Myungsoo

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There are a few things he was afraid to tell the world.

One was his condition. Whether or not it was depression, he knew there was something wrong with him. The days seemed darker by the minute, the night seemed to engulf every part of his body and the tears didn’t stop flowing. It was like he was trapped in a Linkin Park song, unable to get out.

Another was his obsession. Many might know, many might have realised but he had yet to admit it. His obsession with cranes, paper cranes to be exact. There would be times his mind would leave his body, his hands would move by themselves. Before he knew it, a paper crane would be sitting in front of him. Call it a habit, call it an obsession, he didn’t care.

Lastly was his love. Sweet as sugar, beautiful as a rose, lovely as spring; that was what he would say if you asked him to describe his love. However, it wasn’t ‘normal’. No, it wasn’t. His love was not meant to be… Or so they say.

Only one reason made him so afraid. He was afraid those he loved would tell him he was wrong. He was afraid they would leave him. They were afraid they would doubt him.

I’m not lying, I’ve got depression.

I’m not weird; I’m obsessed with paper cranes.

Please, don’t hate me…I love him.

To them, he was lying; to him, they were the liars.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

September 1st 2010

(10:53pm)

 

 

 

A few hours after his encounter with the boss, Myungsoo was taken into the interrogation room. No doubt the boss hated him but even then, this was going too far. He was lifted off his feet and dragged along the cold floor as he thrashed in protest. Tiny grains of sand rubbed against his knees, causing small cuts and bruises. He felt the grains rub into his cut, sawing them open but not enough to make him lose a drop of blood. He winced, murmuring small cries as they continued to pull him forward. The pain was nothing compared to what he was going to feel next.

They started with the arms. They pulled on them harshly, enough to make them nearly pop out of their sockets. A half rusted handcuff bounded the young devil’s hands together as he was hoisted upwards from the darkness engulfed ceiling. The chain was connected to a mechanism which allowed the long chain to be extended and shorten using a lever that stood proudly on the other side of the room.

“WHAT IS YOUR NAME?!” The guard shouted, whipping him with a slick black whip. Even with his armour covering every inch of his body, Myungsoo could tell the other was well built. Myungsoo screamed in pain, the whip burning the top layer of his skin like fire. Still, he kept his name to himself.

 

 

 

“None of your concern, bastard.” Myungsoo spat.

 

 

 

“You ing bastard!” The other guard shouted, pulling the lever and moving Myungsoo further upwards. His legs no longer supported him. His body was dragging him down. All of his weight now rested on his two wrists, readying to snap at any given second. They were battered and bruised, bent slightly out of shape. Myungsoo could hear it, the sound of his own bones breaking under him.

Part of him wanted to shout out to the other, telling him to hurry up and kill him but his voice was restricted to the bare minimum. With a few of his ribs fractured, cuts and bruises around his skin, it only made things worse. Cold winds which blew passed him didn’t help as it felt like a knife cutting his wounds open again and again. He was left with minimal clothing of a ripped up dirty white shirt and black crumpled jeans. They hung loosely on his now skin and boned body. Malnutrition, dehydration, Myungsoo had it all. His throats parched and soar from the lack of water and tortuous screams.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

It went on for a good 2 hours or so before the hired guards gave up. They knew Myungsoo was a stubborn one. The more they broke him, the more he dwelled into insanity. That was something they couldn’t afford to happen. Not after the bosses managed to capture them all. This chance only happened once every 100 or so years. A small up could mean their deaths. Worse comes to worse, they’ll have to kill all 7 devils and reset their cycle again. Only factor that came in their way was if they were able to all safely make it into the same life time and not be scattered around the place. But still, he did not have the strongest mind compared to the other six. They made sure to remember that. Every day was a step closer to having the power to rule the world. Every passing day was a day closer to Myungsoo giving him name to them.

 

 

 

How many times had this happened to him? How long will it continue to happen? Myungsoo hated having his questions unanswered. It was worse than being tortured. It was torture itself.

The sound of the winds changed its course. There was something there…or rather someone there. Myungsoo could feel it, the winds were telling him. It was time for him to be set free.

 

 

 

 

“Myung! Myung! Are you there?” A voice he knew very well spoke out to him. Though it wasn’t of his love, it was of someone he loves. The greasy lead vocal, Nam Woohyun was here. How he got there was a question for another day. 5 years had passed since he heard a voice that could only be heard in his dreams. Part of him thought he was still in one. Myungsoo tried to call out, only managing a breathless screech. He tried again, his cracked lips moving to form words.

 

 

 

“Hyung…? Woo…hyun hyu-“ Myungsoo managed to call out before drowning in a coughing fit of blood and mucus. He could feel his chest tighten as though an elephant was still right on top of him. For a split second, he found himself unable to breath and on the brink of consciousness.

 

 

 

““Don’t talk; you’ll put more strain on your body. Just answer with any noise you can make ok? 1 ring for yes, 2 for no, ok?” The visual by this time could barely hear what the other was saying. His eyes were beginning to fall back as though he was passing out. It came to him as mumbles and low tones which made no sense. Still, he could somehow figure what the lead singer was trying to do. He looked for something; anything to make some sort of sound that wouldn’t cause suspicion or put a lot of strain on him body. The pain was unbearable, is body dropped to the floor with a loud thud. *Clang!* The sounds of his chains echoed in the room.

 

 

 

“Ok, are you currently in your cell?” Woohyun had heard him. What was binding him to this dreadful hell might actually save him from it. The thought was too ironic. Myungsoo wanted to laugh. He stuck the chains again, twice this time to signal for a no. Surely Woohyun could tell where he was. It was a stupid question but none the less an important one.

 “Myung, if there was any guards around, signal to me. I’m going to get you out of there ok?” Adrenaline rushed through his blood. Get out? Were they capable of such a thing? Myungsoo couldn’t tell what Woohyun was thinking. He was known to be pretty unpredictable, sometimes more so than Sunggyu. The raven could hear the sound of footsteps coming closer. They weren’t in any rush but they were coming his way. Myungsoo knew that the word that Woohyun was missing had yet to be passed around. Mostly likely since the boss didn’t want to confirm the sinner was missing before they were 100% sure. A chance of capture was still on their side and they wouldn’t want to taint their reputation by calling for an all-party search to all the other bosses. Myungsoo could t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter