The Benefactors

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They had a mission sent from generations above and passed down. From their grandparents, to their parents and now to them, their mission was their destiny. Failing was not an option. Not when the Gods were looking down on them. If they needed, they would kill.

But

One did not belong here.

That was something the others didn’t know.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

August 31st 2013

(18:01pm)

 

 

 

White masks covered their faces to hide their true selves as they sat in their assigned seats around the white marbled round table. All of them kept an eye on each other, moving from person to person as they try to figure out what the other was thinking. It had been 10 minutes yet no one dared to say a word. All wore black except for the lady in red and the man in white. Without realising, they settled their gaze on the man in white, including those belonging to the lady in red.

Roomed in a smile place in the man in white’s mansion, they sat in near darkness. Candle light were places around the room but gave out minimal flame. Figures of gold were places on podiums in each corner of the room while two large vases filled with long stemmed flowers stood on either side of the entrance. There was only one door which was unusual for a mansion of this size. Despite the lack of light, the seven of them could see each other as clear as day. Their surroundings became a blur or rather; they only focused on things they wanted to specifically see. Everything else was became unnecessary to them. Other than their white masks, the features that stood out were the Lady’s red dress, the man’s white suit and the boy’s bleach blonde hair.

 

 

 

“Are you sure about this?” The lady in red spoke first questioning their talk from a moment ago. She moved her jet black hair to one side as she did so. Her question was aimed at the man in white but no reply came from the latter. Instead, a child-like grin came to his face as he tilted his head ever so softly. The smile itself was gentle almost scarily so to the others as they saw no hidden emotions masked behind the gesture. Despite that, they all knew that nothing was what it looked on the outside. Just because they couldn’t look beyond their masks doesn’t mean it wasn’t possible to do so. However, the man in white was always the most difficult yet simplest to read. A walking hyperbole, they would say.

Just as the man opened his mouth to speak, another intervened. The lady in red swore she saw the man in white’s face drop with anger but she wasn’t sure under the dimly lit room. Whatever it was she saw, she was only allowed a split second viewing of it. A shiver was felt going down her spine and it was not from the next person’s voice. Casting it aside, she focused her attention on the new speaker of the room.

 

 

 

“We have no choice! We need to do it NOW!” Short with temper, the light brunette stood up with a bang and spoke with urgency. He left no openings for the other benefactors to step in. Fire burned in his eyes that showed determination but the others knew what was hidden behind those fiery burns.

“Those dirty sinners shouldn’t be breathing the same air as us! We can’t let them have their way anymore, we have to take them! WAITING IS NOT AN OPTION ANYMORE!” Going against the fire was something they couldn’t do, not even the lady who wore fire on her skin. After all, her brother was someone even the great Lady could not handle. Not that anyone else knew, of course.

There had been a moment of silence as the other’s absorbed what the other had to say. An act of impatience which everyone could see for the man wasn’t the best when it came to exactly that. The lady breathed in a sigh before speaking.

 

 

 

“Sit down, Vaan.” She ordered. Another shiver was felt down her spine and this time, she was sure it was not an illusion. Come to you sense little brother, she thought to herself.

Without a face, they were without a name. Slowly, they names because something they treasured more than their lives. Their names were the only thing weighing them down to the level of humanity. However, without it, they were Gods. Seeing that weakness, the man in white proposed to give them new names. Like their captives, they too bore the names of their sins. Slowly, their weaknesses disappeared into nothingness. Once again, they descended to the heavens with nothing being able to stop them in their mission. Now, it was only a matter of time before they could bring forth the sinned and have their

 

 

 

“Don’t tell me what to do Ria.” He spat without any formalities, earning a scolding look from the lady. Just before she could stand up to scold the other, the masked man sitting opposite to the Lady in red aka Ria, stood up first. He was a man who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter