Pair up

Angel's Feather

-Sehun-

Every starts to swirl as I realize I'm back looking at Chen'a face. He let go of my head gently and hung his head down.

"That's a tough past." I tried to break the silence. 

"I've show you all this is because I want you to help Eva shed away that past. It seems she's haunt by it." Chen give me a gentle smile. 

"Wait a minute!" I suddenly realize and remember something. "Aren't Eva and BaekHyun together right now?! I have seen them together in school!"

"What?! He approaches her?!" He look at me with his eye wide open.

"I'm not-"

"Please, Sehun! No matter what, don't let BaekHyun hurt her again!" He was holding onto my hand tightly while looking at me with the eyes like a puppy that has been abandoned.

"I-"

"Please!"

"Promise..." If Chen is being so defensive, I'm sure BaekHyun and Eva are no longer couple...but why are they still seen together? There must be more to meet than the eyes.

...

I laid in my bed tossing and turning as I can't sleep. I just can't stop thinking about her. The Eva who is so naive and cheerful become someone who is stone-heart and cold today...BaekHyun. Did you realize what you have done? But are they together right now? If they are, shouldn't it make sense I don't get involve? But Chen wants me to look out for Eva...wait. If BaekHyun wants 10 demons girls instead of Eva, what's his motive this time? I'm so gonna protect Eva.

 

-Eva-

I slowly open my eyes and stare at the familiar ceiling...seems like I'm brought back home...but by who?

Suddenly I heard the turning of the  door knob and I turn over to see Lay and Chen entering the room. I sat up as they lay the dinner on my bedside table.

"How are you feeling little sister?" Chen said as he settle down on my bed beside and bring me in to his hug. 

"Fine...just a little bit tired. By the way, how did I came back?"

"Oh, Sehun brought you home. He  piggyback you all the way~" Chen teases me.

"Eva, eat the dinner while it's still hot alright? Me and Chen will wash up the dishes." Lay break in to Chen's teasing and tell me. Thanks Lay.

"Eh? Why me too?" Chen whine. 

"Stop talking!" And he is drag out by Lay. I chuckled to myself softly. Some things just never change. The playful prince and the serious servant is just one of them. 

Sehun piggyback me...did I drool on his back? That will be so embarassing. 

Suddenly I heard a soft meow beside me. Snow crawl toward me and jump on my lap, looking up at me with her kitty eyes.

"Aww snow~ I guess I didn't"

...

The next school day. I was expecting some peace when suddenly a hand tap my should and I turn around. It was him. My heart was beating wildly.

"How are you feeling, better?" His innocent eyes look at me.

"Yeah. Thanks for last Friday." I quickly turn around and walk off. Although my heart is happy seeing him, my mind didn't forgot that I was suppose to be away from him. 

"Wait Eva!" He suddenly grab my wrist. No, Sehun. You aren't doing any good to me now. 

"You wanna visit the children tomorrow? They miss you..." He look at me with his puppy eyes.

"I will think about it. Class gonna starts soon. I will go first." I was about to shake him off when he suddenly said.

"Oh, let's go together. We're in the same class anyway." He smile at me and walk ahead, leading the way. Nice excuse, Eva.

...

"So for this class, it's gonna be pair run again! Aren't you guys excited?!" That same annoying teacher again was speaking excitedly.

While everyone was busying choosing their partner, I was trying to sneak my way out.

"Eva! Let's pair up!" And I was drag away by a strong pair of hands before I could answer. He straight away tie the rope on our ankle when I was dumbfounded. 

"Let's do our best alright!" He smile at me. That bright dazzling smile that use to annoy me so much. From around me, I could hear the jealous gossips and whisper about me.

"Sehun, I'm not in the-"

"Yeah! I'm not in the mood to lose too. I don't wanna sweep the whole court!" Sehun was so hype up for some reason that I just decides to give in. It's no use quarreling with a person who's all ears is block.

I look up ahead and meet my eyes with BaekHyun. I was scared and immediately look away. It was so obvious he was angry. Sehun. Please be safe somehow during the run. 

 

-Sehun-

"So for this class, it's gonna be pair run again! Aren't you guys excited?!" The teacher exclaim excitedly.

As soon as the partner search begin, girls starts to crowd around me. But my eyes was actually searching for Eva. To say the truth, the girls are starting to annoyed me a bit now, but thanks to BaekHyun for being in our class, already half of the girls were swarming over him. 

After a few minutes, my eyes landed on a sneaking figure. I was about to walk my way over when I spot BaekHyun making his way over too. No way that I'm gonna let you get to her before me.

I break in to a run towards Eva an grab her wrist, "Eva! Let's pair up!" Of course I'm not gonna let her reply me cause I know she will reject it for sure. I immediately get the rope from the teacher and tie our ankle together. Oh my, we are tied together~ Okay Sehun. Stop being a kid. 

I starts to hear unkind whispers towards Eva. Gosh, these girls are so immature. 

"Sehun, I'm not in the-" Eva started but was immediately cut ff by me. 

"Yeah! I'm not in the mood to lose too. I don't wanna sweep the whole court!" Of course there's no way I want to lose the precious chance of us being together. Eva sigh in defeat which I was gleeful about. Out of the corner of my eyes I can see BaekHyun's stare that is full of daggers flying towards me. But...who cares. 

I notice Eva suddenly keep looking down and I immediately know the reason. I took her hand, which she didn't shake away, and guide her to the starting line. Eat that, BaekHyun. Bleh.