Car Ride

Surprise! Transformation!

It was awkward.  IU and Yoseob were heading to the shopping mall.  IU was sitting in the passenger seat of Yoseob's red sports car as she had been able to convince him to drive it.  Yoseob clutched the steering wheel gently with one hand, while his other hand was leaning against car door and supported his head.  

IU's arms were crossed and she was slouching into the car seat.  IU's eyes glanced at Yoseob and quickly flickered to the car window.  IU stared outside and leaned her cheek against the glass.  It's so awkward... IU thought to herself.  Am I supposed to make conversation?  

IU took this time of silence as a time for her to think.  I wonder what that man is doing now...  She thought to herself, her mind getting more and more distant.  Yoseob's eyes flickered to IU worryingly, noticing that she was slowly becoming pale and that a frown had appeared on her face.  

"Yah IU, time to come back to Earth," Yoseob said softly, and somewhat nervously.  IU jumped and stared at the clock, realizing that her mind had been gone for over 10 minutes.  "O-Oh," IU stuttered, slightly embarrassed.  "Sorry, I was thinking about something and I got lost in thought." 

Yoseob breathed out a sigh of relief.  "I thought you were going to go crazy again.  Thank gosh you're not."  [A/N: I'm sorry for the weird phrasing.  I wasn't sure if some of you would like it if i said 'god' D:]  IU didn't respond and remained silent.  Yoseob stared at her curiously. 

"Is little IU lost in her big thoughts again?"  He said teasingly, his eyes flickering from IU to the road.  "Keep your eyes on the road!"  IU shouted, blushing.  Yoseob laughed, his eyes concentrating on the road. 

"Aishh," Yoseob said impatiently.  "There's so much  traffic today!  How are we going to spend the whole day at the mall, IU?"  IU giggled.  "We're not going to spend the whole day there, I promise.  We definitely will NOT," IU said, full of confidence.     

As a car behind them honked their horn, Yoseob clicked his tongue.  "This babo is honking at me for nothing!  The freaking car in front of me won't move!  IT'S NOT MY FAULT!"  Yoseob said to himself, pouting.  

IU giggled, when suddenly she pointed to the car in front of them.  "YAH STEP ON THE BRAKE!"  She cried out.  Yoseob immediately slammed his foot on the brake.  The car in front of them had been moving forward and then suddenly stopped.  

Yoseob released a deep sigh.  "Thanks," he said to IU.  "I have to be more careful.  That could have been a really bad accident and caused lots of problems for my family."  

IU's head cocked to the side.  "Oh!  Your family?"  She said in a curious tone.  

"Why?"  Yoseob let out a breath.  "My parents are working really hard to expand their company business right now.  If they found out that I was in an accident, they might overreact and drop everything just to see me."

IU nodded her head, underestanding.  "Mhmm.  You don't want to bother them or be a burden, right?"  Yoseob nodded.  "You want to act responible like they person they treat you, and you don't want them to ruin their work for your sake, right?"  

Yoseob's eyes looked surprised.  "Wahh," he said.  "It's amazing how someone like you can understand a chaebol like me."  IU looked out the window, expressionless.  


[A/N: So guess what, i JUST found out about that line breaking thing up there^.  oh gawsh, i'm such a loser. -__-]

IU's POV

I can't believe that guy just reminded me of what happened.   I sighed.  Chaebols understand each other, but I'm not really a chaebol anymore... I think.  I'm sure umma and appa were going to give me the business when they and oppa died, but now that I'm 'dead' I wonder who the business is going to go to...  I should have looked at the newspapers.  Aishh!  Lee Ji Eun, you babo-ahh!

My hands curled into fists, and I could feel a certain tenacity within my mind, and although I was making it unnoticeable, I could feel frustration boiling in my mind as one thought led to another.  

All those lost memories... how can I get them back?!  

"Are you okay?"  Yoseob asked hesitantly.  I blinked, stunned for a moment.  "Yes, of course.  Why?"

Yoseob his lips, eyes still concentrating on the road and both hands on the wheel now.  "Just now, you were gritting your teeth," he explained.  "I thought you were mad or something."

Huh?  Then I wasn't hiding it well enough?  I thought to myself.  "No, I was just thinking about something and I guess I'm not too happy about it."  

Yoseob nodded and then grinned playfully.  "Tell Doctor Yang what's wrong.  I can be your new therapist!"  He said, laughing.  

"Nothing's wrong," I grumbled.  "Nothing that you need to know anyways," I said quietly, but apparently he heard me because he replied.  

"A master is supposed to know everything about his slave," he winked.  I felt my face turn red and warm.  "Y-Yah!  What have I said about you c-calling me your s-slave?!"  I yelled, mentally slapping myself for stuttering.  Get your words out right, Ji Eun!

Yoseob chuckled.  "Am I so cute that I'm making you stutter?"

I bit down hard on my lip, stifling an angry yell. I tasted salty blood in my mouth and i lessened the pain a little, gently releasing my teeth from my lip.

"So IU," Yoseob started. "What kinds of guys do you like?  I have a couple of friends who might be interested in you after you're actually pretty," he snickered.

"I'm not interested!"  I replied immediately, growling.  This stupid babo kept bringing up the topic of guys.  Ew.

Yoseob gasped. "Could it be...? Do you... like girls?"

My eyes shot open and I felt something get stuck in my throat. I began coughing wildly, going into a fit.

Yoseobs eyes looked like they were about to pop out of his head. "W-WHOA. ARE YOU OKAY??!!" Yoseob cried out in terror.

"I-I'm fine," I said. "I just," -cough- "choked on," -cough-  "my spit."  I hit my fist into my chest, trying to clear my throat.  After coughing a little more, I felt better. 

Yoseob's gaze flickered back and forth, from the road to me.  "Wait, so, do you like girls or guys?"

I narrowed my eyes at nothing in particular, but just to release some anger.  "I LIKE GUYS OKAY?!"  I shouted at him.  "I'M STRAIGHT, ALL RIGHT?  I JUST DON'T WANT TO GET INTO A RELATIONSHIP."

Yoseob didn't reply for a while and just drove silently.  Then, all of a sudden, he spoke.  "Oh, did you reply?  Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

Although I knew I would regret it, I exploded.  "ARE YOU CRAZY?"

"YES, YES YOU ARE," I answered myself.  "YANG YOSEOB IS COMPLETELY, DEFINITELY, IRREVOCABLY CRAZY."


This damn kid, I thought to myself.  I was definitely ignoring him for the rest of the car ride.

OH GAWSH EVERYONE, I'M SO SORRY. D:

i planned to make this chapter include at least part of the shopping trip, but my deadline is nearing... i have 8 minutes. LOLOL. i made a promise so i intend to keep it. sorry guys ): i'll try to update the shopping trip chapter ASAP~♥ 

comment/subscribe(: gomawo~♥