The Confession

I Can Never Stop Loving You : The Flashback
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


[Goguma Subs] MBC We Got Married S2 EP 51 by gogumasubs

*flashback*

“I’m really touched...” said Seohyun while reading the card on the bouquet; her first bouquet. She was really touched by the small surprise Yonghwa gave her. The pink guitar was totally unexpected. But foremost, the words that were written on that small piece of card were more unbelievable.  

“Now I can really take you home.” Yonghwa’s eyes were focusing on the road. He was proud of himself, now be able to drive Seohyun home with his own car. Although there was unexplained sadness in his heart, there was nothing he can do. They were no longer ‘together’.   

As the car moving, so did the conversation between them two. He was trying to make sure the conversation didn’t easily end; the goguma, the hamburger, the scarf etc. He wanted to keep talking to his ‘wife’, teasing her, listen to her laugh, and see her pure smile.

“What are you going to do, Seo Joohyun? Your life will get so boring without me.” Yonghwa looked at rear mirror on the left side. He was avoiding from looking at her. The closer they were to the destination, the heavier he felt in his heart.

“I know.” Seohyun on the other hand, felt the same burden as Yonghwa. After spending almost a year together, she used to his playful side; his mischievous act, his teasing joke. “And what will you do without someone to keep nagging you?” She blurted the question as her eyes were looking straight on the road.

Yonghwa lost his word. It took him quite awhile to respond to the question. Honestly, deep inside he really didn’t know what to do or how he was going to spend his day without it. He knew he will misses such thing...he will misses Seohyun.

******

 

“Seohyun?” called Yonghwa, breaking the silence as he glanced at Seohyun who was sitting silently on the passenger seat beside him. She didn’t talk much once they’d enter the car. “Seo Joohyun-ssi?”

“Yes, Oppa?” Seohyun turned her head to Yonghwa. She was lost in her thought. The journey reminded her to their WGM farewell. She remembered the mix feeling she had on that day. She couldn’t understand the feeling but she learnt something from it; it was hurt to depart from someone you cared. It might be a fake marriage, but the emotion isn’t. The conclusion, breakup is hurt. “What did you say?”

“I thought you're falling asleep. I sort of heard someone snoring.” said Yonghwa jokingly.  

“Yah, how can I snore if I’m not even sleeping?” Seohyun softly slapped his arm.

Yonghwa chuckled as he glanced at her. He missed being ‘slapped’ by her.  “You’re pretty quiet tonight. Am I becoming so boring to you?”

“It’s not like that. There’s something crossed my mind, that’s all.”

Seohyun chuckled silently. At that moment, they were changing glances while smiling at each other.

“So...care to tell me what’s been lingering in your mind? Let me guess, you’re thinking of an excuse to escape from your unnies interrogation?” Yonghwa grinned.

“Not really but I do need to prepare myself to answer them. Thousand of questions will be shooting at me once I got home.” Seohyun’s eyes were back to front mirror, watching the lights that illuminate the city of Seoul.

They finally reach the destination; Seohyun’s dorm. Yonghwa slowed down the car and stopped nearby the main gate. “Here we are.” He smiled and stole a glance at her. He looked around the place from inside the car. Everything was pretty much the same “Just like the old time, isn’t it? But without huge teddy bear this time.”

Seohyun giggled while unbuckling the seat belt. “Thanks oppa. Thanks for the ride and the dinner.”

“Actually, thanks to you. Thanks for your time and for agreeing to have a dinner with me.” Yonghwa looked at her as he beamed of happiness. He was extremely happy when Seohyun finally agreed to go out with him.

Seohyun smile back to him. If it wasn’t because of Hyoyeon, she might not agree to see him. She was having issues with her own heart for quite weeks. A part of her wanted to meet him badly while another part was in total confusion.  “I really enjoy our time tonight. In fact, it did feels like the old time. I can’t stop thinking about the day you drive me home on our last day.”

“Ooohhh...” Yonghwa nodded repeatedly. “The huge teddy bear, a bouquet, the dog dolls; your seat were cramped.”

Seohyun responded with a smile. “I can’t forget that night.”

“How was the pink guitar? Still have it? I heard you’ve bought a new one.”

“Of course I still have it. It’s the most memorable gift to me, probably the most expensive one I ever receiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter