Cold Air

Angel's Feather

~Eva~

It's break time. I've make sure BaekHyun was not within my sight or anywhere near me as I sneak out of the class to my new hiding place. Seems like everyone just can guess that the sky garden is my favourite place to be. 

I open the door gently and settle myself down on to the fake grass patch. It's the school indoor planetarium. Which is vacant all the time except at night. Where couples will decides to stay back after school to enjoy the starry sky. But in a afternoon break like this, they would all rather hang out with their friends elsewhere. 

I push myself to lie down when I heard a shuffling noise behind me which cause me to sit up. I turn around and realized a familiar figure was limping towards the door. 

"Sehun!" I called out to him. "Where are you going?"

"Out." He coldly reply me before limping away again. It hurts, definitely. He used to follow around me like a a happy puppy, but now he seems like a guy who couldn't stand the sight of me. 

"It's alright! You can use here. I'll go!" I shout out to him which halt him in his steps. His injury is not heal yet, he shouldn't walk around that much. 

I walk past him when what he ask me froze me in my steps. 

"That kiss...am I being too full of myself? You never like me before right? It's always BaekHyun. From the very start." I didn't reply him but continue walking my way out. I don't want to say anything that will hurt both our feelings. On top of that, I don't want to show tears that is already starting to make it's way to my eyes. 

"You know what Eva. I will get out from your life from now on. Enjoy with BaekHyun." Sehun said that which struck like an arrow towards my heart literally. But I still continue walking calmly, making a run now would seems I am affected by it.

"Thanks." I close the door shut.

I walk pass the cafeteria when I feel a pair of arm engulfing me from behind. Stopping me in my track.
"Hey baby!" It's that voice.

"What do you want?" I snap at him, totally not in the mood to be bother by him. Still keeping the tears in my eyes.

"Is that how you speak to your boyfriend?" He tighten the hug and give me a slight threatening tone.

"Yes, that's how I speak." I open up my arms and push away his hands. He stumble back abit. "BaekHyun, leave me alone. At least for now." I continue my way, leaving a surprise BaekHyun behind me. 

My tears finally decides to flow out. Everything feels so hurtful. I just want to bury myself now. I was walking towards the nearest toilet, but I'm not looking ahead at all. That's when I bump into a chest. I look up and see...

"Lay!" I threw my arms around his waist and cry in his chest. Luckily the hallway was vacant since everyone is either out in the field or cafeteria. 

"Shhh, shhh. I know what happened. Everything is gonna be alright." Lay hush me with his usual gentle voice. One of his hand were rubbing my back and another patting my head. I didn't hush down but cried harder. It's too painful to hold back.

 

-Sehun-

Break time over and I've return to class. The first thing I saw was Eva's vacant seat. Seems like she skip out the rest of the day again. But on my seat, there's some ointment and bandage that suddenly appear there. Who would left them here for me? I look around my class room. It's must be one of the girls.

It's Mr.Lay lesson now, for some reason, he came in with a super glum face. Guess we are having the same feeling now. Although his seems a little worse than mine.

For the whole lesson, Mr Lay just let us do self-revision. But at the end of class, he called BaekHyun out to speak with him privately. So everyone's favourite is BaekHyun now? Just wow.

...

The moment I open my door, I was greeted by my mother who is sitting on the sofa watching the television. 

"So how did it go, son?" She asked my gently. I didn't reply her but just walk towards her. I settle myself beside her before sobbing onto her shoulder. I just don't want to say anything right now.

"It's alright Sehun. It's alright." My mother pat my head gently. It's as if she knows what happened. I guess she does. 

"Hey, I done preparing the dinner to celebrate Sehun's-" Luhan immediately stop his sentence once he saw the scene after running out from the kitchen. He walk over to the us on the couch and pat my back. Silence assurance is just what I needed now. 

 

~Eva~ 

I left some bandage and ointment on Sehun's desk as I pack up my bag and leave. Thanks to Lay for giving me the green-light to go home as he said he will settle my absence for me. 

As I was standing outside my door house, I pray hard Chen is not in. 

The moment I open my door, a figure run toward me, "baby sister!~" guess my prayer is not answer. 

As Chen was about to hug me, he halted in his steps. "Why are you eyes so red and puffy?" He asked worriedly.

I just smile and brush past him. "My eyes are quite easily irritated recently."

"Tell me the truth. Now." His voice commanding me.

"Really it's just irritated eyes!" I tried to assure him. But once I meet his still stern face, I've know I fail. 

Knowing how stubborn I was, he decides to give up and just walk towards me. Every step he takes is a step closer to finding the truth. I knew what he was gonna do. As I was about to run upstairs, Chen grab my hand and spin me around. He caught my neck and push our forehead to touch.

"Don't..." It's the last thing I whisper out before my world fall in darkness.