We love each other

[One Shot] Yunri Fanfics

 

Days passed by so quickly. Kwon Yuri felt it. One minute, she was spending time with her best friend, Yunho, every day, the next minute; they see each other once a week the most. She looks at Yunho from a far who was with his new friends at school. He started hanging with them after he performed in a dance competition and all attention was on him. She felt happy for him but she can’t help and feel sad because she lost her best friend. She has never told anyone but she loves her best friend. She planned to tell him when they graduate but it doesn’t matter now. She’s just too angry at how he changed so much and decided to move on.

Jung Yunho loves spending time with his best friend, Yuri. Truthfully speaking, he loves her but he’s scared that she doesn’t feel the same way. When he performed in the dance competition, people wanted to become friends with him. He only wants Yuri but decided to forget his feelings by being around with other people and avoiding her as much as possible.

Will they tell the truth?? Or will they continue on living with the lies??

YURI

Yuri was walking alone to school. Usually, Yunho would walk together with her but he’s now with his new friends getting picked up.

“I hate him so much now.”Yuri said as she walks along the pathway.

It has been 2 months since Yunho avoids Yuri. She was fine about it at first when he sees her only 4 times a week but then it decreased to once a week or once a month and it pisses her off.

“How could he forget his best friend in a blink of an eye??”Yuri asked as tears formed around her eyes.

She sighed heavily and continued walking. When she arrived at school, there was a big commotion. Yuri was not in the mood and went pass the crowd of girls screaming.

“Why do they have to be noisy at this early hour??”Yuri asked irritated.

She was walking slowly towards her class when the scream gets louder and louder. She turns to find a guy with an untucked shirt and short black hair walking like a boss.

“Messy much… He looks mean.”Yuri said and continued walking at the side to avoid being pushed by the crowds but to her dismay she fell down to the ground.

“Aishhh… Seriously??”Yuri said and got up.

As she was about to get up, a hand reached for her and she looks up to find the messy looking guy. Yuri didn’t take his hand, stands up by herself and walks away. The girls gasp at his action.

“Omo… He’s such a gentlemen.”They said loudly.

Yuri just shook her head and went to her class. She sat at her usual seat which was at the very back. She doesn’t really have friends. Her old friend has ditched her and she doesn’t feel like making new friends since it’ll be 7 more months till her graduation. Another reason is that there’s no one that approached her to become their friends. She placed her head on the table looking out the window. She saw him walking with his friends; chatting and laughing. She felt jealousy eating her up but she shook the feelings away. As she was about to shut her eyes close, someone taps on her back. She sat up straight and looks to the right to find the messy scary looking guy.

“Hye!!!”He said and gave her a smile.

“Hye… Sorry about being rude just now.”Yuri said and smiles back.

“It’s okay. Everybody is cranky in the morning. I’m Choi Seung Hyun but you can call me Top.”He said.

“Kwon Yuri… You can call me Yuri.”She replied.

“He’s the first to approach me.”Yuri thought.

“Nice name.”He said.

“Yours too. Top is different.”Yuri said.

“Yea…”He said and chuckles covering his mouth.

“He’s really handsome and has manners.”Yuri thought.

“You just moved here??”Yuri asked trying to make a conversation.

It has been a while for her to talk to a classmate about something beside school work.

“Yea… Moved from Ulsan. My dad got a job here.”He said.

“Must have to move when your friends are at Ulsan.”Yuri said.

“You have no idea.”He said and Yuri chuckles.

“Well, I hope you make a lot of new friends here.”Yuri said.

“I already did.”He said.

“Oh yea… Your followers.”Yuri said while pointing towards the girls outside the class.

“They’re not my friends. They’re my fans.”He said and laughs.

As he was talking, Yuri looks to the front because Yunho came in. Their eyes met but Yuri quickly moves her head after looking at him for a mere 1s and look back at Top.

“You like him???”Top suddenly asked.

“He used to be my best friend.”Yuri said and attempt to smile.

“Used to be???”He asked.

“Long story.”Yuri said.

“I’ve got time.”He said.

“You really want me to tell you a really really boring story???”Yuri asked.

“Yes… Your really really boring story.”He said and made Yuri to chuckle.

“I’ll tell you later.”Yuri said.

“During lunch break??”He asked.

“No one has ever asked me to eat lunch with them…”Yuri thought.

“Sure.”She replied with a smile.

 

YUNHO

He was in the car with his friends; Heechul, Donghae, Siwon, Jessica, Tiffany and Yoona(More like the popular crowd). It would be a lie if he says that he doesn’t think of Yuri. He thought about her all the time; whether she ate, if she’s sleeping already. He really misses her but he knows if he continue to hang out with her, his feelings for her will grow bigger and it’ll be difficult. He sighed quietly and looks out.

“Are you okay, Yunho??”Heechul asked.

“Yea… I’m just tired.”He lied.

As they went down from the car, students were still talking about the new guy.

“New hot guy.”He heard them talk.

“Must be a new guy in school.”Donghae said.

“He must be hot.”Tiffany said while smirking to Jessica.

“Mine!!!”Jessica said.

“No… Mine!!!”Tiffany said.

“I don’t think he’ll like both of you.”Heechul said and the others chuckle at his remarks.

They walked down the hall and separated to their class. Heechul, Donghae and Yunho are in one class. While the others in another class. As they approached their class, there are crowd of girls.

“The new guy must be in our class.”Yunho said and thought of Yuri.

“Oh … I hope he doesn’t talk to her. Please not her.”Yunho thought and walked quickly to his class.

“Would you slow down??? It’s not like the class is going to run away.”Heechul said walking like a diva.

As he arrived, he saw her with the new guy. Yuri looked at him and talked back to the new guy as if he doesn’t exist. He was filled with jealousy. He wants to just go over to them and bring Yuri to sit next to him but he can’t.

“I must forget these feelings.”Yunho thought.

“I can’t do what I did to him like the other guys anymore. I need to move on.”Yunho thought and just went to his seat on the other end of Yuri’s.

He saw her chuckling and smiling by the new guy; it made him boil up. He knows he’s greedy but he can’t help it.

“Yuri is not yours. You can’t tell the guys to not talk to her. She won’t have friends. I must not be greedy but I want Yuri to myself only.”He thought as he looks at her talking happily with the new guy.

Heechul and Donghae finally went into the class and sat next to Yunho.

“So, what’s the new guy’s name???”Heechul asked.

“No idea.”Yunho replied trying to not look at Yuri.

Donghae then asked a guy sitting in front of them.

“Do you know his name?”He asked the guy.

“No… I don’t think anyone in class knows except for Yuri. He has been talking with her ever since he came in class.”The guy replied.

What the guy said made Yunho’s heart hurt. He was hurt by the fact that a guy will replace him and he doesn’t want that to happen. He just kept quiet.

YURI

I haven’t talked to someone about normal things and it feels great.

“Thanks for talking to me.”Yuri said.

“Don’t you have friends???”He asked.

“My only friend was that guy. Funny thing is that when a guy started talking to me, after a while, they stopped talking to me. And I have no idea why.”Yuri said.

“Maybe it’ll be the same for you.”Yuri added.

“I won’t.”He said with a smile.

“Are you sure??”Yuri asked.

“I’m pretty sure Yuri-shi…”He said.

“You don’t have to be polite. You can just call me Yuri.”She said.

“Then you call me Oppa.”He said.

“What???”She asked bewildered.

“How are you sure you’re older??”She asked raising her brow.

“Because I know I am.”He said.

“Because you look old.”She said while chuckling.

“Did you just say I look old???”He asked.

“I was just joking… See… It’s probably because my sense of humor guys stopped talking with me.”Yuri said while pouting.

“Is it?? I find it funny.”He said.

“Are you sure? You were so serious just now.”Yuri replied.

“Because my face is serious.”He said while chuckling.

“It’s not. It’s charismatic.”Yuri said while smiling.

“Is it??”He asked and gave a funny pose.

Yuri laughs out loud which made some of her classmates to look at her including Yunho. She covered and put her head down looking at Top.

“Sorry…”She said.

“It’s fine Yuri-shi…”He said.

“I told you that you can call me just yuri.”She said.

“Oppa.”He said.

“No…”She said.

“No to you then Yuri-shi…”He said stressing the shi at the end.

“The only friend I’ve called Oppa is Yunho oppa.”Yuri thought.

“It feels awkward.”Yuri said trying got find a way to avoid it.

“Op-pa… Op-pa…”He said like teaching a child.

“Yah!!! I know how to say it.”Yuri said pouting.

“I thought you didn’t.”He said while smirking.

She gave him a look and looks to the front.

“Are you angry now??”He asked poking her arm but she didn’t say a word.

“Aww… Don’t be angry.”He said poking her cheek.

Yuri looks to the side and saw the guy she loves looking at her from his seat. She gave him an awkward smile and continued talking with Top.

YUNHO

He looks at her getting comfortable around the new guy. It hurts him to see that another guy is making her smile and laugh. He hated it so much. He wanted to talk to him but decided not to.

“Maybe, she likes him.”He thought.

Suddenly, he heard a loud laugh he hasn’t heard for months. He looks at her and saw that she was hiding herself. He can’t help but smile. He was looking at her when their eyes met. All she did was smile at him.

“No greetings??? No wave???”He thought angrily.

He saw her pout and it made his heart stopped. It annoys him that the new guy is making her act like that easily. He saw the new guy poking Yuri’s arm then her cheek. Yunho was furious. He wanted to break the guy’s hand.

NO ONE
Their teacher, Ms.Kim, came in and asked Top to introduce himself.

“My name is Choi Seung hyun.”He said in his deep voice.

All the girls squeal even the teacher can’t help but fix her shirt when he looked at her.

“I’m from Ulsan.”He added.

“Nice to meet you Seung hyun. Do you have a seat already??? Do you want to change??”The teacher asked.

“I’m happy with my seat.”He said and walked towards it.

“You will be the teacher’s pet soon.”Yuri whispers to him and gave a chuckle.

“I wouldn’t mind.”He said and received a punch from Yuri.

Yunho was looking at them filled with green envy. He wanted to pull Yuri and ask her to sit with him. He just wanted her in his life again. 

During lunch, Yuri and Top were at the cafeteria to getting food. They sat on the table at the very end where it was less crowded.

“So... Tell me about the guy.”He said.

“You remembered.”She said.

“Of course I do.”He said.

“Let’s just say I’m in love with him.”Yuri said.

“I knew it.”He said.

“Zip it.”Yuri said.

She then told him the story from the dance competition until now.

“Do you hate him??”He asked.

“I can’t.”She said as she looks at his crowd.

“I don’t blame you. Love is so strong.”He said.

“Do you have a girlfriend??”Yuri asked.

“Yea. Back at Ulsan. We’re trying the long distance relationship thing.”He said.

“I hope it goes well for you.”Yuri said.

“I hope so too.”He said.

Both of them got up and threw away their rubbish. As they were about to enter their class, someone calls her. She turns to find Yunho calling her. She turns back and pulls Top with her to the class. Top and Yuri both have the same classes for every subject. Whereas Yunho has only the same registration class with Yuri.

“Why are you avoiding him??”Top asked.

“I don’t feel like talking to him.”Yuri said as she plops down on her chair.

“You should talk to him.”Top advised.

“But he was the one who started it.”Yuri whines like a child.

Top can’t help but chuckle.

One week has passed; Yuri has been hanging out with Top every day. They were like best friends and Yunho was mad. He doesn’t like it one bit. Furthermore, Yuri has been avoiding him at school. When he goes to her house, she would be out or sleeping. He decided to take some action.

Yunho was walking alone along the hallway when he saw Yuri walking slowly towards their registration class. It was still early, so the hallway wasn’t packed.  He fastens his pace to match with hers.

“Kwon Yuri…”He called out which made Yuri to turn.

“Oh …”Yuri thought when she saw him.

“I need to use the toilet.”Yuri lied and turned around but Yunho pulls her arm.

“Stop avoiding me.”He said angrily.

“Why are you getting angry? When you avoided me, I wasn’t angry and I didn’t chase you around like a lunatic.”Yuri said and pushed his hand away.

“Yuri-ah…”He called but Yuri went away from him.

When she heard him call her name, tears dropped down her cheeks and she quickly ran to somewhere where she can have some privacy. She went to the back of the school compound and found a door which lead to what it seems like a lounge. She went in slowly and sat on the sofa crying. She felt bad for treating him like that but she’s just so angry at him. After a few minutes, she went out and went to her classroom.

Yunho was looking at the door to see Yuri and when he did, he saw her with Top walking side by side smiling happily. Yunho hits his table and went out of the room. The students were surprised by his action. Yuri was also surprised. When he gets really mad, he does stupid stuff.

“Why is he angry?? I’ll have to check on him.”Yuri said to Top and followed Yunho.

She followed him to the back of the building. She stopped to hide somewhere and saw him kicking things and punching walls. She can’t bear to watch him like that.

“Oppa…”She said and it made Yunho to stop punching the walls.

“What are you doing?”She asked approaching him.

“It’s none of your business because I’m just a lunatic to you.”He said angrily.

“Oppa…”She said.

“Just go away.”He said.

“You really want me to go away??”She asked.

“Yes.”He replied coldly.

Yuri felt hurt but decided to follow what he said.

“Alright then…”She said turning around with her eyes watery.

She was about to walk when she felt two arms around her waist pulling her close.

“Please don’t leave me.”He said and Yuri could feel his tears dropped to her shirt.

Her tears that she held dropped as well.

“I love you, Kwon Yuri.”He said which surprised Yuri.

“Finally, I said it. I love you so much that it hurts me to see you talking to any guy.”He said tightening his arm around her waist.

“I know I’m being greedy but I can’t help it. I tried avoiding you to forget these feelings but I just can’t. My feelings for you are too strong.”He said.

Yuri just kept quiet. She doesn’t know what to say.

“If you don’t feel the same way, I understand. At least I said it but I hope you won’t avoid me.”He said as he took his hands away from her waist.

Yuri turns to face him and saw how red his eyes were. She chuckles a little bit and smiles.

“I love you too.”She said and tip toed to kiss him.

Both of them felt butterflies in their stomach.

“Now… We need to get your fist cleaned.”Yuri said as she glares at him.

“It’s your fault.”He said.

“It’s not my fault.”Yuri said in disbelief.

“If you didn’t hang out with Seung hyun, I would be fine.”He said.

“Stupid…”She mutters.

“Did you call your boyfriend stupid?”He asked.

“Are you my boyfriend???”Yuri teased.

“Yah!!! Yul!!!”He whines.

“Ouch…”He said holding onto his hand.

“See…”Yuri said as she took his hand to look at it.

“I love my worried girl friend.”He said hugging her.

“I miss this.”She said.

“I miss it too. Did you know how hard it was to not talk to you? I wanted to die.”He said.

“Really??? You did a great job though. It seems like you don’t really want to talk to me.”She said.

“Yah Yul!!! Stop teasing me.”He whines.

“Awww… My boyfriend is angry…”She said and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Come on. We need to go to the nurse’s office.”She said pulling him with his fine hand.

As they were about to enter the building, the bell rang.

“Class…”Yuri said and let go of Yunho’s hand.

“Are you going to leave me???”He asked while pouting.

“I might…”She said and took his hand back.

“After treating your wounds.”She said.

He suddenly hugs her real tight.

“I’m never going to let you go ever again.”He said and stayed like that for minutes.