Sunggyu

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He sought, he fought and he protected. However, nothing was good enough. In the end, he still lost. He lost his lover, his family and his friends. Everything was gone.

No, he wasn’t going to give up. He had a promise to fulfil. The ring was not yet on his finger, the name not yet on his name.

But the end was nigh. The sky told him so, the wind whispered to him. Everything was going to change. He had to make sure of it.

It all started with a secret. A secret only he knew.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

September 2nd 2013

(1:50am)

 

 

 

Sunggyu couldn’t sleep. The winds had been restless around him, making him feel uneasy. Like little balls of light they floated around him gently, as if to keep him company. The day he was put into the cells was the very day he found out he could see them. They had been a good way to pass time down in the cells where time was practically none existent. The only way to tell was through the setting and rising of the sun that shone above him through the small cracks in the walls.

Not a second after sundown, the lights began to change their course. From the normal laid back feel to now, the violent, sporadic movements that made Sunggyu incredibly confused. Jumping, swaying from side to side around Sunggyu like a hyper firefly that’s had a little too much sugar, the devil continued to watch them intensely. He didn’t know what they were reacting to but he knew it was something important. Whether it was good or bad that remained to be seen.

Hours had passed and the Leader couldn’t pry his small piercing eyes away from their pale yellow light. He lay down on his bed, his right hand cushioning his head and his left beside him as he watched the lights dance around him in a circular motion.

 

 

 

“What’s wrong?” He questioned. As he watched, one little light strayed from the group, moving closer to Sunggyu’s face. It jumped and flickered like a little someone he knew, as if it was calling out to him. He smiled, finding the light more amusing than he should. Sunggyu lifted his left arm to poke the little light. This finger came in contact with it and an electrical current shocked his entire body. Suddenly, his mind went blank and his whole body froze. It took approximately 2 seconds for him to gain back some sense of reality.

 

 

 

“HEY! WAKE UP! WAKE UP! PLEASE!” He heard someone calling him. The voice was close by, as if right next to him. Sunggyu knew who it was. He knew very well who it was. There was no mistaking it. It was him.

 

 

 

“Woo-hyun?” The voice that came out from his lips was not his own. He couldn’t grasp who’s it was as his mind was still trying to figure what was going on around him. How can he hear Woohyun’s voice? Why is he calling him, telling him to wake up? He was awake a moment ago. What? What’s happening? Sunggyu tried to call for him again but his throat was dry and all he could let out was irregular small gasps.  

 

 

 

“MYUNG? MYUNG! HEY! WAKE UP!” Another jolt was sent to his body and everything turned black again. Through the darkness, Sunggyu could see a faint light in front of him. His instinct was to walk towards it. The light grew brighter with every step. Soon, he was engulfed in it.

Sunggyu jumped up from his bed, covered in his own sweat. The lights were no longer there but the tingling feeling was still very fresh in his body. He felt as though his heart was about to jump out from his chest, beating over 130bmps. His breathing was short and shallow. Myung? Myungsoo? He thought to himself in a dazed manner. Sunggyu swallowed hard and took a deep breath while closing his eyes to try and calm himself down. 1, 2, 3, he whispered under his breath. Once he opened his eyes, the world around him seemed a little clearer.

 

 

 

“Woohyun?” He gently whispered, unsure to what was going on. The redhead looked around, scanning the area of his cell.

“WOOHYUN?!” He shouted around, jumping from his bed. Doubt was there. Maybe his mind was playing tricks on him. 5 years without his lover was hard and it was only a matter of time before the young leader broke. No, Sunggyu knew how strong he was. 5 years was nothing. His experiences with his past lives and now had only made him stronger. 5 years in this hell wasn’t going to make him lose his mind so quickly. No, Woohyun isn’t here. There is no way he would be here. Sunggyu walked closer to the metal poles that kept him in his place here in the cells. The redhead grabbed it, knowing the coldness of the poles would bring him back. It was no joke. The cold bars stung him like a bee before the coldness finally reaching the palm of his hands and slivered around his whole body. A small hiss left his lips but he was awake. This was his reality. A reality he wished he could get out of. He closed his eyes, calming his heart.

 

 

 

“MYUNGSOO!” Sunggyu turned to the call despite not being his name. The voice was ghostly and almost like an echo but loud enough for Sunggyu to hear it’s desperate cries. It’s him again! It’s Woohyun! That was no dream. That is not my reality but that is their reality, both Woohyun’s and Myungsoo’s. The redhead thought.

Sunggyu came up with a theory. He must have drifted out of his body and into Myungsoo’s body for that split second. The lights had guided him to the two devils through their souls. The Leader knew of his and the visual’s connection from way back as many a times in their past lives, they had been brothers. The group knew that and was always weary of it i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter