Dongwoo

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tiring was an understatement. Everything he wanted, everything he needed was right in front of him. If only he could just reach out and catch it.

 

 

Believe me, he tried.

He tried but he failed.

It was right in front of him but even then, he still couldn’t get a hold of it.

 

 

                Maybe they were right all along. He was just a failure who couldn’t use his talent in the right way. Sure he had it but he could never showcase it. People laughed at him, called him names mixed in with the songs of praise. Everything fell on his ears. He was not deaf.

 

 

Still he smiled through. Through the pain and through the sorrow.

Because that was all he could do

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

September 2nd 2013

 (Time: 01:00am)

 

 

“I will kill you all.”

 

 

Coldness ran through his body with a shiver but he wasn’t afraid of it. Living so long in the cold only made him more use to it. Dongwoo had been lifted from the floor and onto the bed of his cell by one of the guards during his slumber. At least they still had an ounce of humanity left in them, he thought. Much preferring the hardness of his bed than the cold, unforgiving floor. He was happy to have woken up in some kind of comfort, whatever little there was of it. His body was sore all over. With a light groan, the man sat up. One hand keeping him balanced while the other clutched the side of his torso.

He looked up at the small window located directly above him. The moon was shiny above but the body of it, Dongwoo couldn’t see. The window was too high for him to see anything on the other side of it. Its light shone through, creating beams down the small opening. It was almost welcoming, like the warmth of the sunlight that shone during the peak of summer. The deep-blue haired male became mesmerised by it but not for long. All of a sudden, a voice came to him like a needle to the heart.

 

 

“No…” The voice called out breathlessly. Instantly, he threw himself off his bed as through a bullet had just entered him. He knew what it was. It was a cry for help. He was in danger, he was hurt.

An ‘umpft’ whispered through his lips as landed with a louder thud that followed right after. The sound echoed in the prison dungeon and for a bit, all he could hear was the sound of his heart pulsating through his ribcage. He waited for a bit, frozen stiff. Luckily, the sound didn’t alert anyone who could be guarding the area. In fact, the prison felt awfully empty. It was strange.

 

 

“I need to leave…” While he muttered hoarsely, his cold breath was visible from the sudden temperature drop. Not noticing it until now was his brain trying to protect his body from the cold but his body couldn’t lie. He had become accustomed to it when this happened and was able to act upon it. Even if it was in the middle of the night, it was too cold. The start of winter was never this cold. Not in the years he spent in the prison. Not ever.

Grabbing onto a water bottle from his secret stash, he downed it all in one go. It helped sooth his dry throat but didn’t help warm his freezing body as the liquid made its way down to his stomach. He shivered from the uncomfortable feeling. Standing up, his legs almost gave out momentarily. He needed to tell them, tell them about the dream and about their brother. How had he not have seen it earlier? No, he had seen it earlier. Dongwoo remembered it. The dream, he had dreamt it before some time ago, before they were captured. How could he have forgotten it? Dreams always told a story and behind that story was a warning. Someone somewhere was warning him of the events that were to happen or was happening. He had to tell someone of what were to happen. If not, history would only repeat itself.

 

 

Dongwoo limped his way to the metal bars that surrounded his cell. His left leg was still asleep from the aesthetic that was injected into his body god knows how long ago. Though it was mild and most of the medicine had been rid of, his leg was still affected by it. Small, the limp was but unneeded when planning an escape.

Running his hand through the cold bangs, they clang one by one. It was a feeling he wouldn’t not miss if he actually managed to escape. Dongwoo clutched onto one, banging onto it as hard as he could, in hopes someone would answer in annoyance.

 

 

“HEY! LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT!” He shouted from the top of his lungs. Slamming the bars five times in total, he waited for a bit. Constant shouting and banging would only cause him to waste energy he didn’t really have. He was to make a scene, wait and then if no one responds, try again. It was more efficient. Sunggyu had taught him that.

Half an hour had passed and no one had burst in to tell him to stop the ruckus. It was a first for him to not to be constantly guarded at all time. It gave him a sense of relief as well as foreboding. He could

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter