The Revolutionists

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Those who shined the brightest blinded all those who stood in their way. One was the sun, and the other was the moon. Inseparable was who they were, just like the others in the group. They completed each other and the thought of not having the other was unthinkable.

However, unlike the others, they were the light. The only one who could bring those in the dark, back.

That was why they were chosen to collect, specifically him. Their fate had been decided the moment they were born.

 

 

Light trumps Darkness. Love trumps Hate.

 

That was what his Grandfather always taught him.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

November 11th 2010

(Time: Unknown)

 

 

 

He remembered not liking it when they were chosen to guard him. As he remembered, it was said his temper was incredibly bad, or at least the worst out of the seven of them. Why me? Why us? The others could do it right? I mean, Suho was always better at dealing with troublesome people. He didn’t know why but he disliked the idea more than anything. Rather, he would prefer to swim in an ice cold lake for an hour, given the opportunity of choice.

 

 

 

"Please! Why don't you let Suho hyung look after him instead? I mean, he's always better at dealing with people like him. Besides, B-" The caramel locks complained. Despite being taller than the other, he was in no ways ‘bigger’. The pale beauty was a weakness to everyone, being like a mother to the group of boys. He knew not to comprise with him but it was better than meeting with their leader in person. In the end, he would be the one to pull out of the argument first despite having started it.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry Chanyeol but a 'No' is a 'No'. There is nothing we can do about it. The Leader put you two to guard him because he knows you’re his best choice. He believes that you’ll be able to guard him when the time comes." Their second in command answered. For a while, he swore he would never speak to any of them again. As time went by, nothing mattered anymore. The choice of guarding him out of the seven of them was no longer a big deal. After all, the mentors would say, they are still humans at the end of the day. After accepting his fate, he gave it his best when it came to his studies and training for the day he would be of use.

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

He had been waiting for that day for God knows how many years. All that training, all those hardships, finally he was able to put it to use. He thought he was ready but the moment when he received the message, his heart dropped into his stomach. What if I wasn't ready? What if I mess up? What if I get my partner hurt? All those questions crowded his mind; much like the people did in Seoul. Part of him was ready to pack his bags and run away but that wasn’t a choice for him. He was no coward.

 

 

 

August 26th 2010

(18:10pm)

 

 

 

They sat there for what felt like forever as the blood pressure machine was strapped to both the boy’s left arms. A loud hum came from the machine as it read their numbers. White surrounded them around the large room with two single beds with various other machines that were not in use. Windows were not present as the wall opposite them were filled with X-ray screens and photos of their previous injuries. They were all the same, the other rooms with a strong smell of anaesthetic. Like a typical hospital room which made the caramel disliked the room more than anything.

They were lodged in one of the 8 rooms located in the 3rd floor of their HQ, assigned specifically for the pair (hence the X-ray and images of them on the wall). They would be there at least once a month for their health check-ups but anytime they were injured from training or ill, they would be sent there without a second thought.

 

 

 

“It’s going to be alright. I’ll be here with you each step of the way.” The shorter said with a smile. Chanyeol had been woken from his thoughts at the sound of his partner’s voice. It wasn’t the monthly check ups the other was talking about (though there was a while when Chanyeol was absolutely terrified of them) but something else that had worried him even more. It had only been a rumour as of yet but the taller knew better than to ignore it. After all, most rumours became the truth, especially things that get passed around in the HQ. No one is idiotic enough to spread false lies as everyone’s life was at stake.

No hint of worry, no hint of uncertainty was in the shorter’s voice. It should be like that. We were trained to be prepared for this day. They trained most of their life for what was to happen and it was time to see just how much they had learnt. Still, there was doubt in the taller eyes. Maybe just maybe, I might not be strong enough. Seeing that, the shorter took his hand into the former, giving it a light squeeze.

 

 

 

“Thanks Baekhyun.” The taller thanked, tightening his grip on the dark purple’s hand. Loving stares were kept for a minute but nothing more as th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter