Coffee Kiss

Surprise! Transformation!

A/N:  So this chapter is MAAAD LONG YO~ 2000+ words:D KEWL!~ (I FEEL ACCOMPLISHED.)

i guess it's like an apology for not updating in like 3 weeks ): sorry.  i've been wanting to update this for like 4 days now, but with finals and everything, it hasn't been easy. LOL i started typing up this chapter since new year's or something... and i've continued adding little by little every couple of days/weeks. LOL. procrastination is bad. don't do it! D: (im such a hypocrite)

Anyways, i hope you enjoy! :DDD


"IU IU IU IU!  Stop ignoring me!"  Yoseob whined.  IU continued staring out the window  with a stern face.  "IU!"  Yoseob whined again.  

IU clicked her tongue and rolled her eyes.  "Concentrate on the road before you get us into an accident," she mumbled.

Yoseob's eyes lit up.  "Yay, you answered!"  He yelled happily.  "That was a long, quiet 8 minutes."  

IU swiftly turned her head to look at Yoseob directly.  "Hmph.  Don't think I'm an easy girl to handle.  I have to forgive you right now because I have to act polite and well-mannered in front of my boss," she said, her eyes giving him an intense, serious look.   

Yoseob turned to face the road, puffing his cheeks and nodding his head in an understanding way.  "Arraso.  I promise not to ignore you next time," he grinned.

IU pouted to herself, and silence once again engulfed the trip.  The only other noise was the sound of the car's heater whirring. 

"I don't like this silence," Yoseob stated bluntly.  "Why don't you tell me about yourself?"  

IU huffed and then crossed her arms.  "I don't remember much because of a recent accident, but my past isn't important anyways.  As of right now, I can't even say my real name and so I basically don't exist to the entire world."  

Yoseob stiffened.  "You exist to me," he said gently.  

IU's eyes softened and she loosened her grip on her arms.  "Thanks," she mumbled, eyes veering away from him.  

Yoseob smiled to himself and cheerfully began to sing.  

기다리면 언젠간 오겠지

gidarimyon eonjengan ogetji  

밤이 길어도 해는 뜨듯이

bami gireodo haeneun tteudeushi

아픈 내 가슴도 언젠간 다 낫겠지

apeun nae gaseumdo eonjengan da natgetji

"OH OH!"  IU began to point excitedly at Yoseob.  "I know that song!  The singer is daebak, but I forgot her name," she whined.  

Yoseob hummed thoughtfully.  "Whoa, I forgot her name too.  She's really pretty though!"  IU nodded her head.  

"I wanna be like her," IU sighed.  A gentle hand began caressing her cheek.  IU blinked and turned to face Yoseob.  

"You shouldn't wish to look like someone else," Yoseob said lightly.  "I think you're pretty already."

IU blushed and quickly slapped Yoseob's hand away.  "Y-Yah!  Don't touch me!  And keep both hands on the wheel, you lousy driver!"  

Yoseob laughed.  "Arraso, arraso.  I'll try to resist next time~" he said, his voice trailing off.  IU rolled her eyes in reply.  "I know I'm pretty and that you're my boss, but that doesn't mean you own me."  

"It just means that you're not completely mine's YET."  Yoseob smirked.  "You should see the number of girls who try to jump onto me at school.  Some of them are seriously crazy," he said, flashing a confident smile.  

It was quite obvious to IU how he was able to win the hearts of all those girls.  He was a cute teenager, and he also had a seemingly nice personality.  The only thing wrong with him is he's such a super playboy, IU thought, scrunching her nose in disgust. 

"Yoseob, did you know you're a playboy?"  IU stated blatantly.  Yoseob was so shocked that when his head bobbed up in surprise, he hit his head on the roof.  "Aishh!"  He winced, and rubbed his wounded head with a free hand while his other was steering the wheel.

IU's eyes widened.  "Omo!  Are you okay?!"  She frantically grabbed his hair and pulled his head to her to check it while Yoseob yelped in pain.  "Y-Yah!  I'm in the middle of driving!"  Yoseob exclaimed.  

IU ignored him and continued inspecting his head.  "Hmm...  Your head seems to be okay," she said as she gently combed through his hair with his fingers and released his head.

Yoseob gave IU a irritated expression.  "I know that I'm okay, OBVIOUSLY," he said, emphasizing  the word "obviously."  

"What?"  IU said innocently, with large eyes and a cute facial expression.  Yoseob turned away from IU's cute, irresistable aegyo and blushed a little.  As he looked in front of him, a smile formed on his face.  

"We have arrived at the mall~"  He said happily, driving into the parking lot.  They parked in a space quite far from the entrance because most spots were taken.  As they got out of the car, Yoseob skipped cheerfully across the lot.  

"Me and IU are at the mall," he sang in a singsong tone, moving his head along with the melody.  "Yahh!  Wait for me!"  IU called out to Yoseob, who pouted in reply.  "Hurry up, you slowpoke!"  Yoseob stuck out his tongue to her and ran away.  

IU was surprised by Yoseob's sudden childishness.  Sometimes he's mature and manly, sometimes he's cute and funny, and sometimes he's a total kid, IU thought as she ran after him.  

[10 minutes later]

IU looked around for Yoseob.  She had lost him in the parking lot and went inside the mall to look for him.  Inside the mall, IU was greeted with a large christmas tree shimmering with bright, colorful lights.  There were wrapped gifts with cute bows placed on top.  Despite the fact that it was Christmas time, which was supposed to be jolly and joyful, she gazed at them with sad eyes and a bitter smile.  An image of a cute chipmunk plushie appeared in her mind. 

wooyoung

Oh right...  She thought.  I was going to give it to Wooyoung oppa for Christmas.  IU let out a bitter laugh.  It doesn't matter anymore.  Suddenly, Yoseob's small face appeared in front of IU.  His eyes were large and their faces (and lips) were only a couple inches apart.  IU yelped in surprise.  

"Wahh, Yoseob, you scared me!"  IU said, clutching her chest.  Yoseob moved his face even closer to IU's, causing IU to widen her eyes and shrink back a little.  "W-What is it...?"  IU asked hesitantly.  

Yoseob's large eyes intimidated IU a bit.  "Yahh..."  He began, a threatening tone beginning to overtake his voice.  "Do you really think I'm a playboy?"  

IU blinked nervously.  "Uh uh, well that's uhm yes."  Yoseob frowned.  "I don't think I'm a BIG playboy," he said.  

"You are," IU coughed.  Yoseob gave her an annoyed look, his eyes narrowing into slits. [A/N: in case you don't know what i'm talking about, i mean the "-___-" face. i have NO idea how to describe it. -FACEPALM-]

"I can love someone sincerely!"  Yoseob argued back.  "There was this girl that I loved for something around 6 years!  We promised to love each other only!"

IU rolled her eyes.  "And what exactly happened?"  Yoseob's eyes lost it's fierceness and he opened his mouth to speak.  "I ended up loving someone else..."  He said, realizing what a horrible person he was.  

I promised Ji Eun that I would never fall for someone else...  And then she left... and I forgot about her and I went to Suzy...  When she found out about Suzy when she came back...  She gave up on me...  And she'll never know how much I really love her.

IU stared at Yoseob's shaking hands and pained expression, worry beginning to creep into her.  "Yah... Y-Yoseob..."  She said nervously.  Yoseob didn't reply and continued staring at his shaking hands with eyes of shock.  [A/N: EVERYDAY I SHOCK.  EVERY NIGHT I SHOCK.  oh gawsh, me and my random B2ST references(:]

IU swallowed thickly, knowing that he was acting this way because she had brought the topic up.  What the hell have I done...  IU thought guiltily.  

She quickly pulled him into a hug, squeezing her eyes shut tight.  Yoseob stiffened.  Surprisingly his heart skipped a beat and he felt his face warm up a little.  W-What the heck?  He thought to himself.  "W-What are you doing?"  He sputtered, surprised that his voice came out with a nervous tone and in a stutter.  

IU quickly pulled back and placed her hands behind her back, embarrassed.  She stared at the floor, her bangs blocking her eyes.  "I'm sorry I made you think of those painful memories and made  you hurt," she apologized, pronouncing her words carefully. 

Yoseob blinked and felt his inner nervousness dissipate.  Instead, he felt a bit disappointed.  Why?  He wasn't even sure himself.  But he was actually disappointed because he thought IU had hugged him because she liked him. [A/N: sorry seobbie oppa, she doesn't feel that way for you ): not yet anyways!:D] 

IU felt a hand patting her on the head.  Upon bringing her head up, she saw Yoseob gazing at her with eyes of confidence and strength.  "I forgive you, and you don't have to worry about me.  I'm a strong man." 

IU's eyes stared at Yoseob's confident face, a smile gracing his features.  IU then grabbed his hand which was on top of her head, and slapped the palm of it against her other hand.  

"Good job," she said with a cute smile.  Yoseob grinned and laughed.  

"Okay!"  Yoseob shouted.  "We have to buy living necesities for IU!~"  He said happily.  "What shall we start with first?"  

"Hmm," IU shrugged.  "Do you have things like extra toothbrushes and towels at your house?"  Yoseob nodded.  "Do you need any make-up thingies though?"  Yoseob asked her.  

IU scrunched her nose in disgust.  "Make-up is nasty.  I only need face cleansers and lotion."  

And so IU and Yoseob shopped for basic living materials for IU for the next hour or so.  Once finished with one part of their trip, they chose to eat lunch.  

"Look!"  Yoseob pointed to a tiny cafe/restaurant.  IU squealed in delight.  "It looks so quaint and cute!  Let's go in!"  She said excitedly, dragging Yoseob's arm while carrying several bags.  

They rushed into the quaint cafe to find that it was quite empty for lunch hour.  There were only 3 people or so in the area.  It was already 12 in the afternoon, and Yoseob and IU were starving.  As they waited by the door, a waiter dressed in a nice white button-down shirt and a black apron tied around his waist greeted them.

"Hello.  Welcome to Cafe Marshmallow Sweets," the waiter said with a kind smile.  "Table for two?"  

IU eye-smiled and giggled at the waiter before Yoseob could answer.  "Yes please!"  IU giggled.  The waiter grinned at IU's cheerfully cute smile and led them to a table with two seats across from each other and was next to the store window.

IU and Yoseob sat down and the waiter handed them each a menu.  "I'll be back later to take your order," he told them, and then walked away to behind the store counter.  

The two immediately began looking through the menu, their eyes scanning past the choices.  "I'm not that hungry," IU murmured without looking up from the menu.  Yoseob laughed, his eyes still on the menu.  "I'm starving!~" 

A few minutes later, the waiter came back and asked them if they were ready.  "Yes!"  IU smiled, nodding her head.  "I'd like a caramel macchiato, chocolate on the bottom, with a grilled chicken sandwich, a bowl of clam chowder with a side of caesar salad," IU recited with a smile, handing the waiter with her menu.  

"Uhh.  Can I have a white chocolate mocha, a large bacon burger and a blueberry muffin?"  Yoseob asked, handing him the menu.  The waiter nodded.  "Sure," he replied with an kind face.  He left for the counter again, and Yoseob faced IU.

"I kind of want to get more food after this," he whispered to her.  IU frowned at him.  "Why?  Don't you like the food here?"  

Yoseob made a face and shook his head.  "Not really.  I want to eat some cold kimchi noodles," he whispered.  "They don't have that here!"  

IU sighed.  "Arraso.  We can go check out other restaurant after this," she said, shaking her head.  Yoseob pounded his fists into the air with the feeling of victory.  "Assa!"

"Y-Yah!"  IU whispered harshly to Yoseob.  "This isn't the time or place to be doing that!"

Several more minutes passed in which IU and Yoseob engaged themselves into conversation.  "Yoseob," IU began.  "I think I'm going to enroll into your school."  

Yoseob's eyes widened.  "B-Bwoh!?"  He sputtered.  "Well, I guess you do have to do something about your future...  Coming to school and getting an education would do that."  

IU scowled.  "Don't look at me as if i'm some kind of incoherent, uneducated ignoramus!"  IU yelled with eyes like a lion and fire burning in her hair.  "I've gone to school!  I just lost all my school records in the acci-"  She stopped suddenly, and quickly covered .  

Yoseob immediately cocked his head.  What IU said had piqued his interest.  "Accident?"  Yoseob asked with a curious tone.  

IU shook her head violently.  "No, no.  It's nothing."  

Yoseob's eyebrows furrowed.  "Yah, don't lie to m-"  

The waiter suddenly appeared with two large trays and a smile on his face.  "Your orders are read-"  He cut himself short and frowned.  "Ah, sorry, did I interrupt something?"  He bowed slightly and apologized.  

IU shook her hands rapidly.  "Ani!  It's fine!"  The waiter gave her a light smile and placed their dishes in front of them accordingly.  "Please enjoy your dishes," he bowed down politely, and began to disappear behind the counter once more.  

Yoseob called him back.  "Umm, excuse me, but I think I ordered mocha or something."  The waiter's eyes immediately widened.

"Oh yes!  Well, that is, our coffee machine is having some technical difficulties today, and is working quite slowly.  I'm sorry, but could you and your girlfriend please wait a little longer?" 

IU who had been already spooning some soup immediately dropped her spoon upon hearing the waiter call her Yoseob's girlfriend.  "No!"  She yelled, eyes filled with desperation to explain the situation.  

Her fists pounded onto the table, spilling a little bit of her soup and causing some of the utensils to clatter.  "Please don't misunderstand!  We're not in that kind of relationship!  At this moment, we are barely even friends, so please don't think of us as intimate!"  IU yelled, eyes closed tightly. 

"O-Oh, I see," the waiter stammered.  "I'm sorry for having made that mistake...  But you two honestly look very cute together!"  He said the last sentence with a rushed tone and ran behind the counter.  

IU bit her lip, eyebrows furrowing.  "C-Couple..."  She mumbled to herself.  Yoseob was in a daze, a light blush hidden in his face by the dim lights.  He thinks we're cute together...  So, maybe...we...  His thoughts trailed off as his heartbeat quickened and he imagined him and IU as a couple.  

He quickly shook his head as thoughts of Ji Eun and Suzy came into his mind.  A-Andwe!  I could just be playing around with feelings again...  Aish!  Dumb hormones!

IU eyed his frustrated expression quietly while taking a bite out her sandwich.  "Are you going to eat or what...?"  She said in a quiet tone.  

Yoseob blinked.  "Oh, yeah!  Haha, of course!"  He laughed, sheepishly rubbing the nape of his neck.  Yoseob dove into his burger, mouth full with meat, while IU calmly and slowly drank her soup and took tiny bites of her sandwich.  

About 20 minutes later, they were finished with their meal, and the waiter returned with their coffees in hand.  Nervously, he gave them their drinks and spoke.  "Uhm, I'm sorry that my last comment disturbed you," he stammered.  He bowed slightly.  "Please enjoy your drinks," he said shyly before slinking away.  

IU smiled at him.  Hahaha, she laughed inwardly.  He has such a cute personality!  He looks about...  20 years old?  He's got really good manners for his age, it almost makes him seem like an old man! 

She looked around for a napkin and quickly pulled one out of the napkin holder.  "Yoseob, do you have a pen?"  She asked in a rushed tone.  

Yoseob nodded, mouth stuffed with hot coffee.  As he grabbed a pen from his pocket and handed it to IU, his eyebrows furrowed with confusion.  

He gulped down his coffee while IU quickly scribbled something done on the napkin.  "Wat'cha doing?"  He asked curiously.

IU giggled.  "Haha, nothing!~"  She said, placing the napkin down on the table.  She eye-smiled and then took a sip of her coffee.  

Yoseob couldn't help but just stare at her.  Frozen, he watched as IU placed the coffee cup down onto the table.  

"I-IU," he stuttered.  IU looked up from her drink.  "Hm?"  

Yoseob his upper lip.  "Uh, you've got a little something right here," he said, hand shaking.  

IU cocked her head and gently her upper lip.  "Y-You still have more..."  Yoseob commented.

With a determined expression, IU continued her lip, unsuccessfully attempting to get the frothy coffee off. 

Still staring at IU's cute actions with a dazed expression and slightly blushing, Yoseob shook his head out of it and grabbed a napkin.  He stood up and walked next to her, bending his knees a little to be at the same height level as IU.  

He gently held IU's chin with his left hand and his right hand holding the napkin near her lip.  Yoseob paused, staring at the yummy-looking cream on her lips.  The white froth looked very appetizing to him, as well as the lips which it covered.  

Gently, Yoseob pressed his lips against her's and softly closed his eyes.  IU's eyes instantly widened, and her heart skipped a beat.  Her cheeks were bright red and she gulped and froze when she felt Yoseob her lips.  

WHA WHA WHA-  THIS KID!!  IU's mind exploded, barely able to keep herself intact.  

As Yoseob attempted to deepen the kiss and place his tongue inside , she squeezed her eyes shut and shoved him away harshly.

Yoseob staggered backwards, surprised, while IU stood tall and strong.  

"YAH!  What the HELL do you think you're doing?!"  She yelled, fury and anger clearly in her eyes.  Her hands were closed into trembling fists and she gave a death glare to Yoseob. 

Unfazed, Yoseob ignored her glare and roller his eyes.  "I bet you liked it," he stated, sitting back down.  

Growling, IU swiped her drink and stomped out of the cafe, heading to some random direction.  

"Yah, hold up!"  Yoseob called.  His eyes wandered to the piece of napkin she had left on the table and had scribbled on.  "Yah, you left th-"  He suddenly stopped talking as he read the words on the napkin.  

Yoseob cracked a small smile and clicked his tongue as he slapped a 20 dollar bill on the table, grabbed his drink, and ran out yelling after IU.  

As the waiter returned to the empty table, he noticed the napkin under the 20 dollar bill and realized there were words written on it.  He read it aloud.  

"Dear Mr. Waiter, I think you're a really nice guy and I want to be friends with you!  Honestly my life hasn't been the greatest recently...  I've lost my family and all my loved ones.  When I met you today, I was so happy when I realized that not all people in the world are evil.  I really hope we can be friends.(:  My name is IU, and I'll be back to this cafe soon!"

"From, IU."  

The waiter grinned at the note and carefully put it in his apron pocket.  "IU," he said to himself, nodding.  


LOLOLOL.  So was that a stupid way to end my chapter? ;DD oh gawshers, im such a pabo >_<  

I'm actually kind of happy that this chapter is so long:] it makes me feel like i've made up for not updating in SOOOOOOOO LONG.  (but i know it's not enough(: )  

Har har, i know that the scene was similar to the one from secret garden, but i came up with the idea on my own too! LOL i've had the idea saved into my phone for a while. sorry if you're offended ):

I'll update again soon! :D i have 'regents week' next week,  and i dont have any regents so i get the WHOLE week off! except for monday. which is chinese/korean new year - -'' or as I like to call, ASIAN NEW YEAR :D

ahaha, so happy asian new year to all you asians out there! :D 

CHINESE:  GONG HAY FAT CHOI.   

                     GONG XI FAT CHAI. 

KOREAN:  SAE HAE BOK MANI BADEUSEYO 

^LOL what the heck? im so lame. ;D 

subscribe and comment! i hope you enjoy!

OH GAWSH. i almost forgot to say:  i know this chapter is kind of long. so i was wondering if it was TOO long for one chapter D: does it seem weird? should i separate it into two. LEMME KNOWWWW!~

okay, now i'll say bai for real! :D BAII~