Sungyeol

Pandora's Box
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘This is a man's world. But it won't mean nothing without a woman, or a girl.’

 

He didn't need anything other than him. He didn't want anything other that him. But he wasn't his. He already belonged to someone else. It pained him so but he didn't care. As long as they were together, as long as he smiled, there was nothing he wasn't willing to do.


There comes a time when the heart won over the brain. He wasn't willing to lose. He knew, as much as his heart wanted it, it would betray him to give up so easily. 

 

 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

September 1st 2013  


(23:15)

 

 

Sungyeol watched with suspicious eyes as one of the four guards began two speak. They had disturbed his reading time which annoyed him but chose to not show it on his face. He continued to stay sitting near his bed as he watched the 5 outside his cell. The dark brunette was always on the more passive side of the bunch. Though incredibly competitive, he wasn't one to start a fight for no reason. He would leave that to someone else who would normally be Woohyun as the man loved some attention. 

 

 

 

“Hello Sungyeol-ssi. We are here to make a proposal.” He heard one of the guards say. The four guards stood in front of the man in a line, no doubt guarding the latter. From the wall they created, Sungyeol couldn't quite see the other but was sure that it was his ‘benefactor’ who was standing behind them. Only the white from his mask could be seen from the small openings of the human wall. A brow cocked up as the words of the guard began registering in his mind. A smile left his lips as he turned his head back to his newly obtained book. 

 

 

 

“Leave.” Sungyeol muttered under his breath in a strict tone. Before the guards could accuse him of being rude in the presence of his benefactor, a sudden temperature rise filled the whole dungeon. Around Sungyeol, yellow sparks began floating around him as the boring cement coloured walls turned a glowing fiery red. The guards began coughing as their sweat began to evaporate and condense around the area which separated their clothed skin from their heavy armour. The air began to thicken and turn humid, causing breathing problems to the four as the dropped to the floor gasping for what little oxygen they could salvage in the state. The masked man however stayed standing as droplets of sweat began to fall down his sculptured face and onto the crisp black suit which he donned. The smile he had didn't leave his face as he watched the young devil do his worst in his condition. 

 

 

 

“Sungyeol-ssi, I would be forever grateful if you refrained from killing my employees.” Slowly, the sparks began to die one after the other. The redness of the walls began to fade back to their original grey and the temperate began to slowly level out. He could hear the guards gasping in relief as they levelled out their breathing whilst filling their lungs with the newly obtained oxygen. Sungyeol didn't spare the man a glance as his powers began to disperse into nothingness. 


“Thank you.” The man spoke one again one the dungeon was back it its original state. His voice was unbelievable low, making Sungyeol assume that the other had taken one of those pills which altered ones voice for a specific amount of time. He had read about it in his daily reads as he was able to be blessed with a newspaper every morning and his occasional book when he was able to nag his way into getting one. The guards had to learn the hard way when it came to how persistent Sungyeol was.


Unlike the rest of the sinners, Sungyeol had it rather easy. He was blessed with two full meals a day and sometimes if he was lucky, a third. The guards all despised him and did everything in their power to avoid the devil which meant that his meals were sometimes forgotten but he was never tortured or beaten into releasing his name. Occasionally, he would hear a guard or two bad mouth him but nothing worse than that in terms of punishment for being what he was. Truth be told, Sungyeol readied himself to be taken in for torture but gave up after a while thinking that maybe they thought he wasn't worth the time. The devil hated the benefactor like the rest of them as it was he who separated the seven sinners but the man wasn't as bad as the others and the young devil could feel it. In fact, Sungyeol had barely met him enough times to actually figure the man out. After all, this was the second time the man had appeared in front of him. The first, being on the battle field 5 years prior. He could hear the time ticking in his internal clock as the silence engulfed them. 

 

 

 

“What do you want?” Sungyeol asked as he set his book on the bed and walked over to the metal bars that separated him and the outside world. The man raised his hand before doing a waving motion as he ordered the guards away. He and the devil continued on with their staring competition as the four guards left one by one.

 

 

 

“As my employee announced, we wish to make a proposal.” He could hear the playfulness emit from the man's tone, hidden within its low frequency. Sungyeol didn't like the fact that the man us

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter