both of them were eating like no other and stopped when the door to their practice room opens and in came Yunho.

“Sunbaenim…”Yuri gasped.

“I told you to drop the formalities.”He said as he takes a seat next to Yuri.

“Hi Oppa.”Yoona said.

“Hye.”He said with a smile as he took Yuri’s chopstick and took some of her food.

“Yah Oppa!!! Don’t take my food!!!”Yuri said as she glares at him.

“And chopsticks.”She added.

“Well… Too bad.”He said the chopsticks.

“So childish…”Yuri hissed and grab a new pair of chopsticks.

“You guys are so cute!!!”Yoona squeals.

“What are you talking about and why are you talking informally?”Yuri said as she knocks Yoona’s head.

Yunho looks at Yuri and smiles when Yoona said that they were cute.

“Can I join you guys?”He asked.

“No…”

“Yes Oppa…”

“unnie, why are you mean to oppa?”Yoona asked as he gave her a container of some food.

“She’s really mean.”He said as he nudges Yuri.

Yuri turns to him and glares. She continued eating after having a “Who blinks earlier loses?” competition. Yuri won and was happy like she has won a prestige competition.

“Who’s the childish one now?”He asked as he chuckles.

Yuri made a face and continued eating.

“So oppa, how are you?”Yoona asked.

“Never been better…”He said as he looks at Yuri who was gobbling the food down and chuckles slightly.

Yoona saw how he looks at her unnie and knew he still has feelings for her despite it has been over 3 years.

“I need to get some drinks.”Yoona said as she got up.

“I’ll go with you.”Yuri said.

“No. You stay.”Yoona said as she pushes Yuri back to sit down.

Yunho continued eating as he listens to Yuri about wanting to go with Yoona and Yoona rejecting her offer.

“You don’t have to be obvious if you don’t want to be with me.”He said.

“Who said??? I’m perfectly fine being with you here.”Yuri lied.

“Really???”He asked as he leans closer to her.

“O-Oppa…”Yuri said as she moves back.

“Do you know how hard it was to see you all pretty and grown up and not talk to me?”He asked as he leans closer and made Yuri to lie down.

“Oppa… What are you doing?”Yuri asked as she tried to escape from him.

“I have a lot of questions to ask you.”He said.

“And the only way for you to answer me is by doing this.”He said as he looks at her intently.

She was avoiding his gaze and tried to push him away.

“Unnie…”Yoona screams as she pushes the door open which made Yuri to push Yunho and sit straight up.

“Did I disturb something?”She asked as she saw both of them had red cheeks.

“No… I have to go.”Yuri said as she got up and went out.

After that incident, Yuri was always avoiding Yunho. She doesn’t want to meet him nor talk to him. For 2 years, they continued to be awkward when meeting each other.

It’s 2011 and sm was preparing for sm concert in Seoul. The list of performance was posted on the board in sm bulding. Yuri was lucky enough to be the first to see.

“Awesome… Dance performance.”Yuri said as she walks pass it.

“Yuri!!!”Someone calls her.

She turns to find her manager walking towards her.

“There’s going to be a meeting tomorrow with all the sm artists.”He said.

“Okay.”She replied as she went home after practicing.

The next day, she went with her members to sm and when they got there, most of the artist were already there talking among each other. As she enters, one guy kept looking at her but she didn’t notice. His eyes followed her every move hoping for a glance between them but there were none.

“Can’t you just look at me?”He thought as his eyes follows her every move from the time she enters to the time she sits down with amber while laughing.

“Yunho oppa is looking at you.”Amber said as she looks somewhere else.

Yuri looks up and their eyes met. She then looks away and continued talking to Amber.

“Why are you two really awkward?”She asked Yuri.

“I don’t know. It just is.”She replied merely.

“So… Everybody knows what they’ll be performing right.”Lee soo man asked and the entire artist nods their head.

“For the last song hope, we’ll have to divide the parts. When your part goes on, you line up at the front and move towards the front stage. The first part will have kyuhyun and onew. 2nd part will be taeyeon and luna. The 1st rap part will have Yunho, shindong, hyoyeon, minho and Yuri.”He said and this surprised Yuri. Yunho was smiling from ear to ear.

They were practicing for the last song and Yuri had to stand next to Yunho. Yuri wasn’t happy about it which was the opposite of what Yunho feels.

“How about the guys stand up front, the girls will be at the back?”Yuri suggests as she glares at Yunho.

“Great idea.”The performance director said.

Yunho sighed quietly and glares back at Yuri. Yuri’s face was as if she wins something.

“Doesn’t it look too boring with all the guys upfront?”Yunho asked.

“It’s fine.”Yuri said.

“I don’t think it’s fine.”He said which earns a glare from Yuri and Yunho just smirks.

The people around them could feel the tension between them.

“You’re right Yunho.”The director said and Yunho could see Yuri’s eyes filled with fire.

He smirks teasingly and pulls her next to him in an instant and then he pulls Hyoyeon to not make it obvious.

After a few hours of rehearsal, everyone went home except for Yuri who was going to practice more since she forgot some of snsd’s dance. She bid the others goodbye and was just sitting on the floor playing with her phone.

“Aren’t you going home with your members?”He asked and she knew it was him.

“No. I need to practice.”She said blankly without looking at him.

“You’re really playing with my patience.”He said looking down at her.

“Not my fault.”She said still playing with her phone.

He took it from her and hides it in his back jeans pocket.

“Yah!!!”Yuri shouted as she glares at him.

“I’ve had enough with you.”He said.

“Then don’t talk to me.”She said as she put her hand out as a sign to give her phone back.

“Do you know how hard it was for me? For the past 5 years…”He said.

“The only thing I want to do now is talk to you comfortably like old times.”He said.

“It’s not like old times anymore.”She said waiting for her phone.

Yuri finally looked at him in the eyes and she could see hurt in his eyes. He kept on looking at her until she slumps on the floor with her back on the wall.

“Sit oppa.”She said pointing to the empty space next to her.

Yunho followed and sat there holding onto her phone. He was about to press the on button and Yuri quickly snatches it away.

“Don’t look at my phone.”She said as she hides it behind her.

“Why??? Do you have someone already?”He asked looking a bit sad.

“No… You have to ask permission first before using people’s phone.”She said.

“Can I borrow your phone then?”He asked with a smile after confirmation from her that she’s not dating anyone.

“No.”Yuri replied and gave a chuckle.

He gave a chuckle as well.

“I knew you were gonna say that but I asked anyway.”He said.

“I miss this.”He suddenly said and Yuri just kept quiet.

“It feels weird. It’s been like how many years.”She said as she stares at her shoes.

“Years of you avoiding me?”He asked with a hint of teasing.

“N-No…”She said and he laughs.

“It’s nice talking with you.”He said.

“Yeah…”She said and was suddenly pulled to Yunho’s embrace.

Her body was in an awkward position on top of Yunho.

“Oppa… What are you doing?”She asked as she tried to get away from him.

“Relax. I want to hug you.”He said looking at her lovingly.

Yuri finally relaxes and falls comfortable on him.

“I love you.”He suddenly said and made Yuri’s eyes widened.

“Did you say something oppa?”She asked pretending to not hear and hoping he would not repeat it.

“I love you Kwon Yuri.”He said.

“I love you so much that waiting for you for 5 years was nothing.”He said as he tightens his arm around her.

“Oppa… You know we can’t.”Yuri said as she tried to break free.

“What are you talking about? We can. I don’t see you getting in trouble when you went on the blind date with Taeyang.”He said which made Yuri speechless.

“Yah!!! Why are you bringing that up?”Yuri asked angrily.

“Because I feel like it.”He said childishly.

“I don’t see myself complaining about you going on dates with a celebrity.”Yuri said as she got up from him.

“Are you by any chance jealous?”He asked standing up.

“No!!!”She said and took her things.

“Please say you’re jealous because it will make me happy.”He said as he intertwined his hand to hers.

Yuri scoffed and glares at him.

“I really do love you. From the time we first met, I was always interested in you.”He confessed.

He cups Yuri’s face gently in his hands and made her to look at him.

“Say that you love me.”He said looking into her beautiful eyes.

“I…”She said but was cut off when the door opens to find Changmin looking at them with a smirk.

Yuri pushes Yunho away from her and took her things. Yunho was glaring at Changmin. She left the room in a rush.

“You just had to ruin it.”Yunho said angrily.

“Relax… There will be a next time.”Changmin replied.

“If there won’t, I will really kill you.”He said and took his things and left.

He tried to run after Yuri but he could not find her.

“Aishhh…”He said as he kicks the bin next to him.

He punched the walls continuously and was stopped when an arm wrapped around his waist.

“You do know you’re an idol right.”She said warmly towards him and he turns around to find his Yuri looking at him.

 “Yah!!! Look at your hand.”She said as she holds his hand to her face to check his injuries.

“Yuri…”He said softly cupping her face making her look at him.

“Say what you were going to say just now.”He pleads.

“I didn’t say anything.”She teased.

“Yul!!!!”He whines.

She chuckles lightly and looks up at him.

“I love you too.”She said and Yunho gave her a peck on the lips.

“That wasn’t hard was it?”He said as he gave a goofy smile.