Unexpected Encounter III

I Can Never Stop Loving You : The Flashback
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stood there like a statue as he watched her slowly disappear from the room. All he could feel at the time was heartache. He took a very deep breath and closed his eyes, tried to think normally. He was contemplating what he should do. At the moment he realized that he could lose her again. Or maybe it was too late.

****

“If I want to be with someone else, I wouldn’t bother come here and talk to you. In fact, I’m here to tell you that I LOVE YOU!”

****

The words she said kept repeating in his head and it makes him numb. He always knew how Seohyun cares for him, but never once he expected she would really confessed her feeling, especially after the fight they had. Mix feeling struck him like a heavy storm.

By the time reality snapped back, he realized he was too late to chase her. But he also realized there was no point standing there and doing nothing to fix the problem. If he let her go again, he probably wouldn’t get another chance. There was no time to waste or he will lose her forever. He ran out from the room to the basement of the building; to the parking lot. Instead of using the elevator, he took the staircase down to the basement. Once he reached the parking lot, with panting breath, he looked to the leaf and right; searching for Seohyun’s car. He had no idea if she was still there but he needed to make sure.  

After quite a few minutes searching around the area, he stopped and leaned against a wall. He was panting heavily. He took a deep breath and let it go slowly. At that time, he was sure she’d already left.  He knew he just ruined a chance to fix their relationship. Unknowingly, tears started to form in his eyes. His heart was filled with sadness and regret. His knees felt so weak he can barely stand up properly. It was way too painful compared to anything he had been through before.  He slid down against the wall and hugged his knees as he couldn’t control himself anymore.  “Seohyunnnn…” He screamed his heart out as the tears fell. The silent parking lot echoed with his voice. He didn’t care if there were people heard him or even look at him. All he wanted is to let go of the frustration. He didn’t know what more he could do to bring her back.

After a brief moment of sobbing of regret, he was back to his composure-self. He tilted up his head and wiped his wet face, still leaning against the wall to support his weak self. He took out his phone from his jeans pocket and dialed Seohyun’s number. He waited on the long dialing tone, but it went to the voice mail. He dialed again, but he still couldn’t get through. But he won’t give up. Maybe if he couldn’t talk to her on the phone, he ought to do something. He pressed re-dial for the tenth time and the connection was no longer there. She must’ve turned off the phone. He couldn’t help but felt so devastated by his own dumbness.

 

A WEEK PASSED…

With a heavy step, Seohyun lazily walked out of her room. She got no schedule on that day so she decided to stay at home. As she walked to the living hall, she glanced at the kitchen and saw her mother cleaning the kitchen counter.  She then slumped herself on the couch and sighed.

“Joohyun dear…” Mrs. Seo called for her daughter. A faint smile appeared on her face as she glanced at her downhearted daughter on the couch. She knew the reason why she acted that way. Her broken heart needs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter