Hoya

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Though they all deny it, favouritism is a thing. To be ahead, to be the one, they are those who get the perks. Those who admit it, see it. Those who deny it, deny the world. After all, this is the world we live in. Where the favourites are put first and the others are left behind to rot. But, is that true?

Are those left to rot always left behind?

Or are they let to allow them to experience first-hand, what the world truly is?

 

 

He fights for them all but he knows those are lies. He fights for that one; he knows that is the truth. No matter what, he will protect the others one way or the other. But he knows, he will always put that one first. He wants to apologise to the others but he feels no guild. After all, he is what made him what he is today.

Weaknesses are to be laughed at; strength is to be desired. Do not back down, do not hesitate. Stand tall and stand proud; those are the words a wise man once spoke of.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

September 1st 2013

(22:45pm)

 

Age: 22

 

      Ignoring the guard dress in full gear with a sniper in his hand that stood right beside him on the other side of the cell poles, he continued to work out. Doing one handed push ups had become the norm and a daily routine. Out of the 7 of them, his powers were known to be the weakest. No, being weak was just an excuse. For Hoya, it was an excuse to get stronger. Most of his powers were already awaken and there was no possibility of strengthening it. He had tried and he had failed. The other’s tried to help too but their hard work was left unrewarded. Hoya was the weakest in magical power. Therefore he decided to work on his mind and body. Where one part is weak, another is powerful or at least, has the chance to be.

 

 

"Your time is up." The guard announced, looking at the watch on his wrist. Hoya lifted himself up using his knees, bringing out the old ‘Scorpion’ dance move he loved so much. He let out a loud huff. He clasped his hands together, dusting off what he managed to pick up from the dirty floor. Smiling to himself, it was another great work out. His arms felt tense, stretched and overall firm. Leg muscles had a small pain to them but it never did hurt like it did before. Furthermore, his defined abs felt stronger than ever. He felt strong; he is strong. Something about this made him want to test exactly how strong he had become but he chose to refrain from hurting anyone. 5 years had passed, he would let one kill ruin all his hard work. Their maknae would be proud, Hoya thought.

 

 

      They went through the dimly lit dirty hallway. The windows were opened, letting in a strong draft. Hoya could see the red cotton curtains move up and down in time with the wind. A small peak from the corner of his eye allowed him to see the outside scenery during the midnight. It was beautiful. He wondered if Sungjong could see what he saw. Something about him must be lucky, being able to see a glimpse of the outside as he walked to and from this cell to the gym and back again. It wasn't after a year of requesting after staying in that cell without much do for half a year did they finally allow him the use of a small gym located down the hall from the basement cell. The gym was always like a second home to him but now that he had more time, he could do something useful. That meant getting stronger so he could protect the others. Hoya was 100% sure they were going to find each other again. That also meant they were going to have to fight again. History will not repeat itself. Next time, they will win.

"Stay awake for the next hour. The boss needs to have a word with you." The guard announced as they continued their walk to the cells. Hoya knew exactly what the guard meant. ‘The boss needs to have a word with you.’ That meant they were here to bargain something at a large price. The price being none other than revealing his true name to the boss. Their bargains were always cruel, offering up the deepest desires he had tucked away deep in his heart. It was unknown to him how the bosses managed to get such detailed information on them but he knew none of them wouldn’t say anything. He just knew it.

 

 

"You can tell him I don't want to." He walked inside his cell, not looking back at the guard as he jumped on his bed, nearly falling asleep in the process. The bed wasn’t practically warm but it was another favourite place of Hoya’s. It allowed him to think, imagine and go back to the place he so rightly belonged at. Though his thoughts were usually disturbed by the loud clanging of the metal polls which brought the cell together, he didn’t mind it. That minute, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter