Unexpected Encounter II

I Can Never Stop Loving You : The Flashback
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he turned to the open door, he caught her eyes as she walked in. For a second, his heart skipped a beat. He couldn’t believe his eyes. It was really Seohyun; the girl he loves and the girl who broke his heart. It felt like everything around him froze. Both of them stood on their feet, speechless, immobilized by each other’s presence. 

She swallowed hard as she tried to avoid his eyes, although deep in her heart she was longing to see his charming eyes. He on the other hand stood there like a statue, eyes glued to the lady standing in front of him. Mix feeling filled her heart and his mind went cloudy. He didn’t know how to react. A part of him was still hurt by her, but another part was happy she was there.

“O-Oppa…” She stuttered, finally broke the awkward silence between them. She smiled an awkward smile to him. That was the best smile she managed to give him.

“What are you doing here?” He asked out of curiosity, but his eyes never left her.

She stepped a little forward towards him, tried to adjust the tense atmosphere around them. “I want to see you.” She looked at his eyes for a glimpse but later turned her sight to the floor. She was too embarrassed to meet his eyes.

He looked at her with thousands of unexplained thought in his mind. He moved to the studio wall and leaned the guitar he’d been holding against it. He heaved a low sigh. “Why? Why do you want to see me?” He asked without look at her. His tone was calm, but his expression was not. His face tells how surprised he was.

She inhaled deeply and slowly let it out. “I know you’ve been avoiding me. You cancelled all of my calls, let alone to pick it up. Obviously you’re still mad at me. I understand. I deserved it.” She moved forward to a stool at the center of the room; the stool he was sitting just then. “But I’m here to apologize.”

“This is so unexpected.” He turned to her. His eyes met hers. This time she didn’t look away. Although in a distance, he could see those eyes that he loved. The sparkle in her eyes that used to capture his heart is still there.

She stood near the stool, not moving. Her eyes were examined his face. “Oppa, I know apologize won’t fix the damage that has been done.”

He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall. “Hyun, there’s nothing to be sorry about. I guess what happened that night was pretty clear. We both know where we are standing right now.”

“So there’s no more chance for me to fix us?” She asked as she looked at him. She examined his face again. His expression was unreadable.

“Us?!” He faked a laugh. “As far as I can recall, there were never us, Seohyun.” He said nonchalantly. But deep inside, he knew the word he just said might hurt her. “I didn’t mean to fall in love with you, but I did. I fall head over heels for you, but what did I get in return then?  A never ending rejection.”

She was taken aback by his reply. It felt like a jab of sharp blade to her heart. She didn’t know how to respond to such statement. He was right, there were never ‘us’ in them. She looked at the man in front of him. He was as cold as ice. That wasn’t Yonghwa she used to know. But his eyes trembled as if he was holding in a great anger.

“Hyun…” He stood up straight with both hands in his jeans front pockets. “As far as I know, friendship won’t hurt you like this. Love did. We both hurt, so what? I can’t act like there’s nothing happen with us. I like you. In fact I fall in love with you. But as you said, we might not work out. So I keep that in my mind and I think it’s better fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter