Broken Promises and Broken Past

Surprise! Transformation!

So i finally made myself update!(: enjoyy~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After it had been decided that IU would stay, they had resumed eating , and silence had once again filled the air.  Yoseob cleared his throat, attempting to break the silence.

"So, IU," he said.  "How old are you?  Where ya from?"

"I'm 19, Yoseob-ssi, and I'm from Seoul."

"You don't have to show so much formality, " he laughed.  "We're the same age you know."

"B-But, you're like my boss now," IU pouted. 

Yoseob laughed.  This girl is so cute, he thought. 

"Yes, but it's not like you'd do everything I say, right?"

IU placed a finger on her chin, and thought.  "Umm, maybe?"

"All right, then.  Kiss me," Yoseob teased.

IU choked, coughing violently.  "EXCUSE ME?!"  She yelled, her face red with embarrassment.  "I'm not your slave!"  She declared. "Who do you think you are?!" She yelled, her hands clenched into a fist around her spoon

"Your boss," Yoseob replied cooly, stifiling his laughter.  

IU bit her lip, clueless as to what to say.  Yoseob finished up his last spoonful of jjuk and took his shirt off, hanging it on the back of his chair.  

IU clicked her tongue with annoyance.  "You shirtless ert!"  She murmured as she took her and Yoseob's bowls to the kitchen for washing.  

Yoseob smirked.  "I just thought you might want something nice to look at while you work."

IU scoffed, loud enough for Yoseob to hear in the other room.  This kid, she thought, showing absolutely no respect for him, he seems like he really wants to piss me off.  She put on her rubber gloves and began washing the dishes.  

Meanwhile, Yoseob chuckled in the dining room and headed to the living room, where he the T.V. and plopped down on the couch.  Laying his head on a pillow, he thought about this morning when he found out that his old friend, Lee Jieun, had died.  

He sighed, tears threatening to come out of his eyes.  Childhood memories of him and her playing together flashed in his eyes.  Swimming in the pool, playing at the park, walking through the gardens, they had done many things together.  They had been neighbors and best friends until they were twelve, when Jieun had to move to the U.S.  Vivid memories of their last day together slid into his mind.

[Flashback to 7 years ago, the day JIeun had to move.]

Jieun was wearing a light blue dress, but it wasn't fancy and there weren't any sparkles.  That's what Yoseob liked about her: she wasn't very girly.  They were standing in their favorite park, surrounded by trees and soft, blowing grass.

JIeun looked at Yoseob sadly.

"Yoseob-ah, I'm sorry," JIeun apologized again, tears rolling down her cheeks.  

Yoseob quickly rushed to wipe away her tears.  "Andwe.  You're going to say good bye to a lot of people, right?  You can't be crying already."  

Jieun's shining eyes looked up into Yoesob's.  She quickly buried her face into his chest, hugging him tightly.  Yoseob hugged her back, as he himself felt tears well up in his eyes.  

"You'll come back, won't you?"  Yoseob whispered into JIeun's hair.  

Jieun nodded silently, leaning her head against Yoseob's chest.  

"Then I'll wait for you,"  Yoseob declared.  "I won't love anyone but you.  I'll love only you."

Jieun went on her tip toes lightly kissed Yoseob on the cheek. 

"Me too,"  Jieun said, still in Yoseob's embrace.  "I will love only you."  

Jieun's phone rang, filling the air with music of *Someday*.

As she answered the phone, she gripped his hand, holding it tight.  

After a pause, Jieun stuttered the words, "N-Neh umma."

Jieun tucked her phone away, and she let her hand slip out of Yoseob's grasp.

"Goodbye Yoseob," she whispered, her back to him, and she started walking away.

[End Flashback]

Yoseob slowly wiped away his tears, clutching the sofa pillow.  He hadn't made a single sound, but the tears had kept falling

He gripped the pillow tigether, his fingers digging into the soft cushion. 

I broke my promise, Yoseob though with narrowed eyes.  And she broke hers. 

The year Jieun had come back to Korea, which was only 10 months ago, Yoseob had found Suzy.  Yoseob had truly loved Suzy, and they had already been dating for half a year.  Yoseob didn't have the guts to tell Jieun that he had broken their promise, so he didn't see Jieun at all, not even to welcome her back to Korea.  But 3 months after Jieun had come back, Yoseob found out that Suzy had cheated on him twice and they broke up.

At that time, Yoseob had decided to finally see Jieun again, when he was able to admit that he had loved someone else, but loved Jieun again.  Then he found out about Wooyoung.  Jieun met Wooyoung soon after she returned to Korea.  They had been dating up until now, since Yoseob had no update about Jieun and Wooyoung breaking up.  So they had both broken their promises.  

As these confusing thoughts swirled through Yoseob's mind, IU was making her way upstairs.  Her hands gently trailed the stair railings as she walked up at the steps.  

She walked up the staircase slowly, almost as if she was gently drifting upstairs like a wind.  She felt unemotional as she thought  about the events that had occured in that past few days.  Coldly, she entered her room.  

Her hard face and dark, crumpled clothing made her seem like a ghost.  She silently walked into her room, crawling under the covers and looking out the window.  She stared long and hard at the moon, gazing at it's bright light.

Pictures flashed into her mind, and she quickly hit her head.

Stop it.  Stop it.  STOP IT.

IU's breathing became quick and ragged.  She clutched her head with both hands.

Stop it, she thought, her breath beginning to return to normal.  

She then stared longingly at the moon again, watching the wind blow the tree branches.

IU laughed bitterly, thinking about the life she had once referred to as a fairytale.  

What fairytale?  She thought depressingly.  It never existed.  Once the spell broke there was nothing but harsh reality.

That's right, IU, she thought to herself.  You aren't Lee Jieun anymore.  You don't have a family anymore.  You don't have anything anymore.  Absolutely nothing...

A tear slid down her cheek as she laid down on the bed.  IU hugged the pillow and snuggled into it, trying to find warmth.  

You aren't Jieun anymore... her last thought before falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEWW.  That was a long chapter compared to some of my other one's, right? :D i tried really hard to make it detailed and emotional but.... i prolly failed... LOL 

so in case you guys are confused, IU is Lee Jieun, Yoseob's childhood friend.  Yoseob doesn't know that IU is Jieun and IU doesn't remember Yoseob. Don't question her memory, she's just forgetful(: LOL

wahh~ is it interesting? i feel like it's not that... good........ LOL 

but if you like my FF please comment and subscribe to bring up my self-esteem. HEH ;D i'm also thinking about writing another useob fanfic... :3 should i? lol